Surface phone with windows 10-A true flagship

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
There is a fine line between optimized and optimum. And there is a fine line between optimum and overkill.

hahah where did you get this from?oh you used these lines once already?so whenever you can't answer some questions, you use these lines to evade and cover your back,lol.ya definitely 30MP cam is overkill and 41MP is very optimum.say that to yourself and don't ever claim specs don't matter while waiting for a insanely high specs for your next phone.Now your unnecessary rant looks even more stupid.41MP for a phone is really not necessary, this is not "optimum", picture quality wont even come close to 20MP digital cam,yet you just want high specs on phone regardless of its actual usability.what you said earlier is now perfectly suits you "you are a tech noob who values specs more than actual experience"lol. the specs mentioned in this post are not impossible,People would have laughed if you said you were going to buy 41MP cam phone back in 2007,people said 2GB RAM was impossible on phones,now 4GB RAM is possible,display with 300ppi seemed impossible back then now 736ppi is possible with QHD.and the list goes on,if you think my specs are impossible then it is totally waste of time talking to someone who doesn't understand the reality.There is a fine line between self-righteousness and pig-ignorance.take care pal.

Last edited:

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
We will see who will get his prediction right this autumn

hahaha.hey lets get one thing clear.the specs that I mentioned were not my prediction for next flagship phone.did i say anywhere this WILL be the specs for next MS flagship?these specs are not even for lumia phones.this is a concept model for SURFACE PHONES for god sake.your specs are good enough and reasonable for Lumia 940XL not for surface phones which is supposed to be more powerful same as surface pro tablets.If i were to give a specs for next lumia flagship i would have come up with similar specs as yours.again telling you My specs are NOT for Lumia 940XL.i've been talking about surface phablets all along which is a mini version of surface pro tablets.So there is no point in bringing up a premium surface phablet which is supposed to be as powerful as it's bigger brothers, with lumia specs.what is the point in having different surface phablets with same specs as lumia phones?.that is the reason I gave little high specs for this phablet to be different from lumia flagships.what is the point in discussing eh?,We are not talking on the same level are we?ok i explain you again.
My concept is:
Surface phones=ultra premium, powerful, productivity devices that share common features of surface pro(that's why intel processor instead of Qualcomm,and comes with a pen and physical keyboard).
Lumia phones=high mid-range to low end devices for masses which all share common features(all with qualcomm processors and no pen).I think you got what i meant now.see the OP once again.again it's not my prediction for next flagship.it's a concept.If Microsoft indeed plans to bring surface phones,then these specs are very reasonable.So please read the post properly and understand what it is about before you comment.this is what I call pig-ignorance.

Last edited:

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
One thing we have in common is we are talking about Microsoft Mobile's flagship that will come this autumn.

Whether it will be a Lumia or Surface, it's still Microsoft's flagship

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Whether it will be a Lumia or Surface, it's still Microsoft's flagship

No they are not same.You can't compare lumia with surface.it's like comparing Lumia 2520 with MS surface pro 3.both are MS's flagship tablets so are they both same?.if both are going to be same then what is the point?you want surface pro 3 with L2520 specs?ya thats what your argument is..and again telling you,i am not talking about any phone that comes in this autumn or next autumn,I am talking about a hypothetical concept.it is not even sure whether MS has any idea of making Surface phones or not.Its my opinion that MS should bring a powerful premium surface phablets which would be the best flagship of all smartphones.

Last edited:

Christian Tsika

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
So I have a L1520...and a L1020...and a L920, wound up selling my 925 since it was catered for by the other phones.
All these made during Nokia era. If Microsoft can't incorporate those phones best features then yes that SG6 starts to look good and you really wonder what the next note will pack.

The 1520 has a great battery, 3400 mAh so 4000 mAh is doable if MS deems it necessary.
30MP camera...ya but why go lower than the 1020? 1020 pics are amazing but the hardware really can't do more in terms of point and shoot bit for those who never bought one, borrow a friends 1020 over the weekend.
As we all know the 920 will do amazingly in low light.

I've played around a bit with the '30 series Lumia's but I wouldn't even give my 920 for the 830.
All I am asking for are not ZenPhone specs but the user experience that was delivered when the 920/925/1020/1520 came out.
Believe it or not but when I had a L720 my photos were better than GS2/3 photos.
Lumia phones never needed crazy specs to win us over jus improvements on the shortcomings of previous devices.
Would I buy 1020 with a faster processor for photos, better GPU, and expandable memory even at 4.5" and with the hump...happily...
But that phone had really bad sales numbers so will MS make one, probably not.
The L520 is where MS seems concerned. The highest selling Lumia.

Now that I have been off topic enough for the day, I can say yes bring on the lunacy with specs and all the overkill associated with most flagships and give us a user experience we had come accustomed to, sure a wallpaper on my start screen is cute but those are the things I NEVER use...

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Surface phone concept

Good idea. For the person above that said "Lumia" & "Surface" are separate products because there's iPhone / iPad. Difference is they share a common design. An iPad LOOKS like an iPhone. Apple was smart enough to play off the design of their successful phone to sell more tablets.

Microsoft should consider this. Maybe it can be the "Lumia Pro" or something. Give it a simplified name (drop the stupid numbers) and sell it as the accessory to the Surface Pro Tablet. I wouldn't go so far as to try and make it a "full PC", that's a bit excessive for now I'd say.

Microsoft in their up coming Lumia flagship 940? should follow Samsung and copy the iPhone designs into the Lumia flagship.

Why do this? iPhone sold over 84% of all U.S. Smartphones over $600 in 3rd & 4th quarter of 2014.

negative1ne

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

so basically they took the surface idea and scaled it down, no thanks.

that keyboard would be too small, and useless.

built in hardware keyboards are the only way to do that properly.

later

Grimlock

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

I also think a physical keyboard that small would be incredibly hard to use. Maybe one of those infrared keyboards would be more appropriate.

I think the kickstand is very clever- you can use it in portrait or landscape.

marcosbabu

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't see a physical keyboard working on a <8 pol device. Apart from that, that would be a great dream device! Love the "extended desktop experience" (it depends on the OS, of course), would love (finally) having a good 8 pol device WITH PEN for note taking, and for God's sake keep the kickstand. Such a differential on the Surface line!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss