MS their own worst enemy when it comes to apps?

EssThree

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Today I received a replacement product id for MyTube, and it got me thinking about how I haven't paid for any apps on Windows Phone since removing the ads from 6snap. I've had a few apps removed completely from the store now, and a few bugs concerning other paid apps, and the way MS has handled these problems has completely put me off wanting to lay out any cash on more apps.

I figure I can't be the same person in this boat, so that means developers are missing out on potential revenue, which would put them off making more apps for the store and/or having bad word of mouth between developers. Surely MS should realise that it should be keeping devs and end users happy if it wants its store to thrive?

Could someone who understands the situation better than me explain why MS seems to be so unhelpful?

Edit: Incidentally, though MyTube now works as a fully paid app, the store still assumes that it's not, which leads me to believe that it was entirely the developer who came up with this work around.

Usamanwar

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Agree with you. I published an app related to Cricket world cup on windows phone store which used logo of Cricket world cup and ICC filed copyright infringement case. Microsoft asked me to unpublish app and remove copyrighted content from the app and asked me not to publish it until Microsoft give me permission to do it. I did as they told me to do. Unpublished my app and removed the content and asked them for permission to publish it again. I didn't receive any answer after 5 or 6 days. So, I mailed them again and told them such delays causes loss to developer and urge them not to develop apps for this platform and as a result my app permanently removed from store.

PS. My app was at first place in most of markets in New+Rising category

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb