Exactly which app does the Windows Phone not have that you want/need?

3acres

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
As the thread title asks: exactly which app does the Windows Phone not have that you want/need?

The motivation for this thread:
  1. I am new to Windows Store development and would like to start creating Windows/Windows Phone OS apps.
  2. I am willing to make free apps to build up my knowledge of Windows app development.
  3. In order to fulfill any void of apps on Windows/Windows Phone OS, I am willing to make apps that a lot of people use on Android/iOS or for businesses.*
  4. And I would think it is natural that I or anyone would be more motivated to make an app that people will actually like and find useful.**
*I think that making apps for well known companies or any business is a tricky area so it would have to be with a business's consent. Maybe even the business will allow me to build them an official app or better yet they may have an API or some sort of integration to work with.
**Sorry, at the moment, I don't have any motivation to make game apps. Maybe one day.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
From what I've experienced using Android and WP, most of my issues come with the quality of the existing first-party apps that are currently in the WP Store, not necessarily whether the app actually exists or not. Having said that, I'd ready like to see apps for Regions Bank and WalMart. All other issues I have with WP are purely app quality related. Good luck with your developing. :)

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
From what I've experienced using Android and WP, most of my issues come with the quality of the existing first-party apps that are currently in the WP Store, not necessarily whether the app actually exists or not. Having said that, I'd ready like to see apps for Regions Bank and WalMart. All other issues I have with WP are purely app quality related. Good luck with your developing. :)

I could write this exactly! My biggest gripe is the quality of WP's apps. Few are missing that I would use, but the usability of existing apps are a bigger problem, for me at least.

Rolandh

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
First Party Google Plus, Google Hangouts & YouTube. These three missing First Party apps drove me from Windows Phone to iPhone. But since I've started powering up my Lumia 925 and playing with it without a Sim it's nice to see that Candy Crush Saga & BBM have come to Windows Phone.

Roland

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Fully functional YouTube downloader to download 1080p videos directly to SD card, which can be transferred to PC or an other device

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Just Nyan Cat in Space. I got all the apps I could possibly want and more with windows phone. ^-^

Although a perfect weather app would be nice. Transparent live tile, live radar, weather data from wunderground or Accuweather, severe weather alerts, and a beautiful design like Appy weather.

Daniel Olsen

May 3, 2013
Visit site
A web browser with chrome cast and apple tv integration, a media player with chrome cast and apple tv integration (don't say AVcast cause that sucks), snapchat, and google hangouts.

Those are the apps I would like to see, but more so i would like to see first party app developers who actually care, and update at the same time as IOS and Android.

oshintao

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
There are already apps for that -double facepalm-

You would make my day before going to work if you let me know which app is that one?
Bc the apps that I have, download but not to my SD or Phone memory. (get the all, metrotube,tubepro). ;)

Going back to the thread IMO iI would like to see a :
-Walmart app
-Starbucks (on the phone,no band)
-Snap chat

Always its good to hear of someone its interested on develop.
Thanks and good luck!!!

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Not sure why people need google soo much outside of search engine at best. Office > Docs. Skype > Hangouts. Outlook > Gmail. myTube/Tubecast > YouTube. Only one I think may be useful for a time is Google Maps. But sooner or later MS will get there or eventually be better than Gmaps. So just give it time. ^-^

3acres

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
So have you heard of Miracast? Lumia 1520, 930, and 929 will support miracast with denim. Or from your experience what does chromecast do better than Miracast?

.chm, that is interesting, I am curious why you would view .chm files on a phone?

I don't think Snapchat is to friendly with Windows developers from some of the articles I've read. I think the only way snapchat will be available is if it were done by snapchat themselves.

Which leads into my thought that these businesses like snapchat, WalMart, and Starbucks have surely already looked at the Windows phone market and bypassed it. The reason I think this is because if they wanted to, they would have already hired Windows phone developers to develop their own Windows app from within their company or hired a software company on their own. I don't think they would let a third party developer make an official app for them.

The ibend app seems doable. I may look into that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb