Apps that deserve more awareness

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Start Perfect, has the most features of any tile maker app, and includes custom tiles, settings tiles, special extra tiles, and able to make custom wallpapers with geometric shapes. It's like 3 apps in one easy.

Keith Brooks

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I tried and like Keep 8.1. I also have one to add to the list OneStart/OneStart Pro has more options in it than either WP 8 or WP 8.1 for start screen tile colors. The Pro version has the ability to add various designs to the tiles image. It also has dual color tiles etc. Definitely worth a look at.

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Temp Contacts

It's been around for awhile and it's on my Start screen and in constant static use. It integrates with the People hub to store a separate list of contacts. Works basically like a folder for People Hub/Contacts. Only negative is you have to edit through People Hub.

Features:
- Add contacts(business or otherwise) that are temporary in nature for easy finding/deletion
- Add map location of each contact
- Integrates with People Hub
- import/export info to OneDrive for backup purposes (.vcf file/VCard file)

Benefits:
- Able to filter out from visibility in People Hub, so business/store/service/neighbors etc contacts are not mixed with social media(Facebook/personal) contacts. You could inverse this scenerio of course.
- Add numbers desired to be blocked(w/silent ring) to a temp contact and never even see them in Peoples Hub.
- Able to import/export contact info for backup in OneDrive
- Even if filtered out from People Hub, incoming call will show name/number of contact
- Able to add map loc for contact and get directions w/o leaving app...perfect for store/service/business contacts.

Like I said the best thing is that it allows the separation of your important personal contacts from professional or temporary service type contacts....and thereby keep your People live tile pertinent and concise....and your visual search through the People Hub contact list quicker and easier. You basically are filtering out the clutter that is used less often or for special purposes.

And few know/use this app....now you do.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Still my favorite, This Or That. The perfect time waster triva game. Its been around since Windows Phone 7 and hasn't seen an update since that time but, it is probably one that doesn't need it.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Converge is also a great, simple news reader app. One of my favorites.
It has improved big time since I had it last installed. Yes it does deserve a broader view. I also like DailyAha. Its a news reader but it has a flip/pageturn visual that makes it special. It also a universal app. It is pretty nice.

poken1151

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've three apps I think are highly worth people times:
Two are mine (shameless plug, but it's useful) -> Who's Got My Stuff and Shopper Calc

And the third is a mandatory app I feel (especial;y if you're on WP and Windows) -> Kopy. I don't use it everyday, but when you do, it's like, "so easy!". it's essentially like chrome2phone for those who know it. But better. Including a standalone app, chrome/firefox extension and a web ui. It's by far a must install.

uberlaff

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
SoundGecko! It's a service that reads news articles to you.

The best part is the is a bookmarklet for IE or plugin for Chrome that lets take article you find on the web and listen to it from the SoundGecko app on your phone.

It works so well I'm surprised it is not more popular.

Anyway, it's free for the most part but there is a pay version of you end up using it a lot. I've never hit the limit on the free version.