***update for vlc***

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
There is an update available for VLC which is now version 1.0.4.0 and I'm soooo pleased to say that I have audio and video on it for Nokia Lumia 520. I am so pleased with it. The sound coming from the speakers is amazing. Even though I haven't gotten equalizer settings (ie bass, treble etc as I have a 512mb device but dont care about that as I convert all my audio to 320kbps and get superb sound from my headphones) but with VLC its like it has a booster in the app. I've tested the sound from MixRadio vs VLC and the sound is louder, more bass boosted very happy. I'll use VLC more for music but the video quality is superb too.

Sent using my Nokia Lumia 520 via the Windows central app 😊

dysje

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
You do realize there's an equalizer built right into WP8.1 right? In audio settings? Only downside is that you need headphones connected to be able to modify equalizer.

Good you like the video quality. The desktop VLC app and VLC metro app suffer from lower quality video and increased battery use compared to built-in features of Win8.1. Hopefully the WP8.1 app is different. I have my doubts though.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
You do realize there's an equalizer built right into WP8.1 right? In audio settings? Only downside is that you need headphones connected to be able to modify equalizer.

Feature is unavailable on Nokia Lumia 520 as its a 512mb device. Only 1GB processor devices can access that function.
I have the Nokia Lumia 520 😊

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

Good you like the video quality. The desktop VLC app and VLC metro app suffer from lower quality video and increased battery use compared to built-in features of Win8.1. Hopefully the WP8.1 app is different. I have my doubts though.

There is no equalizer in the audio settings for some lower end phones. djeire84 has a Lumia 520, with no equalizer. I have the 635, again, with no equalizer.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
There is no equalizer in the audio settings for some lower end phones. djeire84 has a Lumia 520, with no equalizer. I have the 635, again, with no equalizer.

It sucks dont it?? I had the Nokia 6303i classic on Symbian OS and had full equalizer settings but on here a much higher spec phone then the latter I don't have them. I convert my music to 320kbps so like the audio does gain a hell of alot of volume and overall it boosts it up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6