01-19-2015 07:01 PM
72 123
tools
    YouTube.com/watch?v=er283GMyFp8

This is SAM , An Architect , CG Artist and a crazy Technology Geek , which just couldn't wait for 21th January and #nextchapter conference and started to Design the UI for OS on its own. This Concept Design is what SAM likes and needs in Windows Phone , and let's just dream that the real OS will be something like this or even much better, so let's see what's SAM's Concept for Windows Phone 10 ( or Windows mobile 10 )

This Project designed and demoed during nights in my free time, took some months, including designing a Surface Phone, and is my first experience in designing UI and also first touch of AE . So i'm quiet sure there will be some mistakes and maybe forgotten things, But I did my best in designing a full detailed OS that I loved and tried to show it to you guys. Hope you like it.

I'd love to see your comment guys ...

This is my twitter account:
    twitter.com/samkurd
    01-17-2015 08:45 AM
    First of all, congrats on your first post :D

Your link:

And I have to say, I like the charm bar idea! The notification center, new volume slider that pulls down to show you the current playing file and the quick access toolbar at the bottom are all awesome ideas :/ If those come with w10, then MS can just take my money :P
    01-17-2015 09:30 AM
    Beautiful, but why so much unused space on start screen?
    01-17-2015 09:40 AM
    MS...for the sake of the platform...hire this guy. More inspirational design in this one post then all the updates your team of design engineers have come up with to date...seriously
    01-17-2015 09:49 AM
    tnx ven07 ... so good to hear that, and i'm happy you noticed many details I tried to put in OS nicely ... and i'm sure still can be better
    let's hope Microsoft takes our money ;)
    ven07 and Kevin Rush like this.
    01-17-2015 09:49 AM
    I just tried to have a smaller and cleaner start menu ... so that u can concentrate more
    ven07 likes this.
    01-17-2015 09:50 AM
    let's hope that marc43 ;)
    01-17-2015 09:51 AM
    Thanks ven, i like the concept.
    samkurd likes this.
    01-17-2015 10:03 AM
    i like the lockscreen... there are almost everything you need. good work.
    ven07, Kevin Rush, Sonu K and 1 others like this.
    01-17-2015 10:08 AM
    The lockscreen is super awesome. And I liked the extended functionality of the live tiles. But those multiple homescreens and tons of gestures make it too much Droid-ish and overly complex for me.
    01-17-2015 10:10 AM
    But those multiple homescreens and tons of gestures make it too much Droid-ish and overly complex for me
    That was my fist thought as well, but I can see the possibilities of it. MS could potentially just add the option to settings and leave it up to the users to decide if they want to use it or not (kinda like what they did with the extra tiles). I like to sort my things and having separate screens for different things would be one way to do it. The current folder implementation does work for me tho
    samkurd likes this.
    01-17-2015 10:19 AM
    Double like!!
    This would be awesome if it comes true. And yah running Catia and Autocad on mobile that would be dream come true!!
    samkurd likes this.
    01-17-2015 10:25 AM
    Double like!!
    This would be awesome if it comes true. And yah running Catia and Autocad on mobile that would be dream come true!!
    That's not gonna happen though. At least not as long as their respective dev teams don't release an RT version of their application. Phones are still ARM based, while the applications shown in the video are regular desktop application, hence Win32, which requires a regular x86 architecture.
    samkurd likes this.
    01-17-2015 10:29 AM
    That Cortana tile needs to be more bigger, hahaha!. Wonder if Lumia story teller could be used as a live wallpaper or at least pose the idea for it to be.
    samkurd likes this.
    01-17-2015 10:37 AM
    Bit too droidish, appreciate the effort though.
    Funny how windows phone tends to have the most optimistic and loyal fan base.
    Kevin Rush and samkurd like this.
    01-17-2015 10:49 AM
    I like the charms sliding out from the right side. I would add the option of having them be able to slide a little bit further to show the names of each charm, as they do in the TubeCast app.

Very nice ideas and presentation. May I ask what tools you used?

- Licensed Architect, USA.
    samkurd likes this.
    01-17-2015 10:50 AM
    lockscreen is so beautiful
    01-17-2015 11:06 AM
    you guys know how can we tell windowscentral to publish on the website?
    01-17-2015 11:23 AM
    I like the charms sliding out from the right side. I would add the option of having them be able to slide a little bit further to show the names of each charm, as they do in the TubeCast app.

nice idea, tnx ;)
    01-17-2015 11:25 AM
    sorry man I just didn't notice the last part of your message ... I did this project with after effects and actually I learned AE by doing this project ;)

01-17-2015 01:28 PM
    I never say this, but wow, amazing job! This is EXACTLY what I want from Windows 10! Literally perfection in my eyes. The perfect balance of Windows, Android (yeah, I went there, lol), and a small dash of WM 6.5.x.

Really good work all around with the vid and concept.
    samkurd likes this.
    01-17-2015 01:49 PM
    I never say this, but wow, amazing job! This is EXACTLY what I want from Windows 10! Literally perfection in my eyes. The perfect balance of Windows, Android (yeah, I went there, lol), and a small dash of WM 6.5.x.

Really good work all around with the vid and concept.
    you just can't imagine how happy i'm seeing your comment, i didn't do anything but creating the OS that i love and i need ... tnx for your comment
    Jonnie LasVegas likes this.
    01-17-2015 02:50 PM
    I don't understand the reason for a lock screen to have so much functionality as shown in this concept. If I wanted to read an email or check Facebook, I'd just unlock the dang phone. It takes literally 2 seconds to get to anything on your phone. I understand seeing the time, weather and maybe a text on the lock screen. But in my opinion, a lock screen should be for looking not doing.
    01-17-2015 04:33 PM
    I don't understand the reason for a lock screen to have so much functionality as shown in this concept. If I wanted to read an email or check Facebook, I'd just unlock the dang phone. It takes literally 2 seconds to get to anything on your phone. I understand seeing the time, weather and maybe a text on the lock screen. But in my opinion, a lock screen should be for looking not doing.
    Potential privacy issues too!
    01-17-2015 04:34 PM
    i can agree with you if it's gone a little too far, but it's about just possibilities and options. You don't like it? you can easily disable it or don't use it
    01-17-2015 04:54 PM
72 123