Data sense

vestasan

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello. Today I had a problem - data sense suddenly stopped working, then power button stopped working and I had to soft reset. When I did it without sim card and SD card, I managed to launch data sense and set limits, power button started working again. After soft reset again, power button began working, but data sense doesn't work.
Is it possible to re install it? Or do I need to wait for update. I'm using unlocked 1520, country variant, latest update, cyan, no pfd installed.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Seems a bit odd that it just stopped working. Did you recently update the OS?

There are two options to consider. One is a hard reset and the other is using the Software Recovery Tool. Both these options will erase your phone's data.

I will gladly help you with these but I don't want to type instructions up if you decide you don't want to do this.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Did you try putting in your data info such as are u on a monthly subscription or the data limit you have. Try putting in those details again. Has the app completely stopped? Does it crash? Does it open?

vestasan

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello again. For some very odd reason everything is working again. I suspect it might be my SD card , its 64gb SanDisk, but it sometimes is very slow and after reboot it takes long time to load all apps - they are grayed out on start screen. I didn't update recently, only couple of apps. Was ready for hard reset, since power button issue was very annoying, but it is ok now. Thanks for quick replies and your help!

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
No problem 😊 you could try giving the sd card slot a little clean with compressed air. Sometimes of the pins inside get dirty it can cause the card to read slow or not be read at all. Great news though. Have a great day 😊

vestasan

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I left my phone for an hour, and the issue returned... Seems to me, that I would have to do hard reset, or use Lumia software... Though, may be I should move to preview for developers, the phone would receive ota update, and everything should return to normal? At least, I wont loose everything.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Yes you can do a back up of apps + settings in the backup section of your phone settings. Do this before hard reset.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
As for saving data - is it in backup option, or there is another way to save everything before hard reset? Thanks

Keep in mind that if you're into games not all of them offer backup.

But yes, do backup beforehand. I'd recommend using the Software Recovery Tool personally.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The DP is just an upgrade. It may make things worse if your phone is already buggy.

Just make sure all you personal stuff, as much as you can, is backed up and either hard rest or use the software. I'm more for the software simply because it's a complete fresh start.

In the past I didn't even restore because there was often buggy apps that caused issues (I'm still not entirely sure how the backup system works on WP) and I usually just downloaded fresh and skipped over what I didn't use in a regular basis.

But that's me. I'm not a game person or someone who used their phone like a personal computer and all round life controller.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers