01-19-2015 06:01 PM
72 123
tools
    i can agree with you if it's gone a little too far, but it's about just possibilities and options. You don't like it? you can easily disable it or don't use it
    Don't be downhearted, it's an awesome concept!
    01-17-2015 04:50 PM
    Thanks for your hard work, but looks like Android.... Not for me I'm afraid...

Hopefully MS doesn't stray too far from 8.1 with the design....
    01-17-2015 05:26 PM
    Not my cup of tea. Too much wasted space, overly complex and a lot of ease of use is lost if I look at this video. I would not appreciate MS going this direction. Does not fit with the path they've chosen so far.

Anyway, to each their own and the presentation of your concept is great :).
    01-17-2015 09:17 PM
    Not my cup of tea. Too much wasted space, overly complex and a lot of ease of use is lost if I look at this video. I would not appreciate MS going this direction. Does not fit with the path they've chosen so far.

Anyway, to each their own and the presentation of your concept is great :).
    Same thoughts here, way too complex
    01-17-2015 09:24 PM
    Why every concept has to have an Android or iOS touch to it? I like Windows Phone as it is and that's the reason I bought it. I like how Windows Phone does everything differently compare to other OS. Seriously, if I wanted somthing that looks like iOS or Android, I would get that very phone and not a Windows Phone instead for making a concept. Don't really get me wrong OP, but your concept is a shift in the wrong side from Metro. Though, I appreciate your efforts!
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    01-17-2015 09:33 PM
    Why every concept has to have an Android or iOS touch to it? I like Windows Phone as it is and that's the reason I bought it. I like how Windows Phone does everything differently compare to other OS. Seriously, if I wanted somthing that looks like iOS or Android, I would get that very phone and not a Windows Phone instead for making a concept. Don't really get me wrong OP, but your concept is a shift in the wrong side from Metro. Though, I appreciate your efforts!
    At first look I was impressed by the presentation and serious effort. After giving it additional considered thought, I am seriously impressed with the effort and the luscious (eye candy) presentation, but have realized it is too much google design graphics. I do like the MODERN DESIGN aspects and the further development / evolution of the charms along the right vertical edge, just as in the TubeCast app. Please, let's avoid the google and apple "look". Let's not copy them. (Especially, avoid copycatting the vanilla hamburger menu concept.).
    white_Shadoww likes this.
    01-17-2015 10:17 PM
    At first look I was impressed by the presentation and serious effort. After giving it additional considered thought, I am seriously impressed with the effort and the luscious (eye candy) presentation, but have realized it is too much google design graphics. I do like the MODERN DESIGN aspects and the further development / evolution of the charms along the right vertical edge, just as in the TubeCast app. Please, let's avoid the google and apple "look". Let's not copy them. (Especially, avoid copycatting the vanilla hamburger menu concept.).

My thoughts exactly. Thank you!
    01-17-2015 10:19 PM
    Depressing. Not that the video wasn't cool. But because what we get in Windows x won't resemble anything close to this. It'll be nice, but not this.
    SamJHannan likes this.
    01-18-2015 12:16 AM
    Good work, Sam. I like a lot of the ideas you presented.
    samkurd likes this.
    01-18-2015 12:34 AM
    Good work Sam..expecting same from Microsoft as well
    samkurd likes this.
    01-18-2015 01:01 AM
    I saw the comments that were talking about being droidish or even IOSish ... after all it's point of view ... I know as a geek that not all the people likes the complex design and also control over OS and phone ... but let's say I like it, and need such those choices , it's about choice ... the left to right scroll have been always a big question for me ... why not?

so why just don't give the people the choice , if they like it, use it.
    for example :
    1- The charm bar and OneNote Bar there , every time I want turn my flashlight on wp tooks over 5-6 seconds ... my friends don't, even when they try to take a note!! I need my stuff to be ready for me anytime I want even when i'm playing a game.
    Also oneNote is one of powerful apps via Microsoft, so what should I do when I need a quick access ? so the question is WHY NOT?
    I agree it's somehow the original Blackberry HUB ... but guys they used our ideas, why not us? do all people just wants a simple OS? I don't. I Pushed that Hub ( and notice that charm bar was also there since win8 ) one step ahead ...

2- Start Menu : I changed the orientations, seems Droidish .. but actually it had a reason .. we are going to have a One Windows, right? so why not having synced wallpapers? why not being able to use same Wallapers and also orientations that we use in our desktop version of OS ..

3- And I like your comments, tnx.. it makes me better since this is my first ever experience in UI design ..
    01-18-2015 02:41 AM
    I saw the comments that were talking about being droidish or even IOSish ... after all it's point of view ... I know as a geek that not all the people likes the complex design and also control over OS and phone ... but let's say I like it, and need such those choices , it's about choice ... the left to right scroll have been always a big question for me ... why not?

so why just don't give the people the choice , if they like it, use it.
    for example :
    1- The charm bar and OneNote Bar there , every time I want turn my flashlight on wp tooks over 5-6 seconds ... my friends don't, even when they try to take a note!! I need my stuff to be ready for me anytime I want even when i'm playing a game.
    Also oneNote is one of powerful apps via Microsoft, so what should I do when I need a quick access ? so the question is WHY NOT?
    I agree it's somehow the original Blackberry HUB ... but guys they used our ideas, why not us? do all people just wants a simple OS? I don't. I Pushed that Hub ( and notice that charm bar was also there since win8 ) one step ahead ...

2- Start Menu : I changed the orientations, seems Droidish .. but actually it had a reason .. we are going to have a One Windows, right? so why not having synced wallpapers? why not being able to use same Wallapers and also orientations that we use in our desktop version of OS ..

3- And I like your comments, tnx.. it makes me better since this is my first ever experience in UI design ..
    1. You can pin your flashlight app and OneNote app to the start screen. I don't see how it takes 5-6 seconds when you have pinned these things?

2. Well, the screen of tablets and laptops is horizontally wider hence the horizontal rotation. Phones are vertical hence the vertical rotation. Also, if you make start screen horizontal, how are you going to access app list?

3. Thanks that you took my comment in a positive way. I appreciate that very much.

But, the problem with being iOSish or Androidish is that if I want my OS to look like that I would buy 'THAT' phone and not Windows Phone. I liked some of your concepts, like charms, but it would confuse people as many apps are pivotal using horizontal swipes. I know it can be solved with a off display swipe, where if you swipe from the edge of the display, charms will pop up and swipes starting from middle of the display will change the pivot. But again this will confuse users, and people already say WP is difficult OS to navigate, and it would only add to that. And again.. ohh I have a lot to say but I'm tired of writing. Well, Thank you for trying to make WP a better OS. thanks for the loyalty to the platform. :) And I hope MS does whatever it wants to do within the Metro guidelines, and not copying other OS.
    01-18-2015 03:47 AM
    It looks good actually. Maybe a little clone of windows 10 design would be better.
    01-18-2015 03:55 AM
    However, I like options. As long as I can keep my UI as it is now in 8.1, I don't mind your concept.
    01-18-2015 04:07 AM
    The lockscreen is super awesome. And I liked the extended functionality of the live tiles. But those multiple homescreens and tons of gestures make it too much Droid-ish and overly complex for me.
    I feel the same, too much androish in this concept.
    dKp1977 likes this.
    01-18-2015 04:53 AM
    Cluttered and ugly. Sorry
    01-18-2015 05:23 AM
    I like it Sam, Top 5 WP10/WM10 concepts I have seen, IMO.
    samkurd likes this.
    01-18-2015 05:26 AM
    I like the notification center.. Nice 1
    samkurd likes this.
    01-18-2015 06:03 AM
    I like the concept, especially lockscreen. Maybe camera button should not be there because Windows Phone devices have dedicated camera button. Good job :)
    01-18-2015 07:28 AM
    That's great,the way Microsoft would do it....if they weren't so busy trying to dumb us down
    01-18-2015 07:47 AM
    So far the best w10 concept yet .....any one else says they don't like it .........post something better!!
    01-18-2015 08:01 AM
    So far the best w10 concept yet .....any one else says they don't like it .........post something better!!

So I am only allowed to have an opinion about something if I can do it better? You should rethink your stance.
    01-18-2015 08:16 AM
    سم کارت عالی بود.حتما حتما اینو به دست مایکروسافت برسون
    samkurd likes this.
    01-18-2015 08:35 AM
    So I am only allowed to have an opinion about something if I can do it better? You should rethink your stance.
    No you can have an opinion. I'm just saying im not going to knock the concept .....i couldn't come up with anything better to be honest . So take it as you like , if one doesn't like it ......lets see what you got that's all:)
    samkurd likes this.
    01-18-2015 08:39 AM
    No you can have an opinion. I'm just saying im not going to knock the concept .....i couldn't come up with anything better to be honest . So take it as you like , if one doesn't like it ......lets see what you got that's all:)

I'm far from able to come up with a good concept. And tbh, I wouldn't want to waste my time with it, even if I could. MS doesn't really care about any concepts, regardless how great they are.
    This concept here has a lot going for it, no doubt. But it's always in the eye of the beholder, if it's great or not. What I like isn't necessarily what you like.
    I think those who create concepts and put a lot of time and work in it are very interested in what others like and dislike about it.

There's of course a difference between pointing out what someone dislikes and being like "that sucks". In this case I wholeheartedly agree with you. :)
    01-18-2015 08:45 AM
72 123