Surface phone with windows 10-A true flagship

Draude84

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I mean the Idea to convert the surface to an phone. I'am using the suface pro 3 exactly in this way... with a big screen for work sometimes as a laptop and sometimes as a tablet and this works really great for me. To have this possibility with a phone would be awesome but not possible due to performance at least not for work. And the small keyboard is not really usefull I guess. I actuelly like the idea and the implementation of this work ... maybe funny isn't the right word here.

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Surface for high end premium devices for productivity.
Lumia for best in class smartphones for the masses.

exactly..this makes sense..Hope MS will do this.MS can really change the game of smartphones.this is the time to do this and prove the world what WP is capable of.

Last edited:

spideymaniac

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
lol..i went bit overboard with that.Because I was so anxious that WP's next flagship should have the maximum performance that would shut everyones mouth.lol

I'd love that too so any MS hater would shut the hell up, lol

Hope MS give us a truly amazing flagship lol

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
small keyboard is not really usefull I guess.

I know how you feel..You can't expect to have a best keyboard experience with this by any means.but this will be a new exiting way of using our phone.it will be fun too.and who knows it might be comfortable to type with once we get the hang of it.

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
I'd love that too so any MS hater would shut the hell up, lol

Hope MS give us a truly amazing flagship lol

My thought is exactly.Next flagship from MS should be the powerful and elegant phone on the entire universe.It should outperform every flagship on the market in all possible ways.and that would definitely shut the mouth and *** of all WP hatters.And the good thing is MS can really do this.this is the time especially with windows phone 10.

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
I like the Surface themed but I would prefer a entertainment/show off focused phone than the office focused one.

it's not just office focused.See the specs,it has the latest GPU for advanced gaming,and top of the range specs that no other phone would have.Right now no phone come even close to this.So sure this would be the right phone for you to show off.

Last edited:

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Only issue I have is how to design the kickstand. I wouldn't make it exactly like the Surface (a thin, square block of magnesium), but cut it so you can use it in both orientations.

The keyboard magnets may make the bezel a little thick, but I think that's doable.

We need someone to make a 3D model of this phone and print it!

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Only issue I have is how to design the kickstand.

kick stand will be very thin and wouldn't even notice it is there when locked in.but it will be handy in some situations.Say you want to watch a movie on your phone can't hold your huge phablet all the time.You can comfortably put it on the bed with kickstand and sit back and watch the movie.Now i use funny objects to do so.;) lol.

Last edited:

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
the funny thing is = iphone is a phone,ipad is a tablet, phone for lumia,surface for tablet.. and what is surface phone?

Surface phones=ultra premium productivity phablets in the Surface line(a small version of surface tablet)
Lumia phones=for mass, mid-range to low end devices without any pen.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Who would buy this $1200 phone? Lol. Who wants to pay $500 WITH a contract?

That's why we have what we have.

Also, I don't know how you even fit that big of a battery in a 5.7" phone, with all the other components.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans