Why do I have unresponsive social apps, Viber, Whatsapp & Skype?

Birhang Limbu

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Unresponsive social apps, Viber, Whatsapp & Skype.

Time and time again.
Audio recording for audio messages do not work at all for Whatsapp and Viber.
Soft reset fixes it.

Can't receive calls from Viber instead a notification of a missed call message is in it's place.
This has no fix.
Anyone else having this problem?

Skype, calls are failing over and over. I can receive the call, I can answer it but absolutely nothing happens.
Soft reset fixes this too.

Soft reset, is that the definition of the Windows OS?
Please someone tell me that it's the third party app issues itself.

But Skype, just why????

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Unresponsive social apps, Viber, Whatsapp & Skype.

Time and time again.
Audio recording for audio messages do not work at all for Whatsapp and Viber.
Soft reset fixes it.

Can't receive calls from Viber instead a notification of a missed call message is in it's place.
This has no fix.
Anyone else having this problem?

Skype, calls are failing over and over. I can receive the call, I can answer it but absolutely nothing happens.
Soft reset fixes this too.

Soft reset, is that the definition of the Windows OS?
Please someone tell me that it's the third party app issues itself.

But Skype, just why????

I have experienced this a number of times both in my L1020 and L535, but I have found it to be affected by the quality of the network my phone is connected to. Resetting the connection (e.g. by entering and leaving Airplane mode) usually fixes the problem... a simple restart (and a soft-reset) also resets the network connection. Are you experiencing this on 3G/4G, or WiFi?

However, this may also be affected by the number of apps running in the background (for my lower-end L535 for example). What phone are you using?

stephenward121

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

Try to uninstall fully and then download it again. If it gives similar problem it may be your phone which is creating a problem. Check your memory it may be the problem.

Felipe Carneiro

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site

Try to uninstall fully and then download it again. If it gives similar problem it may be your phone which is creating a problem. Check your memory it may be the problem.

I'm sorry but i've been seeing lots of people having this issue and no response from Microsoft or developers. This seem to be definetely the worst measure in this case although it's the one and only around internet. OMG! And I'm a recent user in this WP world. I can't believe there's no way to solve this ********* matter.

What a ****** OS.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

I'm sorry but i've been seeing lots of people having this issue and no response from Microsoft or developers. This seem to be definetely the worst measure in this case although it's the one and only around internet. OMG! And I'm a recent user in this WP world. I can't believe there's no way to solve this ********* matter.

What a ****** OS.

Let us not judge an OS by the apps that come with it. It's like blaming a NightHawk 1911 for not firing while using reload .45ACP rounds.:cool:

Birhang Limbu

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site

On Wifi. Well thanks for the response.
I'll just take it that it's because of the number of apps running in the background. Sigh

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

On Wifi. Well thanks for the response.
I'll just take it that it's because of the number of apps running in the background. Sigh
For push notifications, though I mentioned that in my first response, that is only a possibility. In my L1020 and L535, Skype seems to be receiving messages and pushing notifications normally but only when they have a stable internet connection. This is despite having a lot of apps allowed to run the background (different from having apps actually running in the background). How many apps do you have running in the background. Also, what phone are you using?

However, as to why your Skype calls are failing, the number of apps running in the background don't seem to have anything to do with that. The more probably cause is the quality of the network connection. What's your internet connection speed?

Based on my experience, a minimum of 2-3Mbps (megabits, not megabytes, per second) ensures a stable Skype voice call. Higher speeds are needed for stable video calls.

Birhang Limbu

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site

I'm from Nepal, my net speed is 384 kbps, HAHAHAHAHAHA.
I know there's a different post for this.
But quickly, is it possible my battery drain, 4-5% per hour even on battery saver + airplane mode could be possibly because of my slow net speed?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

I'm from Nepal, my net speed is 384 kbps, HAHAHAHAHAHA.
I know there's a different post for this.
But quickly, is it possible my battery drain, 4-5% per hour even on battery saver + airplane mode could be possibly because of my slow net speed?

I hope you're doing well in Nepal - I've received news of a second 7.3 or 7.4 earthquake there.

But then, quickly - it depends. 4-5% per hour is a fairly good rate of discharge. I haven't tested this yet, but faster internet speeds over Wi-Fi should drain the battery more, especially if the Wi-Fi source is stable... due to the fact that faster internet speeds equates to faster data transfers, where data transfer rates translate to power usage.

To be more specific, it is your internet connection through mobile data that should affect your battery life more than through Wi-Fi. Since your in airplane mode, the internet speed through Wi-Fi should have little impact on battery life.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos