So You Want A Refund for a Bad App?

anon(9057135)

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
(No Offense To Developers, By Bad Apps I mean apps that don't work properly)

1. Click this link and click on Chat. Sign in to to your Microsoft account.
  2. Now describe your problem and click Submit. Once again, you'll have to wait for them to respond and depend on the company judging whether your grievance is genuine.
  3. If it is, You should get your refund.

​(
Also, for future references, keep the Receipt when you buy the app & when refunding, e-mail the transcript of the chat to yourself)

(IAPs Work!! BUT, Only if they add features.)

Last edited:

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You can try to contact them via the link. Ask your Supporter if they can. Tell them you want a refund for that app that doesn't exist.

I'll try and report back. On Xbox you can download pulled apps if you purchased them, should really consider changing policies on Windows phone

dinchy87

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I want refunds for apps that were pulled from the store. Link is completely unrelated?

No offense but you read the terms and conditions?! Developers can do anything they want with their apps. And this is good, because then would every user want a refund. Let me downlaod Minecraft, and all the other 40-50$ apps and then take the refund and have the apps still installed. This is not ok. Therefore the terms and conditions say, the app developer is responsible for app updates. maintaince of the app, and he can pull the app in every time he wants. Usage of an app is not limited by Microsoft to the dev, its the dev that its in position :) so every dev can take his/her app from store, and what should happend then if i remove my app and 30.000 users want a refund?! from where? :)

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No offense but you read the terms and conditions?! Developers can do anything they want with their apps. And this is good, because then would every user want a refund. Let me downlaod Minecraft, and all the other 40-50$ apps and then take the refund and have the apps still installed. This is not ok. Therefore the terms and conditions say, the app developer is responsible for app updates. maintaince of the app, and he can pull the app in every time he wants. Usage of an app is not limited by Microsoft to the dev, its the dev that its in position :) so every dev can take his/her app from store, and what should happend then if i remove my app and 30.000 users want a refund?! from where? :)

If Microsoft pulls images of Win7 from their site I still have a hard copy.

On Windows Mobile I could back up all my data in easily accessible formats....

dinchy87

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
If Microsoft pulls images of Win7 from their site I still have a hard copy.

On Windows Mobile I could back up all my data in easily accessible formats....

Hard copies of Windows 7 and app are two different things. please read the terms an conditions, the link is under every app download in the store.

some of the lines say basically "users have only a licence to use the app not the rights for the app" like an VHS ages ago, you go and get it licenced for some day. the owner still is the app developer. So installing an "copy" of the app without the store is an infringment of this terms of conditions.

In the end every dev has the right to pull apps from the store as they want to. They are the owners of the apps, not the users. Users just have a licensed copy, and if it s pulled fro mthe store if you have it installed on the phone then this is clearly cheating on developers if users then try to get for each app a refund and use it afterwards.

anon(9057135)

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Hard copies of Windows 7 and app are two different things. please read the terms an conditions, the link is under every app download in the store.

some of the lines say basically "users have only a licence to use the app not the rights for the app" like an VHS ages ago, you go and get it licenced for some day. the owner still is the app developer. So installing an "copy" of the app without the store is an infringment of this terms of conditions.

In the end every dev has the right to pull apps from the store as they want to. They are the owners of the apps, not the users. Users just have a licensed copy, and if it s pulled fro mthe store if you have it installed on the phone then this is clearly cheating on developers if users then try to get for each app a refund and use it afterwards.

Not only is it infringement, It's piracy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo