Surface phone with windows 10-A true flagship

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Surface phone concept

Good idea. For the person above that said "Lumia" & "Surface" are separate products because there's iPhone / iPad. Difference is they share a common design. An iPad LOOKS like an iPhone. Apple was smart enough to play off the design of their successful phone to sell more tablets.

Microsoft should consider this. Maybe it can be the "Lumia Pro" or something. Give it a simplified name (drop the stupid numbers) and sell it as the accessory to the Surface Pro Tablet. I wouldn't go so far as to try and make it a "full PC", that's a bit excessive for now I'd say.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
kick stand will be very thin and wouldn't even notice it is there when locked in.but it will be handy in some situations.Say you want to watch a movie on your phone can't hold your huge phablet all the time.You can comfortably put it on the bed with kickstand and sit back and watch the movie.Now i use funny objects to do so.;) lol.
Oh, I know what the kickstand is for, just how to design it so it works both in landscape and portrait modes. ;)

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
This is what MS needs. Don't know about the keyboard cover though. Only thing i'd change is integrate the pen in a silo.

Ditch Lumia and the dumb numbering scheme for the fifteenth time!

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Surface phone concept

Firstly Microsoft should hire the person who made that design.....there is someone who gets the idea!! A Hybrid Phone/Tablet/PC :grin:
Keep your Big boy Surface in Home or Office and when mobile use the Phone

Charge an Upscale Price for a Surface Line, then have a Lower scale for Lumia but also revive the 2520 with Intel Mobile M chip. So a Metal option and a Polycarb option.

Why has Apple done so well.....simple. the designs can all tie into each other. If you have ever seen the desk of an Apple Geek the hardware looks good as a set. It all looks like it belongs together.

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
I don't know how you even fit that big of a battery in a 5.7" phone

because this phone won't be a thinnest one.surface pro 3 is just a tablet yet packs powerful CPU and battery too.So it is possible to have 4500mAh battery in 5.7" phablet(Lenovo P780 5" phone with 4000mAh battery remember?) but i wouldn't mind it being little bit thicker with all these specs.

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
You know, the idea behind this concept (to me) is not to have a desktop in a phone. The idea is more meaningful (and realistic) than that. Microsoft should aim to do a 'me first!' approach to making phones. It's not the OS holding back sales, it's the way it's presented to the masses.

1. The first 720p phones were made and sold by HTC and Samsung
2. HTC (J Butterfly) was the first 1080p display smartphone
3. LG was the first to get the first S800 phone out (G2)
4. iPhone made fingerprint sensors popular
5. Samsung has been going around doing fitness apps and sensors on their Galaxy line before the MS band was even announced
6. Chinese manufacturers (and also Motorola) have been fitting huge batteries in thin-ish devices for a while now

And the list goes on. The only thing WP was the first to was Optical Image Stabilization which is arguably a very important feature. But considering all the new features added to smartphones every year, how many can MS claim that they brought to the market?

Sure, Lumias and Windows Phones in general are reliable, and smooth and functional and all. But has Microsoft really 'innovated' that much since WP8? 1520 (the most complete WP created to date) was announced in Q4 2013. A successor will come in Q4 2015, and you can bet that it won't beat the Galaxy S6 (available now) at anything.

You can bet that if Samsung or LG or Sony or even Apple spent TWO YEARS working on a flagship, it would be the best damn thing ever made, and at least a year ahead of the competition. But the Lumia 1030 will not be.

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
I wouldn't be a prophet of doom like this.sure MS will soon bring a flagship similar to the one posted here and that "would be the best damn thing ever made".will sure kick out all the flagships out there.and you know what MS can really make such a device.lets hope it happens soon.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
You know, the idea behind this concept (to me) is not to have a desktop in a phone. The idea is more meaningful (and realistic) than that. Microsoft should aim to do a 'me first!' approach to making phones. It's not the OS holding back sales, it's the way it's presented to the masses.

1. The first 720p phones were made and sold by HTC and Samsung
2. HTC (J Butterfly) was the first 1080p display smartphone
3. LG was the first to get the first S800 phone out (G2)
4. iPhone made fingerprint sensors popular
5. Samsung has been going around doing fitness apps and sensors on their Galaxy line before the MS band was even announced
6. Chinese manufacturers (and also Motorola) have been fitting huge batteries in thin-ish devices for a while now

And the list goes on. The only thing WP was the first to was Optical Image Stabilization which is arguably a very important feature. But considering all the new features added to smartphones every year, how many can MS claim that they brought to the market?

Sure, Lumias and Windows Phones in general are reliable, and smooth and functional and all. But has Microsoft really 'innovated' that much since WP8? 1520 (the most complete WP created to date) was announced in Q4 2013. A successor will come in Q4 2015, and you can bet that it won't beat the Galaxy S6 (available now) at anything.

You can bet that if Samsung or LG or Sony or even Apple spent TWO YEARS working on a flagship, it would be the best damn thing ever made, and at least a year ahead of the competition. But the Lumia 1030 will not be.

Dont underestimate Microsoft...ever...theyve managed to make a super sexy tablet with great powe,that doubles as a premium laptop,and works with an extremely well implemented pen,making it a notebook,a tablet,and a computer all in one device...Theyve also managed to create a 3d hologram device that will be available for consumers which was completely unexpected,and they've made a great Os if not the best that can run on phones,tablets,computers,and the hololens....the devices you've seen so far under Microsoft hav all been low end/mid range and they all in my opinion got it right and did a good job of sacrificing the right things to keep price low,unlike Nokia who clearly didn't understand what's most important for a low end phone to have,and on top of that all of the Microsoft Lumias look 10 TIMES better than the ugly low ends Nokia has released in the history of their windows phone support..Microsoft has made low end phones look good (the 640xl) looking the best..so I for sure cannot wait to see what Microsoft does with their flagship...You guys saw the prototype Mclaren leaks..that phone looked good..that was literally the best windows phone desi GB I had ever seen.it was simplistic,premium looking and that polycarbonate strip at the bottom gave it the potential to add a splash of color ...😏 so please dont trash the great Microsoft..its design w

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Dont underestimate Microsoft...ever...theyve managed to make a super sexy tablet with great powe,that doubles as a premium laptop,and works with an extremely well implemented pen,making it a notebook,a tablet,and a computer all in one device...Theyve also managed to create a 3d hologram device that will be available for consumers which was completely unexpected,and they've made a great Os if not the best that can run on phones,tablets,computers,and the hololens....the devices you've seen so far under Microsoft hav all been low end/mid range and they all in my opinion got it right and did a good job of sacrificing the right things to keep price low,unlike Nokia who clearly didn't understand what's most important for a low end phone to have,and on top of that all of the Microsoft Lumias look 10 TIMES better than the ugly low ends Nokia has released in the history of their windows phone support..Microsoft has made low end phones look good (the 640xl) looking the best..so I for sure cannot wait to see what Microsoft does with their flagship...You guys saw the prototype Mclaren leaks..that phone looked good..that was literally the best windows phone desi GB I had ever seen.it was simplistic,premium looking and that polycarbonate strip at the bottom gave it the potential to add a splash of color ...�� so please dont trash the great Microsoft..its design w

Not trashing them at all. Like I said, Lumias are solid, functional phones. But that's not good enough in a market where specs are made to be the key selling point.
The SP3 is incredible and it shows that Microsoft can makes excellent devices if they so please. And yet they are holding back in the WP space. A yearly flagship update is crucial for a lot of reasons - the most important of them is staying the headlines. I wish they had revealed a flagship when Samsung announced the S6 and HTC the M9. It would have been seen as competition and we would be daily seeing articles comparing the devices, giving MS a lot of publicity, and getting people's attention.

I have no doubt Windows 10 flagship will be great. But Lumia flagships have always been great; it needs to be something groundbreaking at this point. The 'good enough' strategy hasn't been working so great lately.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
OS this is going to cost about $1,200 and catch on fire after 2 hours of use, right?

What in the world would someone need a 10-MP FFC for anyway? I also never see 4500 mAh batteries in phones, even 3500 is more than you'd typically see (the 6 Plus is under 3000 mAh and the Note 4 is under 3300 mAh).

I see so many of these postings, and I have to ask: Are these just people who like to draw pretty pictures and dump impossible specs all over the floor, or do people actually know about technology when they put these things out there?

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
OS this is going to cost about $1,200 and catch on fire after 2 hours of use, right?

What in the world would someone need a 10-MP FFC for anyway? I also never see 4500 mAh batteries in phones, even 3500 is more than you'd typically see (the 6 Plus is under 3000 mAh and the Note 4 is under 3300 mAh).

I see so many of these postings, and I have to ask: Are these just people who like to draw pretty pictures and dump impossible specs all over the floor, or do people actually know about technology when they put these things out there?

The specs might be a bit high for current period but the design is flawless and wonderful. I suggest the OP should approach Microsoft and get this design approved (no need the specs).

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

My thoughts, exactly...
Plus, Windows Phone lasts longer than Android with the same battery size.

My prediction for the next Microsoft flagship would be:
5.2" 1080p (6" 1440p for the XL version)
Snapdragon 810
3 GB RAM
32 GB ROM (64 GB for the XL version, both expandable)
20.7 MP (or could be 41 MP) rear cam, with its own unique and ground-breaking camera tech!
2160p @ 30 fps rear cam video rec.
5 MP ffc
1080p @ 30 fps ffc video rec.
3000 mAh battery (3800 mAh for the XL version)

Come on guys, keep it realistic

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Come on guys, keep it realistic

this is realistic as it is.these specs will be as common as sliced bread by the time MS brings its flagship.I think these specs are very reasonable.and most of the specs are already there on other flagships right now.btw right now phones have better specs than your specs,.So when the MS brings a flagship latter this year your specs won't be anything special for a long waited flagship.

Last edited:

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
I also never see 4500 mAh batteries in phones, even 3500 is more than you'd typically see (the 6 Plus is under 3000 mAh and the Note 4 is under 3300 mAh).

Have you ever heard about Lenovo P780?i guess not.it's a 5" phone with 4000mAh battery.mind you this phone came last year.I have seen many Chinese phones having 5000mAh or even 5300mAh battery.I think you are not up on the latest technology,first you must know about technology a bit before asking such a dump question.if you think these are impossible specs then definitely you have no idea what is happening in the smarphone world,do a bit of research or update yourself then comment(btw most of these specs are already available on many phones).Any way this concept phone won't be a thinnest one so it can easily accommodate 4500mAh battery or even 5000mAh.surface pro 3 is just a tablet yet packs powerful CPU and battery that you get on massive laptops.So it is very much possible to have 4500mAh battery in 5.7" phablet.I don't honestly understand what specs you found impossible here.do you honestly think quad-core processor is impossible on phone? 4GB RAM?30MP cam?4k video?dual band wifi?hello duhhh. anyway we are not talking about a phone that will come tomorrow morning,we are talking about future.all these specs will be a mediocre ones by the time MS brings it's flagship.and by next year these specs will be on our mid range phones.I would say these specs are pretty low for THE BEST flagship phone next year.

Last edited:

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
It's like you think device manufacturers just leave empty space for the heck of it.

Every single component takes space, that takes away valuable space from this massive battery you want. You want more and more features? Where does the space come from? Just because one phone has a 5000mah battery, doesn't mean all can. It made sacrifices in other areas to have that massive battery. If every flagship could have a 5000mah battery,
THEY WOULD.

It's laughable you are telling someone else to learn about technology...

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Not trashing them at all. Like I said, Lumias are solid, functional phones. But that's not good enough in a market where specs are made to be the key selling point.
The SP3 is incredible and it shows that Microsoft can makes excellent devices if they so please. And yet they are holding back in the WP space. A yearly flagship update is crucial for a lot of reasons - the most important of them is staying the headlines. I wish they had revealed a flagship when Samsung announced the S6 and HTC the M9. It would have been seen as competition and we would be daily seeing articles comparing the devices, giving MS a lot of publicity, and getting people's attention.

I have no doubt Windows 10 flagship will be great. But Lumia flagships have always been great; it needs to be something groundbreaking at this point. The 'good enough' strategy hasn't been working so great lately.

And also specs alone don't make a phone ground breaking..features! Features make a phone groundbreaking... that's why the Lamia 920 made phone of the year, it was unique and had SEVERAL new features that no other phone had at the time, and since then lumias haven't really gained too many new features, and just have slowly gained better specs like 1080p faster processors, etc...here in the united states yes specs are important but they are not what make a phone groundbreaking, as most consumers don't even know what 2k/4k or snapdragon 800 are... to me good features make a phone groundbreaking alongside good specs, because specs are far from everything when the high end market is ruled by a phone with a 720pscreen and an average processor, withspecs covered up by cute branding (the iPhone and its a8 processor).. the average consumer doesn't walk into Verizon and say I don't want this phone, its display is 1080p and I want 2k or I don't like the snapdragon 68657458 I like the snapdragon 83993586588...my point is the averagesmartphone buyer cares about GOOD LOOKS/DESIGN/BEAUTIFUL PHONE, a crisp clear bright display, smoothness, speed, and cool features/usefulness....not what processor, amount of ram or how many pixels it took to give you that great display, camera, or smooth experience ...a crisp screen and smooth experience is a smooth experience whether its driven by a1080p screen with a s800 processor or a 2k screen with a s801 processor... if that was the case then the iPhone woulve been gone the moment the galaxy s4 came out

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss