What are your ideas for a Microsoft Flagship.

Name i.e. Lumia 940 or Surface Phone (where's? Lumia brand)
    Specs
    Price
    Availability/Carrier
    Etc.
    snowmutt and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-01-2015 11:36 PM
    Ahhhhh yes.... the Mythological Lumia Flagship. I remember the episode of "In Search of...." where they had experts claiming they actually saw one in the full moon on the scottish loch. Real grainy footage though.

Take a look at the specs of Android Flagships announced for Summer. We will see the same type of effort from a Lumia Windows 10 Hero. It will be out by at least Fall, though I say there is a better chance for an August release if they get the Windows 10 launch for PC/Laptops out by June-ish.

Me? I am hoping for a design like the 920 with a 5"-5.5" screen and better audio. My daughter is cheering for a 1020 update, camera hump and all.
    03-02-2015 02:43 AM
    I'd be interested to know what advantage there would be to a flagship.

I've just moved from a 2.5yo 920, to a cheap pre-owned 930, and in everyday operation there's almost no difference.

The camera is faster, which is a definite plus, but little else is really different.

Looking at the current flagship Android/iOS, i don't see what would actually be any better. There are some very pretty phones around, and 64bit/more cores sound nice, but they make little difference to the operation.
    03-02-2015 04:01 AM
    I'd be interested to know what advantage there would be to a flagship.

I've just moved from a 2.5yo 920, to a cheap pre-owned 930, and in everyday operation there's almost no difference.

The camera is faster, which is a definite plus, but little else is really different.

Looking at the current flagship Android/iOS, i don't see what would actually be any better. There are some very pretty phones around, and 64bit/more cores sound nice, but they make little difference to the operation.
    You just compared two flagships to each other. As an owner of a 635 and 920, I can tell you that the 920 is still technically faster and smoother in every way.
    03-02-2015 04:13 AM
    I'm hoping for a true Microsoft designed phone, not in the design of earlier Lumias. If they could just shrink a Surface: 6" 1080p screen, VaporMag, Gorilla Glass 4, stylus, mini-hdmi or display port, micro-sd slot, Qi wireless charging, & maybe even a built in kick stand. Plus, I'd love to see the new intel mobile processors just announced be included...making it the first device on the market with the new x3-C3440 chip. Put a whole new meaning to the term WinTel. Doubt that would happen, but I can dream I guess.

Truthfully I don't really need a new phone. I've got the 1520 and am 100% happy with it, but it Microsoft came out with something similar to the above, I'm in.
    03-05-2015 10:44 PM
    Thought this was interesting from Tuula at MWC 2015:

The only answer there is to innovation. Tuula continues, So you have the Surface Pro 3, thats really like for me the laptop reinvented. {} I think the Surface team has reinvented as what we perceive as being a laptop. Similarly when we think about high end phones, I dont think that a 5 inch rectangle is the end of how we want to work or live when were mobile and using mobile technology. I think theres a lot of ways we can still innovate and reinvent and for us as a challenger in that space thats what we need to do.

http://www.icxm.net/x/lumia-marketin...hips-xbox.html
    03-07-2015 08:06 PM