Share your #TileArt with us!

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Might be awesome on my 1520. I'll check it out after work. I don't want my boss mean mugging me tweaking my 1520. lol.

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
After trying, the app left me asking... why ?? Just go to settings/start+theme/choose photo .. I must be missing the point or intelligence to figure out how it works even after reading the tut, ??

Philocrates

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
I don't understand how to use this damn app. The tutorial is absolutely horrible and doesn't explain anything. All the pictures on the app download and in the previews show that you can put other applications on top of the tiles you create in the tileart app but I have absolutely no idea how. This is just confusing.

Philocrates

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Like, seriously. How...

95548d1422991484t-wp_ss_20150204_0002.jpg

How did you get Cortana, the phone, the store, etc on top of the tile art using this app. This app does not explain diddly squat.

Joel S.

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
So, the app allows you to lay a static image on a series of tiles, which you then pin to the start screen. Set the background to the image you want, and voila, you have the fancy images you see above and in the video.

The app is pretty simple, but setting up the artwork is not. It's not overly difficult, but it'll take some Photoshop work to get things looking as good as the demo video on the front page. If you want to do the static foreground, scrolling background thing like they show in the vid, you need to cut the static images out and then pick a background that fits.

EDIT: It's important to note than in the Sunset Overdrive example, the character is part of the tiles with a transparent background, so he will scroll with the tiles (watch the video on the homepage), and the "game art" is just the start screen background. Cortana and the like all just have transparency turned on.

Joel S.

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Watch the video. The only thing in the Sunset Overdrive image that's from the app are the tiles which have the character on them. The rest are just transparent live tiles.

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Yup, makes sense now, static background set up by normal way of adding background, pin tiles from app with new image tiles, pinned tiles are just blank tiles with images

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
The downside is the tiles laid on top are non functional, limitations of the current O's, would be so much better if the top image tiles just replaced the standard transparency, great lateral thinking by the dev though

AirSlab

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Guys I'm sorry but I'm literally lost with this app. Can anyone please give some simple step by step instructions?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo