01-18-2015 04:14 AM
49 12
tools
    God, it's hard to keep this nice, but I will. It's horrible, in every way. Every. Way.
    gpobernardo likes this.
    01-14-2015 11:03 AM
    Thanks for thinking and posting your idea. But, I'm not a fan.
    gpobernardo likes this.
    01-14-2015 11:16 AM
    Seems like what Firefox OS should have been.
    EssThree likes this.
    01-14-2015 11:32 AM
    I think it's great!!
    01-14-2015 01:08 PM
    The added functions are good, though I think that the design could use some tweaking
    01-14-2015 02:48 PM
    The added functions are good, though I think that the design could use some tweaking
    Some tweaking aka a start from scratch.
    01-14-2015 04:04 PM
    I have never used the action centre for anything except the quick toggle buttons. The notifications in the action centre are, to at least 90%, useless redundancy. The only time notifications in the action centre are not redundant is when they include notifications for tiles that I have not pinned to the start screen or toasts that I missed.
    I disagree, the Action Centre is there to catch the notifications you miss by either not having your phone with you or not having the app pinned. Therefore it's not "useless redundancy", I really do wonder if the 90% of Windows Phone users that you claim to find it redundant pin every single app they have to the start screen just to eliminate that "useless redundancy". What might be useless to you isn't useless to everyone and I would say that it's only about 10% who actually do find the Action Centre useless.
    princeegli likes this.
    01-14-2015 08:22 PM
    I disagree, the Action Centre is there to catch the notifications you miss by either not having your phone with you or not having the app pinned. Therefore it's not "useless redundancy", I really do wonder if the 90% of Windows Phone users that you claim to find it redundant pin every single app they have to the start screen just to eliminate that "useless redundancy". What might be useless to you isn't useless to everyone and I would say that it's only about 10% who actually do find the Action Centre useless.
    I agree....im always relying on notification center to check what I've missed....and I dont rely on tiles
    neo158 likes this.
    01-14-2015 09:00 PM
    I'd advise you to read my comment again. I said not a single one of the things you apparently think I did.
    01-14-2015 09:55 PM
    Looks way too much like iOS. No go sorry. Careful, you may receive litigation from apple :P
    gpobernardo likes this.
    01-15-2015 01:22 AM
    The design concept doesn't look as sleek as the preview builds we are currently seeing in desktops... it may be a start for a concept, but I'm afraid the design is far from what we will be seeing. Thanks for the creativity, but I'm not for it.
    01-15-2015 06:55 AM
    Must admit till now this one is one of better concepts for WP10... Even though it has potential, since MS said 10 platform will be unifying on all platforms, by the look of the Windows 10 I dont expect radical UI and overal concept change in WP (even WP could use some changes).

But this is one of better concepts. Great work.
    01-15-2015 07:12 AM
    I'd advise you to read my comment again. I said not a single one of the things you apparently think I did.
    I read it thoroughly before replying, you stated that the action centre was "useless redundancy". Maybe before you reply to my post you should have re read what you posted first.
    01-15-2015 07:27 AM
    No thanks. Thanks for your efforts. But no. Outright as ugly as Android and as bland as iOS.
    dKp1977 likes this.
    01-15-2015 07:42 AM
    and I will call it.........tentenenen!...... iOWindroids!!!
    01-15-2015 07:47 AM
    Interesting concept. I like it, but those gaps are way, way too huge between the tiles. Also, I think having labelled pivots would be better than the generic circle icons at the bottom. The rest is pretty nice though.
    01-15-2015 07:57 AM
    My concept is better

handphone1.jpg
    01-15-2015 10:20 AM
    I read it thoroughly before replying, you stated that the action centre was "useless redundancy". Maybe before you reply to my post you should have re read what you posted first.
    C'mon Neo, you're better than that. I'll chalk this up to you having had a bad week or something.

Here is one of my statements with your response:
    The notifications in the action centre are, to at least 90%, useless redundancy.
    I really do wonder if the 90% of Windows Phone users that you claim to find it redundant pin every single app...
    It should be obvious that "90% of received notifications" and "90% of WP users" is something completely different. Again, I didn't say what you seem to think I said. To your question I would obviously answer: "no". Users do not pin every single app to the start screen, which is part of the reason why the notifications in the action centre are not 100% reudundant.

Here's another exchange:
    The only time notifications in the action centre are not redundant is when they include notifications for tiles that I have not pinned to the start screen or toasts that I missed.
    I disagree, the Action Centre is there to catch the notifications you miss by either not having your phone with you or not having the app pinned.
    Here we both stated the exact same thing, yet you're disagreeing with me. Again, I didn't say what you seem to think I said.

Can we move on now?
    gpobernardo likes this.
    01-15-2015 10:26 AM
    See it on my Behance...

https://www.behance.net/gallery/2246...Phones-concept

It focuses on the reinvention of the Live Tile and bringing better one handed use to the OS.
    Definitely interesting, but also looks a lot more confusing
    01-15-2015 11:50 AM
    Thanks for the wonderful and meh responses, everyone. I love discussing things with other adults of all maturity levels.

Anyway, check out Version B of the concepts at http://on.be.net/1uan63T if you'd like. Made a few refinements based on some feedback.
    01-15-2015 03:59 PM
    This is the best concept I have seen in this two month, great concept, I really hope look windows 10 si this concept
    stephen_victor likes this.
    01-15-2015 05:33 PM
    Thanks for the wonderful and meh responses, everyone. I love discussing things with other adults of all maturity levels.

Anyway, check out Version B of the concepts at http://on.be.net/1uan63T if you'd like. Made a few refinements based on some feedback.
    No, UX is still not as "tight" and "sleek", particularly the tile layout in the start screen.
    01-15-2015 06:41 PM
    Glancability was the greatest myth of the Windows 8 era. 30 minute refresh limits isn't the full story here either. I still see tweet notifications on my Twitter tile and Skype notifications that are days old, despite newer activity.
    You can't tell me something is a myth, when I use it and it works for me every day. I gave you two examples where MS' glancability concepts work perfectly for me. There are more. I agree that the live tile concept is not perfect and can be improved upon, but it's definitely not the big myth you're making it out to be either. Maybe you've deactivated background tasks for some of the apps that would otherwise surface more current content? Maybe some of the apps you've done your live tile experiments with were buggy? Maybe you've never used live tiles on WP and only ever seen them on Windows 8 (you seem to generally refer to Windows rather than WP)? Maybe you have a WP device, but you're just so accustomed to iOS, that most of your live tiles are set to the smallest tile size (like on your concept) and you do all your notification management exclusively over the action centre? I've seen that a few times, but obviously, such people aren't using WP as originally envisioned. They are just following habits acquired on iOS or Android, without exploring or coming to appreciate what WP could offer in addition to that. Consequentially, those people won't develop any attachments to WP specific start screen features. To me it seems that's where you are coming from.

I accept the Windows crowd thinks about information gathering in a way that's quite different than those who use iOS and Android, and it stands to reason people like the way the competition does it because a cleaner UI takes precedence over the minority's desire to have a Start screen that resembles a busy newspaper front page.
    edited:
    You're misunderstanding something here. Nobody wants their device to resemble a busy newspaper's front page, or I assume very few do. However, most of us here who like WP, like it for precisely those things it does different (and IMHO better) than iOS and Android. It's why most of us are here at all.

Almost everyone who likes WP likes at least the idea behind live tiles. Even if few apps implement the concept perfectly, we want live tiles. We also want real-time live tile updates, interactive live tiles, and exploding live tiles, etc... and there is no reason why design consistency necessitates giving up the live tile concept. It's possible to get both right.

WP8.1 was already a step in the right direction, but it didn't go far enough. The mockups made by Windows Phone Italy, who claim to have seen the actual W10M UI, would be another step in the right direction.

What I fear may still be missing is a mechanism that gives users more control over every tile's looks, rather than just the background. Those who really want full control over live tile visuals, have no choice but to replace the app's own live tiles with a 3rd party's dumb tile, which is an unacceptable trade off. That is something that may be worth exploring with concepts, and which MS has yet to address.
    Last edited by a5cent; 01-17-2015 at 08:36 AM. Reason: see edited
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    01-17-2015 05:46 AM
    This concept looks like an Android phone, so why not buy directly android?
    gEtApATaLkEd
    01-18-2015 04:14 AM
49 12