Losing BOA app sucks, Can't transfer money on BOA website

Status
Not open for further replies.

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So Losing the Boa app sucks because I will be losing the function of uploading checks with the App since it takes a picture. Now for giggles I tried to transfer money between account using the Mobile site on my WP8 and it goes all the way to the part where you actually see the Transfer button but does not do anything when it is pressed.

Seems the WP8 browser does not work correctly on it.

So this just freaking blows, App gone and can't even transfer money through their mobile website.

UGG I hate BOA for this and am ticket at MS for letting major US banks walk away.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
The bank "walked away" on its own xd But if you think MS should do sth about it, put it up on the uservoice site and if gets enough votes they will look at it. However I doubt the uservoice sites are meant for that. BOA left, because they claimed there aren't many customers using WP, so it wasn't worth the effort (or at least that's what I think).. Get a petition going and post it on here :) Heck even I'll sign it

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've already pinged several MS execs about Chase and BOA walking away within 2 weeks of each other. These are also my TWO banks.

And yes I think MS needs to support their platform better, when you lose two of the biggest US banks in the span of two weeks that is a problem and MS should literally offer to pay them or take over devs duties for these apps until MS can grow the market share of WP.

WP8 isn;t going to gain marketshare by losing all it's banking apps that is for sure.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
True, but I really don't think MS should be buying over apps just for the sake of keeping them here. Giving them incentives to stay would be better, but ultimately the choice is theirs. There is some uncertainty regarding the future of our platform or at least some people are trying to convince themselves of that fact and that is being used as an excuse to leave the platform behind :/

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
So Losing the Boa app sucks because I will be losing the function of uploading checks with the App since it takes a picture. Now for giggles I tried to transfer money between account using the Mobile site on my WP8 and it goes all the way to the part where you actually see the Transfer button but does not do anything when it is pressed.

Seems the WP8 browser does not work correctly on it.

So this just freaking blows, App gone and can't even transfer money through their mobile website.

UGG I hate BOA for this and am ticket at MS for letting major US banks walk away.

Call their support and report this.

If they say the website is good enough, it better be!

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Mods: This sounds like a front page article: BOA didn't test mobile website on Windows Phone before telling users they should use it.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
And yes I think MS needs to support their platform better, when you lose two of the biggest US banks in the span of two weeks that is a problem and MS should literally offer to pay them or take over devs duties for these apps until MS can grow the market share of WP.

Please let me remind you that America is not I repeat is NOT the only country in the world which has people who use windows phones.!!!
So why the heck should MS pay for American bank apps.!!

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Understandably frustrating for many who bank on mobile.
These banks discontinued their app efforts because the banks claim under use by Windows phone users.

Microsoft has nothing to do with this.
Since there has been an over abundance of activity about this subject there is no need for another discussion.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss