Leaving Android, now looking for app advice

Reddeviluk

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Ola WP8.1 users. About a month ago I decided to try a new OS after being an Android fan for many MANY years, I picked WP8.1 as I find myself detesting anything Apple (fashion over function in my opinion)..... Anyway, in the month since I've been happy enough to stick my Galaxy S4 back in the box and possibly eBay with no intention of going back from my Nokia 1020, which has left me determined to plug the holes in the few apps that I'm missing.

I'm 90% there, but still looking for a few opinions from more experienced users than I.

The few I'm looking for are:

Google Music, I've tried "CloudMusik" but am finding it a little slow to load my library and no real playlist options... Any alternatives for people wanting to access their Google cloud based music (rather than the Google subscription option)

uTorrent Remote, currently using "uTorrent Remote" but finding it a pain as I have to type in username and password every single time..... Anyone?

Chrome Remote Desktop.... Basically, this doesn't exist, looking for a remote desktop solution to be able to access my Windows 7 home server. Microsoft has the "Remote Desktop" app which is great, but without Gateway I cannot access my PC through the internet, which I need too.

So, any help greatly appreciated, hopefully someone who's already made the leap can make some suggestions.

Many thanks,

Rich
Nokia 1020 (Cyan while I wait for Denim)
England.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Ola WP8.1 users. About a month ago I decided to try a new OS after being an Android fan for many MANY years, I picked WP8.1 as I find myself detesting anything Apple (fashion over function in my opinion)..... Anyway, in the month since I've been happy enough to stick my Galaxy S4 back in the box and possibly eBay with no intention of going back from my Nokia 1020, which has left me determined to plug the holes in the few apps that I'm missing.

I'm 90% there, but still looking for a few opinions from more experienced users than I.

The few I'm looking for are:

Google Music, I've tried "CloudMusik" but am finding it a little slow to load my library and no real playlist options... Any alternatives for people wanting to access their Google cloud based music (rather than the Google subscription option)

uTorrent Remote, currently using "uTorrent Remote" but finding it a pain as I have to type in username and password every single time..... Anyone?

Chrome Remote Desktop.... Basically, this doesn't exist, looking for a remote desktop solution to be able to access my Windows 7 home server. Microsoft has the "Remote Desktop" app which is great, but without Gateway I cannot access my PC through the internet, which I need too.

So, any help greatly appreciated, hopefully someone who's already made the leap can make some suggestions.

Many thanks,

Rich
Nokia 1020 (Cyan while I wait for Denim)
England.

GoogleMusic: you may try :
Deleted: I see outcoldplayer is not yet on WP.

I would suggest try to move to xbox music.

Remote desktop: W10 should bring in more features, till then you have to wait, meanwhile chk if teamviewer app allows u to access remote desktop.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I am surprised nobody really jumped in with comments yet, Rich. But if I am not mistaken, this is the largest Windows Phone forum to my knowledge. I only noticed this thread through scrolling through the app :p I never check this forum usually

I'll try to help.

1. I am Anti-google so idk many alternatives for Google music(I use Xbox music :p). I was on WMPU the other day and I saw this app being mentioned.

I am not sure if it will do what you want, but by all means look at it. It may help you. Keep in mind that google snubs and treats Windows Phone users like crap so you are always going to be treated as irrelevant when it comes to google products :) Try Xbox Music(It's not AS bad as people say it is, though could be much better)

Here's the app
Player for Google Play Music | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

2. Utorent
Idk much about this or torrents as I don't use those types of things. However, I did remember WindowsCentral discussing this torrent thing awhile back

Torrent like a boss on Windows Phone 8.1 with Torrex Pro, free for a limited time | Windows Central

Cant help with the remote desktop thing :) Hope I was able to offer some sort of help :p

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Small tidbit you may be interested in.
If you are in the USA, do Bing Rewards searches on PC and Phone!
You can earn points which you can redeem for money in the app store as msft giftcards
I've been able to buy myTube, Tweetium, Calculator Toolbox, Start Perfect, and 2x Rings in Sonic Dash for free (technically). ^^

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon