Windows Phone 10 - Sam's Concept

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I never say this, but wow, amazing job! This is EXACTLY what I want from Windows 10! Literally perfection in my eyes. The perfect balance of Windows, Android (yeah, I went there, lol), and a small dash of WM 6.5.x.

Really good work all around with the vid and concept.

samkurd

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I never say this, but wow, amazing job! This is EXACTLY what I want from Windows 10! Literally perfection in my eyes. The perfect balance of Windows, Android (yeah, I went there, lol), and a small dash of WM 6.5.x.

Really good work all around with the vid and concept.

you just can't imagine how happy i'm seeing your comment, i didn't do anything but creating the OS that i love and i need ... tnx for your comment

smoheath

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand the reason for a lock screen to have so much functionality as shown in this concept. If I wanted to read an email or check Facebook, I'd just unlock the dang phone. It takes literally 2 seconds to get to anything on your phone. I understand seeing the time, weather and maybe a text on the lock screen. But in my opinion, a lock screen should be for looking not doing.

SamJHannan

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand the reason for a lock screen to have so much functionality as shown in this concept. If I wanted to read an email or check Facebook, I'd just unlock the dang phone. It takes literally 2 seconds to get to anything on your phone. I understand seeing the time, weather and maybe a text on the lock screen. But in my opinion, a lock screen should be for looking not doing.

Potential privacy issues too!

samkurd

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site

i can agree with you if it's gone a little too far, but it's about just possibilities and options. You don't like it? you can easily disable it or don't use it

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your hard work, but looks like Android.... Not for me I'm afraid...

Hopefully MS doesn't stray too far from 8.1 with the design....

anon(5841099)

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Not my cup of tea. Too much wasted space, overly complex and a lot of ease of use is lost if I look at this video. I would not appreciate MS going this direction. Does not fit with the path they've chosen so far.

Anyway, to each their own and the presentation of your concept is great :).

DHHSMichael

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Not my cup of tea. Too much wasted space, overly complex and a lot of ease of use is lost if I look at this video. I would not appreciate MS going this direction. Does not fit with the path they've chosen so far.

Anyway, to each their own and the presentation of your concept is great :).

Same thoughts here, way too complex

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Why every concept has to have an Android or iOS touch to it? I like Windows Phone as it is and that's the reason I bought it. I like how Windows Phone does everything differently compare to other OS. Seriously, if I wanted somthing that looks like iOS or Android, I would get that very phone and not a Windows Phone instead for making a concept. Don't really get me wrong OP, but your concept is a shift in the wrong side from Metro. Though, I appreciate your efforts!

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Why every concept has to have an Android or iOS touch to it? I like Windows Phone as it is and that's the reason I bought it. I like how Windows Phone does everything differently compare to other OS. Seriously, if I wanted somthing that looks like iOS or Android, I would get that very phone and not a Windows Phone instead for making a concept. Don't really get me wrong OP, but your concept is a shift in the wrong side from Metro. Though, I appreciate your efforts!
At first look I was impressed by the presentation and serious effort. After giving it additional considered thought, I am seriously impressed with the effort and the luscious (eye candy) presentation, but have realized it is too much google design graphics. I do like the MODERN DESIGN aspects and the further development / evolution of the charms along the right vertical edge, just as in the TubeCast app. Please, let's avoid the google and apple "look". Let's not copy them. (Especially, avoid copycatting the vanilla hamburger menu concept.).

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
At first look I was impressed by the presentation and serious effort. After giving it additional considered thought, I am seriously impressed with the effort and the luscious (eye candy) presentation, but have realized it is too much google design graphics. I do like the MODERN DESIGN aspects and the further development / evolution of the charms along the right vertical edge, just as in the TubeCast app. Please, let's avoid the google and apple "look". Let's not copy them. (Especially, avoid copycatting the vanilla hamburger menu concept.).

My thoughts exactly. Thank you!

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Depressing. Not that the video wasn't cool. But because what we get in Windows x won't resemble anything close to this. It'll be nice, but not this.

samkurd

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I saw the comments that were talking about being droidish or even IOSish ... after all it's point of view ... I know as a geek that not all the people likes the complex design and also control over OS and phone ... but let's say I like it, and need such those choices , it's about choice ... the left to right scroll have been always a big question for me ... why not?

so why just don't give the people the choice , if they like it, use it.
for example :
1- The charm bar and OneNote Bar there , every time I want turn my flashlight on wp tooks over 5-6 seconds ... my friends don't, even when they try to take a note!! I need my stuff to be ready for me anytime I want even when i'm playing a game.
Also oneNote is one of powerful apps via Microsoft, so what should I do when I need a quick access ? so the question is WHY NOT?
I agree it's somehow the original Blackberry HUB ... but guys they used our ideas, why not us? do all people just wants a simple OS? I don't. I Pushed that Hub ( and notice that charm bar was also there since win8 ) one step ahead ...

2- Start Menu : I changed the orientations, seems Droidish .. but actually it had a reason .. we are going to have a One Windows, right? so why not having synced wallpapers? why not being able to use same Wallapers and also orientations that we use in our desktop version of OS ..

3- And I like your comments, tnx.. it makes me better since this is my first ever experience in UI design ..

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I saw the comments that were talking about being droidish or even IOSish ... after all it's point of view ... I know as a geek that not all the people likes the complex design and also control over OS and phone ... but let's say I like it, and need such those choices , it's about choice ... the left to right scroll have been always a big question for me ... why not?

so why just don't give the people the choice , if they like it, use it.
for example :
1- The charm bar and OneNote Bar there , every time I want turn my flashlight on wp tooks over 5-6 seconds ... my friends don't, even when they try to take a note!! I need my stuff to be ready for me anytime I want even when i'm playing a game.
Also oneNote is one of powerful apps via Microsoft, so what should I do when I need a quick access ? so the question is WHY NOT?
I agree it's somehow the original Blackberry HUB ... but guys they used our ideas, why not us? do all people just wants a simple OS? I don't. I Pushed that Hub ( and notice that charm bar was also there since win8 ) one step ahead ...

2- Start Menu : I changed the orientations, seems Droidish .. but actually it had a reason .. we are going to have a One Windows, right? so why not having synced wallpapers? why not being able to use same Wallapers and also orientations that we use in our desktop version of OS ..

3- And I like your comments, tnx.. it makes me better since this is my first ever experience in UI design ..

1. You can pin your flashlight app and OneNote app to the start screen. I don't see how it takes 5-6 seconds when you have pinned these things?

2. Well, the screen of tablets and laptops is horizontally wider hence the horizontal rotation. Phones are vertical hence the vertical rotation. Also, if you make start screen horizontal, how are you going to access app list?

3. Thanks that you took my comment in a positive way. I appreciate that very much.

But, the problem with being iOSish or Androidish is that if I want my OS to look like that I would buy 'THAT' phone and not Windows Phone. I liked some of your concepts, like charms, but it would confuse people as many apps are pivotal using horizontal swipes. I know it can be solved with a off display swipe, where if you swipe from the edge of the display, charms will pop up and swipes starting from middle of the display will change the pivot. But again this will confuse users, and people already say WP is difficult OS to navigate, and it would only add to that. And again.. ohh I have a lot to say but I'm tired of writing. Well, Thank you for trying to make WP a better OS. thanks for the loyalty to the platform. :) And I hope MS does whatever it wants to do within the Metro guidelines, and not copying other OS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes