Windows Phone 10 - Sam's Concept

samkurd

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
YouTube.com/watch?v=er283GMyFp8

This is SAM , An Architect , CG Artist and a crazy Technology Geek , which just couldn't wait for 21th January and #nextchapter conference and started to Design the UI for OS on its own. This Concept Design is what SAM likes and needs in Windows Phone , and let's just dream that the real OS will be something like this or even much better, so let's see what's SAM's Concept for Windows Phone 10 ( or Windows mobile 10 )

This Project designed and demoed during nights in my free time, took some months, including designing a Surface Phone, and is my first experience in designing UI and also first touch of AE . So i'm quiet sure there will be some mistakes and maybe forgotten things, But I did my best in designing a full detailed OS that I loved and tried to show it to you guys. Hope you like it.

I'd love to see your comment guys ...

This is my twitter account:
twitter.com/samkurd

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
First of all, congrats on your first post :D

Your link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er283GMyFp8

And I have to say, I like the charm bar idea! The notification center, new volume slider that pulls down to show you the current playing file and the quick access toolbar at the bottom are all awesome ideas :/ If those come with w10, then MS can just take my money :p

Marc43

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
MS...for the sake of the platform...hire this guy. More inspirational design in this one post then all the updates your team of design engineers have come up with to date...seriously

samkurd

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
tnx ven07 ... so good to hear that, and i'm happy you noticed many details I tried to put in OS nicely ... and i'm sure still can be better
let's hope Microsoft takes our money ;)

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The lockscreen is super awesome. And I liked the extended functionality of the live tiles. But those multiple homescreens and tons of gestures make it too much Droid-ish and overly complex for me.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
But those multiple homescreens and tons of gestures make it too much Droid-ish and overly complex for me

That was my fist thought as well, but I can see the possibilities of it. MS could potentially just add the option to settings and leave it up to the users to decide if they want to use it or not (kinda like what they did with the extra tiles). I like to sort my things and having separate screens for different things would be one way to do it. The current folder implementation does work for me tho

PratikMade

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Double like!!
This would be awesome if it comes true. And yah running Catia and Autocad on mobile that would be dream come true!!

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Double like!!
This would be awesome if it comes true. And yah running Catia and Autocad on mobile that would be dream come true!!

That's not gonna happen though. At least not as long as their respective dev teams don't release an RT version of their application. Phones are still ARM based, while the applications shown in the video are regular desktop application, hence Win32, which requires a regular x86 architecture.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
That Cortana tile needs to be more bigger, hahaha!. Wonder if Lumia story teller could be used as a live wallpaper or at least pose the idea for it to be.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I like the charms sliding out from the right side. I would add the option of having them be able to slide a little bit further to show the names of each charm, as they do in the TubeCast app.

Very nice ideas and presentation. May I ask what tools you used?

- Licensed Architect, USA.

samkurd

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I like the charms sliding out from the right side. I would add the option of having them be able to slide a little bit further to show the names of each charm, as they do in the TubeCast app.

nice idea, tnx ;)

samkurd

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
sorry man I just didn't notice the last part of your message ... I did this project with after effects and actually I learned AE by doing this project ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte