I can't take anymore of Google buying apps then dropping support for Windows. Now they want Softcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

winrayjay99

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
If you haven't heard Google wants to buy softcard. But as we Windowsphone users know with what happened to Wayz when Google purchased them the Wayz app on Windowsphone stopped being updated and all windowsphone support was thrown out Bad news for Windows Phone?Google set to buy NFC payments provider Softcard - WMPoweruser . Now before you say it doesn't matter, let me say first of all Softcard is the only POS chip system, like Apple pay that windowsphone has. Android has softcard, and Google pay. Once Google takes over Softcard you can kiss paying for that soda at your local gas station through your smartphone good bye. Google is being anti competitive with Windowsphone and it has to stop. I mean you can have Google apps on Blackberry, Firefox O.S., and Kindle. All three platforms are not as popular. But Google's excuse is windowsphone has low market share. Bullcrap. Google would be more happy if There was no Microsoft! Google is being anticompetitive plain and simple. We Windowsphone users need to talk to the DOJ or FCC about this and say Google should not be able to buy Softcard until they Make and update all apps they make for other platforms for Windows. I am taking everything from Gmail, and Maps to YouTube, and Google +. Google needs to make more apps for Windows or not be able to buy Softcard. Who is with me?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Their mission is to control competition by buying up as many network based services as possible and you bow to their will or die. They are ISIS.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I don't see any problem. All they are doing is make Android strong and that's every company do.
Why all WP fans hate Google so much?
and about other three platform. May be you don't know but other three platforms allow Android apps to installs.
If MS also allowed then problem solved. No more anti competitive cr*p and no more apps problem.

Anyway lets start same discussion which is going on since.......i don't really know.
But I don't understand why MS provides better quality apps to Android and iOS than WP. If MS isn't serious about own platform then what you expect from others

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't see any problem. All they are doing is make Android strong and that's every company do.
and about other three platform. May be you don't know but other three platforms allow Android apps to installs.
If MS also allowed then problem solved. No more anti competitive cr*p and no more apps problem.

Anyway lets start same discussion which is going on since.......i don't really know.
But I don't understand why MS provides better quality apps to Android and iOS than WP. If MS isn't serious about own platform then what you expect from others
Matt-Stone-Trey-Parker.gif

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
But Google made everything clear.
Until WP get some decent market share Google will not support WP.

So, why keep bragging one topic again and again?
This is nothing new.

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Carriers explicitly prevented Microsoft from using their own wallet system because they wanted to push softcard. If Google shuts it down I hope Microsoft sues both them and the carriers.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
But Google made everything clear.
Until WP get some decent market share Google will not support WP.

So, why keep bragging one topic again and again?
This is nothing new.
That's BS. Obviously. If Microsoft gains market share on mobile, Google will do even more to try and stick it to Windows users. They are determined not to lose out on customer data to sell.

Last edited:

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
That's BS. Obviously. If Microsoft gains market share on mobile, Google will do even more to try and stick to to Windows users. They are determined not to lose out on customer data to sell.

Google Sell customer data.
now that's a BS.First you need to work on your knowledge. It's a totally wrong rumor which is spread by MS and their fanboys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oe6pdQvyAc&feature=player_embedded
Google Privacy: 5 Things the Tech Giant Does With Your Data

Second thing.IF WP grew and get decent market share Google can't afford to loose them. Like iOS they will also support WP.

Third thing ; More than 90% of WP users are Google hater and may be Google aware of that and even if they support WP most of users are not going to use Google services. This thread is an example how many hater are among us.

winrayjay99

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I wrote The DOJ about this. The email address is. antitrust.complaints@usdoj.gov

Here is what I said to them.

To whom it May Concern.

Google is in the process of Purchasing Softcard a mobile based payment system like Apple Pay from wireless providers T-Mobile At&t and Verizon http://googlecommerce.blogspot.com/2015/02/tap-tap-whos-there-google-wallet-and.html?m=1 . Now the Service Google is buying, Softcard has an app made for the windowsphone operating System. The problem here is that Google (The acquiring Party). Purchased another app developer that had made an app for Windowsphone called waze, after Google acquired waze all windowsphone apps made by waze were not updated or supported after said acquisition http://m.windowscentral.com/waze-no-plans-windows-phone-app-update . Google says the purchase of Softcard is to improve competition for there current Smartphone platform android and their service like softcard, and Apple pay, Google Pay. Android had both Google Pay and Softcard as apps. Windowsphone only has Softcard. If Google is able to Acquire Softcard? Windowsphone will lose a payment service that they only have. Softcard will be swallowed up by Google Pay and Become Google Pay. Google has also said they will not make Google apps for Windowsphone due to Low Market share of the platform http://www.informationweek.com/wind...ps-for-windows-8-windows-phone/d/d-id/1107805 . The funny thing is Google makes apps for Blackberry a platform with so much low Market share their Ceo is demanding Congress to force developers to make apps for it http://www.zedkin.com/news/blackberry-ceo-writes-feds-seeks-mandated-cross-platform-development/ . I as a windowsphone user feel that Google by trying to purchase Softcard and not supporting Windowsphone with apps is being anti competitive and trying to make sure Microsoft has no way of having a Mobile platform and making Iphone or Android the only two choices for Mobile users. Windowsphone has a right to exist and Google is trying to crush that. To improve their own platform Android. I feel the only way Google should be able to acquire Softcard is if they do one of three things.

1. Produce or help Microsoft Produce official Google apps for Windowsphone, including but not limited too Youtube, Google Maps, Google Plus, and Google Voice.

2. Continue to produce Softcard For Windowsphone, or help Microsoft find a replacement for Softcard.

3. Spin off android and chrome. Give to Open handset Alliance, or sell both platforms to another Company.

What Google is doing is anti competitive and should be resolved before Google can acquire Softcard.

I hope you all help me defend Windowsphone by complaining about the soft as puchachase to someone who can fix the problem.

Rickosw

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,

What do you think are other Potential Company that Dr Evil (Google) is gunning next? What are the type of apps that will DIRECTLY AFFECT WP owners?
Please comment actively and hopefully some MSFT M&A staff is reading this topic / we can forward to MSFT M&A team ...

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys,

What do you think are other Potential Company that Dr Evil (Google) is gunning next? What are the type of apps that will DIRECTLY AFFECT WP owners?
Please comment actively and hopefully some MSFT M&A staff is reading this topic / we can forward to MSFT M&A team ...

I think you mean Q&A because M&A sounds like Molest & Assault. :p

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I wrote The DOJ about this. The email address is. antitrust.complaints@usdoj.gov

Here is what I said to them.

To whom it May Concern.

Google is in the process of Purchasing Softcard a mobile based payment system like Apple Pay from wireless providers T-Mobile At&t and Verizon Google Commerce: Tap, tap. Who's there? Google Wallet and Softcard! . Now the Service Google is buying, Softcard has an app made for the windowsphone operating System. The problem here is that Google (The acquiring Party). Purchased another app developer that had made an app for Windowsphone called waze, after Google acquired waze all windowsphone apps made by waze were not updated or supported after said acquisition Waze: No plans for Windows Phone app update | Windows Central . Google says the purchase of Softcard is to improve competition for there current Smartphone platform android and their service like softcard, and Apple pay, Google Pay. Android had both Google Pay and Softcard as apps. Windowsphone only has Softcard. If Google is able to Acquire Softcard? Windowsphone will lose a payment service that they only have. Softcard will be swallowed up by Google Pay and Become Google Pay. Google has also said they will not make Google apps for Windowsphone due to Low Market share of the platform Google Nixes Apps For Windows 8, Windows Phone - InformationWeek . The funny thing is Google makes apps for Blackberry a platform with so much low Market share their Ceo is demanding Congress to force developers to make apps for it BlackBerry CEO writes Feds, seeks mandated cross-platform development - Zedkin . I as a windowsphone user feel that Google by trying to purchase Softcard and not supporting Windowsphone with apps is being anti competitive and trying to make sure Microsoft has no way of having a Mobile platform and making Iphone or Android the only two choices for Mobile users. A) Windowsphone has a right to exist and Google is trying to crush that. To improve their own platform Android. B) I feel the only way Google should be able to acquire Softcard is if they do one of three things.

1. Produce or help Microsoft Produce official Google apps for Windowsphone, including but not limited too Youtube, Google Maps, Google Plus, and Google Voice.

2. Continue to produce Softcard For Windowsphone, or help Microsoft find a replacement for Softcard.

C) 3. Spin off android and chrome. Give to Open handset Alliance, or sell both platforms to another Company.

What Google is doing is anti competitive and should be resolved before Google can acquire Softcard.

I hope you all help me defend Windowsphone by complaining about the soft as puchachase to someone who can fix the problem.

The letter was pretty good until you mentioned the items highlighted in bold:

A) It should read as "Users all over the world have a right to choice and Google is trying to crush that". It should have ended there.

B) This entire sentence negates the entire letter.

C) Impossible request and makes you sound like a crying fan boy / gal (not saying you are as what you insisting is also anti-competitive).

Watch the January 21[SUP]st[/SUP] event.
Google Sell customer data.
now that's a BS.First you need to work on your knowledge. It's a totally wrong rumor which is spread by MS and their fanboys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oe6pdQvyAc&feature=player_embedded
Google Privacy: 5 Things the Tech Giant Does With Your Data

Second thing.IF WP grew and get decent market share Google can't afford to loose them. Like iOS they will also support WP.

Third thing ; More than 90% of WP users are Google hater and may be Google aware of that and even if they support WP most of users are not going to use Google services. This thread is an example how many hater are among us.

One: Na?ve

I will not attempt to explain as you clearly do not understand Google's model.

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
"For now, Softcard customers can continue to tap and pay with the app. We will share more information with customers and partners in the coming weeks."

That "For now" makes me a little nervous...

Not that I have ever used softcard. We have 1 mcdonalds and a drugstore within 20 miles that it would work at and I don't go to either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb