7. Eye Sensor Technology
8. All gestures should included
9. Slim like sward
10. Metal Body

What you think Guys

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
that concept picture/design is outstanding, i never wanted a 6" screen phone but id get that in a heartbeat

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I want it to be able to cook my food, make my bed, and also fly.

FREE off contract is REQUIRED.

tell MS to make it!

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I think the concept looks great too. I'm just skeptical you could build that and have it be rigid enough. There is pretty much nothing preventing torsion forces from deforming the device, so all forces would have to be resisted directly by the glass screen... looks like a recipe for a lot of broken devices and angry consumers to me, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Your RAM and storage desires hurt more than they help though.

Adding 4GB of RAM would do absolutely nothing for the user experience on such a device, so you'd be increasing cost for nothing but bragging rights.

Adding 128GB of internal storage on a device that supports SD cards is probably counter productive. That would add $100 to the cost of this device all by itself, but not everyone who'd like such a device would appreciate being forced to pay for storage they don't need. I think it's better to stick with 16GB or 32GB and let everyone decide form themselves how much storage they actually want to pay for. If you really want that much storage, you'd be better off asking for RAID support over two or three SD card slots. That would also give the device a bit of an originality bonus, on top of much better read/write performance.

Last edited:

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
why not go with:
1. Intel Core i7 5960X
2. 64 GB DDR4 3000 RAM
3. 1 TB Samsung SSD
4. 3D holographic display, expandable from 3.5" to 8" for dual phone-tablet mode

oh? it wouldn't work you say? well yours doesn't either :p

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
If you really want that much storage, you'd be better off asking for RAID support over two or three SD card slots. That would would also give the device a bit of an originality bonus, on top of much better read/write performance.
i've never heard of RAID over SD before and even if that were feasible, you'd be burning a lot of power (to power on multiple cards) and decreasing reliability since in RAID 0, if one card fails, the whole system fails. besides it's not the bandwidth that's the issue, it's usually the flash latency that's bottlenecking app performance

dmm96452

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I just wish they would announce some kind of upgrade to the 1520. I still love mine and it is working great but I also get bored easily and look for a new device to play with often. I'd hate to have to go back to Android to scratch that itch.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just wish they would announce some kind of upgrade to the 1520. I still love mine and it is working great but I also get bored easily and look for a new device to play with often. I'd hate to have to go back to Android to scratch that itch.

I just look to older devices to scratch that itch
webOS? Android? to the old phones we go!

UberGadgetFreak

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
If the replacement for the 150 looked like the concept images here, had 4GB RAM, 64GM internal storage, camera bumped to 25MP, metal body/chassis, and used the software keys instead of hardware allowing the bottom of the display to be even closer to the bottom edge from the picture, I could see it being the same price as the 1520 was when it originally released given the flow of technology.

The one other thing I would ask is to not have a carrier-specific feature. Let them customize what apps get installed, network pre-configuration, brand the phone, and choose the radio. But that's it, no removing or adding carrier-specific hardware (i.e. at&t and the Qi thing, and half the storage of non-at&t 1520s).

if they made a new 1520 replacement that looked like the concepts here, even with the same limitations as the current 1520 though, I'd still buy one. It's pretty hot/

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
i've never heard of RAID over SD before and even if that were feasible, you'd be burning a lot of power (to power on multiple cards) and decreasing reliability since in RAID 0, if one card fails, the whole system fails. besides it's not the bandwidth that's the issue, it's usually the flash latency that's bottlenecking app performance

Oh crap, busted :sweaty:

I was just trying to think of what you could do with storage that would be a little more exciting than just upping capacity, which many people wouldn't see much value in anyway. I mostly agree with your points on RAID, although you can RAID pretty much anything (I've personally used RAID over USB sticks believe it or not). I was just trying not to get verbose and to get people's imaginations going. Just replace RAID with some other mechanism that you'd think might make more sense, if you had more than one SD card to address. :wink:

The only point I disagree with is the issue of power. I doubt it would make a noticeable difference, even with three of four cards, unless you're doing something that is constantly accessing storage, which would be rather atypical. AFAIK modern SD cards draw < 0.2 mA in standby, which is completely irrelevant.

Last edited:

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Wow. Such wonderful concept. Kudus.

Flagship-Ultra Flagship 10xx/15xx Series
5.2"/5.8" IPS LCD/Super AMOLED @2K with glance, clear black, pure motion 2k+ & gorilla glass 3 or greater
Dolby Dual Front Speakers
Hardware Capacitive Keys
Thin Front Bezels
White bezels in front
F/2 13MP 1/2.3" Front Camera sensor with dual LED & Xenon Flash
Dedicated camera key
4K video recording with front camera
Thin curved metallic chassis with removable metal back in cyan, yellow, orange, crimson, navy blue, pink, black, white, gold, silver, mauve, steel, teal and lime colours matte finish
Stylus(Digital Pen integration) support
Stylus not included/ Stylus(digital pen) included in body
Octa core SD810 CPU
4GB RAM
128GB internal storage with SD card slot up to 128GB
F/2.2 41MP or greater 1/1.3" sensor Rear Camera with dual tone LED and Xenon Flash arranged in 3 point lighting system-manner
4K video recording @60fps, 1080p @120fps & 720p @240fps for Rear Camera
Pureview, Zeiss Optics & OIS for both Rear & Front Cameras
7.1 HAAC Mics Virtual Surround Recording & Directional Recording with Noise Cancellation

Dedicated Imaging Chip to Handle large images with speed and efficiency and faster shot times, shot to shot times, camera app loading to capture times & faster imaging processing and post processing
RAW image Capture
Sensor core, Magnetometer, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor, Proximity Sensor, GPS, A-GLONASS, Virtual Surround Sound, Audio Equalizer, Noise Cancellation for Headphones, Bose Audio Tech(or any dedicated audio output technology)
Dual LTE SIM
3400mah/4000mah removable battery
Qi Wireless Charging & Turbo Charging
Reversible USB connector port
USB OTG
DLNA, Miracast, latest WiFi and Bluetooth Standards
VoLTE
Bluetooth Keyboard, Mouse & Joysticks support

And no don't tell me it can't be done because it can. You just need to pay attention to detail. Plus, I don't care if it will be as expensive as $1000 because if I'm willing to pay $800+ for a flagship device, I might just pay a little more to be future proof. Also, Apple managed some or many of this things in iPhone 6 plus and still managed to keep manufacturing costs under $200.

anon(8860722)

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Snapdragon 810 and 64bit os.
P.S. Microsoft should make windows phone work with all the snapdragon processors instead of only SD400/800. I heard that windows phone cannot support SD610/615, which is unfortunate.

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Snapdragon 810 and 64bit os.
P.S. Microsoft should make windows phone work with all the snapdragon processors instead of only SD400/800. I heard that windows phone cannot support SD610/615, which is unfortunate.

They seem to add support as they come.....and sometimes they just add the one they need for their device (such as the SD800) when they should have also took it a step further and added SD805 support or SD810 support, or heck just add support for the entire gamut of Snapdragons so they wouldn't have to deal with the 'one generation less' hardware restriction they always end up with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion