Windows Phone Recovery Tool 1.0.6 Firmware Save Location?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I am using Windows Phone Recovery Tool 1.0.6 to download the latest firmware to upgrade my phone. It is good compare to the previous Lumia Software Recovery Tool in the way that it can recognise my Lumia 1520.

The only downside is that it does not allow me to choose the firmware location location, which I already have the firmware in my computer by downloading it through Navifirm. And now the Windows Phone Recovery Tool needs another 248 minutes to download something I already have.

Appreciate if anyone can tell me the firmware save file location of Windows Phone Recovery Tool and I can finish my update in 15mins and enjoy the Denim.

Thanks!

anon(9140902)

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
need help. how to use the package to reinstall software without connecting to internet again?

the device software should download into a folder on your computer in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Packages\Products

jD83eX7.png

t6HC1Jo.png

NazmiVDW

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
But how to use these packages? It's tedious to need to download packages again EVERY TIME I wanna reset my phone... The existing package is the same version anyway. Lumia 1520

anon(9140902)

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
But how to use these packages? It's tedious to need to download packages again EVERY TIME I wanna reset my phone... The existing package is the same version anyway. Lumia 1520

Any way to use these existing packages instead of going through a long downloading of another similar package?

The package downloads one time and stays on your hard drive until you delete it, you can reset your Lumia 1520 every day and not need to redownload Windows Phone 8.1

ResRudeBoy

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
I have two (yes very lucky boy... ) 950's

Both had an issue where they wouldn't update past version .11, I used this tool on one of them and got it to update and now its on OS version 10.0.10586.29, the other is still on version .11

Since doing this, its been very stable, not getting so hot anymore and the battery appears to be lasting a lot longer than 4 hours.

So, I tried to update the 2ns one the same way, but the tool says the newest version is what I have downloaded already? so, my question is this... is there any way of copying the package from my updated 950 so that I can use the tool to flash it on the other one?

Cheers

kzintz

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
I know this is an old thread but still this might be useful.

To not have to redownload the big recovery file a second time (eg if you redo your computer or get a new one etc) then once you have downloaded it once just go to the folder
c:/ programdata/microsoft/packages/products (there will be a folder here -open it)
and look for the .ffu file (it will be large for my 640xl it is 1.7gb) just copy that file to a safe location. If you need to do a new recovery and have removed the c:/ programdata/microsoft/packages/products for whatever reason then reinstall windows recovery tool and copy the .ffu file back to the c:/ programdata/microsoft/packages/products folder/

YOu can even copy it back if you have started to redownload - just overwrite the existing .ffu file..in my case it's full name is RM1067_02177.00000.15184.36002_RETAIL_prod_signed_1005_0232B8_000-IN.ffu

I recommend actually copy the whole folder including the folder name because each device will create its own folder name which will be the same name as before. Clear :) :winktongue: and you can copy the whole folder back if you wish.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720