Windows Phone 10 - Sam's Concept

9112Fisher

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I like the concept, especially lockscreen. Maybe camera button should not be there because Windows Phone devices have dedicated camera button. Good job :)

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
So I am only allowed to have an opinion about something if I can do it better? You should rethink your stance.

No you can have an opinion. I'm just saying im not going to knock the concept .....i couldn't come up with anything better to be honest . So take it as you like , if one doesn't like it ......lets see what you got that's all:)

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
No you can have an opinion. I'm just saying im not going to knock the concept .....i couldn't come up with anything better to be honest . So take it as you like , if one doesn't like it ......lets see what you got that's all:)

I'm far from able to come up with a good concept. And tbh, I wouldn't want to waste my time with it, even if I could. MS doesn't really care about any concepts, regardless how great they are.
This concept here has a lot going for it, no doubt. But it's always in the eye of the beholder, if it's great or not. What I like isn't necessarily what you like.
I think those who create concepts and put a lot of time and work in it are very interested in what others like and dislike about it.

There's of course a difference between pointing out what someone dislikes and being like "that sucks". In this case I wholeheartedly agree with you. :)

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm far from able to come up with a good concept. And tbh, I wouldn't want to waste my time with it, even if I could. MS doesn't really care about any concepts, regardless how great they are.
This concept here has a lot going for it, no doubt. But it's always in the eye of the beholder, if it's great or not. What I like isn't necessarily what you like.
I think those who create concepts and put a lot of time and work in it are very interested in what others like and dislike about it.

There's of course a difference between pointing out what someone dislikes and being like "that sucks". In this case I wholeheartedly agree with you. :)
You got my point 10000000% many on here just come out with" oh that looks ugly" or " that's suck....what else you got" ...so annoying. I don't like some thing about it but as a whole I like it and generally don't have much negatives to say about it!
Were cool dude!!

audi360

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Saw your video first on Winphone and I loved it unlike many other concept arts of the next windows phone I saw. A little complicated, but still awesome.

samkurd

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
1. You can pin your flashlight app and OneNote app to the start screen. I don't see how it takes 5-6 seconds when you have pinned these things?

2. Well, the screen of tablets and laptops is horizontally wider hence the horizontal rotation. Phones are vertical hence the vertical rotation. Also, if you make start screen horizontal, how are you going to access app list?

3. Thanks that you took my comment in a positive way. I appreciate that very much.

But, the problem with being iOSish or Androidish is that if I want my OS to look like that I would buy 'THAT' phone and not Windows Phone. I liked some of your concepts, like charms, but it would confuse people as many apps are pivotal using horizontal swipes. I know it can be solved with a off display swipe, where if you swipe from the edge of the display, charms will pop up and swipes starting from middle of the display will change the pivot. But again this will confuse users, and people already say WP is difficult OS to navigate, and it would only add to that. And again.. ohh I have a lot to say but I'm tired of writing. Well, Thank you for trying to make WP a better OS. thanks for the loyalty to the platform. :) And I hope MS does whatever it wants to do within the Metro guidelines, and not copying other OS.

oh my ... we always do it , pinning apps to start menu , but how many? both the charm bar and start menu can have their separate meanings , and really I don't understand why you want to take it from me? you don't like it, right? don't use it ... I do like and I do use for sake of the people who liked

dude, it's just our point of view ... u may see the droidish taste, or IOSish ... but I personally as a one sinle human being as Sam Kurd, I got right to ask for a full strong OS on my phone as I do on my desktop ... so you say it's like android don't do that, I say it's android, I make it better and will use it

and again thanks for your comment

samkurd

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
You got my point 10000000% many on here just come out with" oh that looks ugly" or " that's suck....what else you got" ...so annoying. I don't like some thing about it but as a whole I like it and generally don't have much negatives to say about it!
Were cool dude!!
I wish I could give you a medal ;) tnx btw

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Here's my two cents on the concept.

Lock Screen, by all means, maybe add a couple arrows to clarify that you can move the different aspects to show more info, but besides that, it's great.

Home screen however, I'd keep with the vertical scrolling that is in the current Windows Phone OS (it's just something that makes Windows Phone different from iOS and Android heh). So what I have in mind is that Page 1 is your home screen, can go up and down as much as you want, but keep how the tiles have their own functionality that you've placed (oh, Windows Central would definitely use that feature I bet). Page 2 will be the full list of apps (have a list of commonly used at the top). Page 3, heck, I like how you did the System Info. To bring it all together, put an arrow on the top right so users will know that there's another page.

After that, you get into some neat features that I do hope will come to the OS, no matter what. :D

Even with my list of a couple changes, I do believe your concept is one of the best out there, so nice job Sam Kurd. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss