Enabling Hey Cortana on 1520?

Matthew Blair

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I admit I'm still confused about how to enable Hey Cortana.

I have a brand new 1520 and in extras and info, it says it has Denim. I backed out of the settings, turned it off and back on and re checked and its still showing Denim.

Am I missing something here?

Matthew Blair

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site

moegnd

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Come on guys, he already said he has Denim, restarted his phone and still have denim.
Buy the way I also have denim, but I can't get "hey, Cortana" to work. I also can capture 4k videos and the camera is much faster than what it used to be (1520). Still though, not as fast as the iPhone.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I understand. There is a "bug" which is responsible for the confusion and you are not the only one who got confused by it.
But I hope that it's clear now.

Even here on WC we have bugs but we call them trolls.:)

By the way if you are not locked to a carrier and have for example a CV of Finland you will have DENIM.

Matthew Blair

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Come on guys, he already said he has Denim, restarted his phone and still have denim.
Buy the way I also have denim, but I can't get "hey, Cortana" to work. I also can capture 4k videos and the camera is much faster than what it used to be (1520). Still though, not as fast as the iPhone.
That's cool, but I know they're trying to help. I do the same thing all the time.

I have a feeling it may have something to do with the dev preview.
Would it be helpful to provide more specific property information of the phone and software?

Matthew Blair

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I understand. There is a "bug" which is responsible for the confusion and you are not the only one who got confused by it.
But I hope that it's clear now.

Even here on WC we have bugs but we call them trolls.:)
I think I get it. You're saying the bug is the fact its showing as Denim but is actually Cyan?

In that case it makes perfect sense....it is MS after all. 😄

daveey

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
I was of the understanding that the "Hey, Cortana" voice invoke feature will only work on devices that have an 800 series processor, (or higher), and may not work properly until Windows 10 comes out*
(* that may only apply to PC's though, I'm not sure)

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I was of the understanding that the "Hey, Cortana" voice invoke feature will only work on devices that have an 800 series processor, (or higher), and may not work properly until Windows 10 comes out*
(* that may only apply to PC's though, I'm not sure)

Hey Cortana works on Lumia devices with snapdragon 800 (icon, 930 and 1520) which have DENIM. (and the correct settings for region etc. You do not have to have windows 10 on your phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss