What do you expect with the Surface Pro 4?

saintforlife

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Will it come in two different sizes? Will it be thinner and lighter so that people can use it more like a tablet / iPad replacement? Any chance it comes with Intel's Skylake processors?

anseld1986

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping to see better battery life and lower temperatures - I'd love for the fan to run less frequently. Thinner would be nice, but the current thickness/ weight doesn't bother me. The battery life would be more important than size reduction.

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I think my most perfect HOPE (not really expecting it at all) would be to have them offer a version around $699. I'm buying a laptop this summer and was expecting to choose between the low-end XPS 13, and whatever else seems like a good deal.

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I would love a slightly bigger screen. Battery life of 12+ hours. It would be really great if you could actually run it all day and still have battery power left. I would also like to see the keyboard totally redesigned. Perhaps in the same style but made of something more sturdy that way you could lock it into place, kind of like the kickstand. That would make it as rigid as a laptop while keeping the surface style. I think the Start button should be on the top of the screen, that way it never accidently get hit by your hand. I'm sure the thinness and weight are fine, but lighter and thinner are always better. And of course it would be cool if it could be totally fanless. Pen improvements would be nice too. I have not seen it on WC yet, but MS is rumored to be buying N-Trig. I would like to see the pressure levels go up to at least 1000. And make room in the device to store the pen.

kwright62

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Agree that the keyboard probably limits sales as a result of the inevitable comparison to a laptop keyboard. If the keyboard still worked when not attached (Bluetooth) it would make a big difference in the way I use it. The keyboard could stay in my lap and the screen sitting on the desk.

SergyOrtiz

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I hope they use that beautiful latest NVIDIA Tegra. Aaaand global distribution since not even the first Surface RT is available in my country yet.

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I hope they use that beautiful latest NVIDIA Tegra. Aaaand global distribution since not even the first Surface RT is available in my country yet.
I should have included that as well. I've never been a big fan of intel graphics. It's ok on my SP2, but it's not super amazing. And as an Adobe CC user, I would love GPU support for Premiere Pro, which you don't get with intel.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
With MS purchasing n-trig, I expect to see much wider driver support for the pen. I also expect the pen buttons to be programmable. I'd love to see tilt sensitivity, but I think that wont come until 5.

I hope that there will be support for external graphics cards. That way we could use more powerful digital editing as well as play more intense games.

The third thing I want to see is the ability to use the Surface Pro 4 as a digital drawing tablet for another PC. So that it in effect can act as a touch screen monitor with pen support when you attach it to your desktop PC.

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I really hope they come out with an integrated pen, a Core-M version that's fanless, make it thinner and lighter and bring back the touch keyboard. I'll be happy.

Oh, a portrait stand just like the one on the SP3 but on the top part of the current horizontal stand would be icing on the cake. One can dream..

boo516

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Some sort of fix for thermal throttling so that it can actually perform better than the SP2. I don't care if that means it's thicker than the SP3. We shouldn't be paying for tech that we can't max out due to thermal constraints.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I think releasing a Surface Pro 4 in Q3 with Broadwell would be crazy. Since Skylake is launching in August, I don't understand why they would want to release something that is immediately outdated. The other thing I hope to see is USB Type-C, even though it isn't part of current or Sunrise Point chipsets. Port controllers will be available in enough quantity by then to make it possible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs