MIX RADIO service FREE

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
a couple of dollars PER user per a set time period ...so think 1-2 million over a week or 2 give or take user count. so it's not 1-2 million a year or total.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft has their own streaming service, in the way of the xbox music however they put an end to the ad supported streaming on 1st December last year. So the only way to stream via xbox music is to become a paying subscriber.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Can't they make there own database??

unless MS gets into music production directly or buys the the music out right (gaining 100% ownership) then the same issue applies. Radio stations, streaming services, etc pay a license to play the song as well as a royalty to the record label.. thus why you get ads on free services, including radio

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
MixRadio to Microsoft was like Songza to Google. Only difference is that Microsoft didn't need MixRadio, so they sold it.

Unless you need unlimited playlists or 192 kbps there is no reason to purchase MixRadio. If you take the "Your Mix" playlist offline it does well. Microsoft already offers a free month of Xbox Music Pass through Bing Rewards and you can get a free 635 for the price of an annual subscription which is more than Google is doing so I'm not sure what else you want.

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
My point is that at this stage they have to give much more than Google... in order to compete them...

They don't. Google is not giving away anything. Microsoft is. Google uses the music locker as a tease to upsell you to Google Play Music All Access. The only thing that is free with Google is Songza; you might get one ad after several hours. Google does offer free music from time to time, but in my experience that music is free for a very good reason.

Songza on Windows Phone is actually better than it is on Android. Only good thing about Google Play are the offline capabilities. Microsoft and Google have us covered. The real hold out is Apple. No offline capabilities in iTunes Radio. No official, first party way to download music other than iTunes. Google and Microsoft have better software than Apple on their own platform. I found it much easier to use Google Play Music to store music on the iPhone than anything I found in the Apple Store.

I'm not saying that Microsoft shouldn't do more. I'm saying that Microsoft doesn't advertise what they are doing, because they don't care if you know about it or not. The way that Microsoft does things is closer to Blackberry than it is Google or Apple. They figure that a phone that is strong in the productivity department does not have to advertise its media capabilities. What they don't understand is that non-techies don't understand it because non-techies want something sexy that shines, and that is where Android is killing Windows Phone.

The only thing Microsoft needs to do is create a music locker out of OneDrive and sell unlimited storage for a competitive price. That should nullify Google Play Music and Amazon MP3. They're too focused on unlimited storage through Office 365, and those customers aren't looking to utilize OneDrive as a music locker; which might be the point of why Microsoft does not do what I'm suggesting, but I think it could happen at some point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077