Development of a GOOD Email App

m3tv

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I'm trying to take on a new project as a developer. One gripe I've always had was the lack of a GOOD windows phone email client. With intuitive gestures and a good UI. I currently use the default email app and must say im not hugely satisfied. I came from using the wonderful Mailbox app on Android and think I should try yo recreate the experience. What do you guys think of the idea?

FryderykChopin

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
Well if it would be possible, it would have its place when you roll the top screen, amongst the wifi, bluetooth, fight mode and rotation lock. It would be a small icon showing how many new emails you have and when you'd click it it would lead to the email client. It would obviously have to fit with other buttons, I don't want Las Vegas on my phone, hehe.

m3tv

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Well if it would be possible, it would have its place when you roll the top screen, amongst the wifi, bluetooth, fight mode and rotation lock. It would be a small icon showing how many new emails you have and when you'd click it it would lead to the email client. It would obviously have to fit with other buttons, I don't want Las Vegas on my phone, hehe.

Haha thank you

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
In my opinion, I'd wait and see how Outlook Mail turns out in Windows 10. I mean, we already know there's an entirely new client being released. Now would seemingly be the absolute worst time to develop a replacement. If Outlook Mail meets all the features of your app, then it'd be a big waste of time.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Oh yes, it's called Mailbox

Ok. You lost me in the beginning but I'm on track now. :) I say build it. Let me ask you, did the existing Mailbox app work with Outlook? I thought I read somewhere where it did not. The question has nothing to do with what your plans are. Just asking.

m3tv

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Ok. You lost me in the beginning but I'm on track now. :) I say build it. Let me ask you, did the existing Mailbox app work with Outlook? I thought I read somewhere where it did not. The question has nothing to do with what your plans are. Just asking.
To be completely honest I have no idea haha

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I'm trying to take on a new project as a developer. One gripe I've always had was the lack of a GOOD windows phone email client. With intuitive gestures and a good UI. I currently use the default email app and must say im not hugely satisfied. I came from using the wonderful Mailbox app on Android and think I should try yo recreate the experience. What do you guys think of the idea?

Personally I'd wait for a Windows 10 freeze before even considering such an app.
Don't want to discourage you though. Windows needs a lot of similar apps...

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
In my opinion, I'd wait and see how Outlook Mail turns out in Windows 10. I mean, we already know there's an entirely new client being released. Now would seemingly be the absolute worst time to develop a replacement. If Outlook Mail meets all the features of your app, then it'd be a big waste of time.

Not entirely true. Alternatives are always welcome, and OP could recycle the code for another project.
Waiting would be best for changes to API

carlson03

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
ha, work got the best of me on this one....when you said GOOD, I was thinking GOOD for Enterprise's app....wish they would overhaul that app, its bleh

GL in the development OP and keep us posted!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans