1. mildor's Avatar
    I want a new earphones for my phone...

    here are my two options:
    Sony US

    The only difference is the price, the design and the "hz" range... so... I don't now, i like more the design of the cheaper ones, but 5 - 24,000 Hz of the more expensive ones must be better than just 8 - 22,000 Hz right?

    I don't know anything about sound, what can you tell me guys? better hz really woth those extra 10 bucks and an ugly design?
    01-25-2015 07:21 PM
  2. dysje's Avatar
    Well, better range (the 2nd) is obviously theoretically better. But you're in territory where most, 99%, can't hear it anyway and the other 1% is lying about it. It's also a territory where the valuable part of music is relatively far within those ranges anyway, otherwise it'd be too low a bass to be heard or too high a pitch to be remotely music-y.

    What you could say is that the quality of production on the higher ranged headset is overall better, creating a, basically, better product with better sound reproduction. The difference will be noticeable if you compare them. But we're talking about earphones for your phone, phones don't put out insane quality anyway and playback lossy mp3's and so on.

    Pick the cheaper one maybe because of that. The design suites you more and that's worth something.
    01-25-2015 07:37 PM
  3. 1101x10's Avatar
    The normal hearing rang for humans is stated at 20 to 20,000 Hz but you start losing the higher range as you age. Also depending on the bitrate compressed music (MP3 / M4A) might have the frequency's above16Khz attenuated.
    Brother777 likes this.
    01-25-2015 08:00 PM
  4. mildor's Avatar
    I think I'd go for the cheaper ones, I want to but the more expensive ones only because, you know, more expensive is better no?
    Hehe, but i'm not a musician >_< :P
    01-25-2015 08:18 PM

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-06-2015, 07:14 PM
  2. Is it possible to get a headphone boost?
    By adz63 in forum Windows Phones
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-26-2015, 11:47 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-25-2015, 04:18 PM