Sony Xperia Z4 with Windows Phone

Shobin Drogan

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I would love to see sony on WP as well, but if you want WP to have a difference in sales figures, Samsung needs to be on board.
Although i don't care much about Samsung phones, the fact is that they sell very well, there are quite a few people on the windows train because they tried the ativ S, getting Samsung fans to try out windows phones definitely helps the OS a lot.
But me personally i would like to see more HTC on Windows, the Desire Eye is pretty neat.

anon(8141431)

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Micrsoft is working to bring xbox one remote playing to WP. Sony has PS4 remote play on its phones.

So a Sony Xperia windows phone with both xbox and ps4 streaming will be a gamer's dream device.... amirite ?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm opposite of you guys; I always loved Lumia hardware but wasn't quite so cracked over WP. There's a reason why every WP I owned or own is a Lumia. I always wished for a Lumia running Android.

Sent from whatever device I happen to be using today using Tapatalk

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
the Sony Xperia is beautiful yet also has a rugged feel to it.

The device may feel durable... But is it really? I don't think so

I've dropped my Z3Compact three times already. Not a scuff, mark, dent, scratch, crack or anything of sorts. The build quality is amazing. Nokia would be proud.
(On the other hand, my 930 built by MM is plagued with build problems)

As for the Z line with Windows Phone, I doubt that will happen now.
There was a time Microsoft could have struck a deal with Sony to make that happen. However, Microsoft and Sony clearly didn't reach an agreement and in the meantime Sony has replaced the head of their Mobile division and sold their VAIO line to a Japanese consortium. (VAIO is actually going to launch a line of phones too, but they too will run Android).

Since then Sony has fully committed itself to Android. They've connected their Z3 line to the PS4, they've replaced the OS in their smartwatches (which was proprietary in the first two) with Android Wear and they've now announced at CES that all their 2015 Bravia TVs will run Android TV.

So as far as Sony goes, I think all dreams of having their hardware running WP are dead.
Microsoft's lack of direction regarding WP itself hasn't helped at all either, one should note.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Sony could do a WP device, you are wrong there. But only when WP sells enough that there is some chance even to make money out of a flagship device. Now? Noooooooooooooo wayyyyyyy it makes sense.

Last edited:

spideymaniac

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Huh, never thought about that but you make me feel interested to have Xperia device with Windows OS, hopefully if W10 is popular enough, Sony will make one..

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
A Z4 with WP ? It would be divine for Sony fans. Hell, the camera would perform terrific on WP, lol, as opposed to their god awful Android camera app.

Vik Lamtiugov

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Yeap guys, just imagine PSN and Xbox Live on a same device, Sony PS4 remote play and XBOX ONE Game streaming, sony's superior design, water - dust protection, desktop mode if you using external display with your phone... etc. It can be an ultimate device for everybody + Gamers "must have" phone! Really hope that Microsoft will release Windows 10 custom roms far android devices.:amaze: iPhone killer - for real :devil:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2