Lumia 935 : The Ultimate Beast

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 935 : The Ultimate Beast is on its Way..

Microsoft won't be launching a flagship smartphone until later this year.
Nd Lumia 935 is the Flagship***.

The Main Highlight of Microsoft Lumia 935 is 6.9mm thin chassis.
Packs with 31MP PureView Camera, 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display.
Accessories like camera grip, tripod and exchangeable covers are included too.
And the front there's an impressive 8-megapixel photo snapper with wide-angle.
The main camera on the back would also feature Carl Zeiss lens, and Xenon flash.
The camera grip doubles as a battery charger as well, so you can extend the battery life of the Lumia 935.
The dual texture back case is removable.
It should include one of the most powerful chipset on the market.

Check out the Pictures -
Microsoft-Lumia-935-Concept-Packs-31MP-PureView-Camera-Quad-HD-Display-475792-12.jpgMicrosoft-Lumia-935-Concept-Packs-31MP-PureView-Camera-Quad-HD-Display-475792-2.jpgMicrosoft-Lumia-935-Concept-Packs-31MP-PureView-Camera-Quad-HD-Display-475792-3.jpgMicrosoft-Lumia-935-Concept-Packs-31MP-PureView-Camera-Quad-HD-Display-475792-4.jpgMicrosoft-Lumia-935-Concept-Packs-31MP-PureView-Camera-Quad-HD-Display-475792-5.jpgMicrosoft-Lumia-935-Concept-Packs-31MP-PureView-Camera-Quad-HD-Display-475792-6.jpgMicrosoft-Lumia-935-Concept-Packs-31MP-PureView-Camera-Quad-HD-Display-475792-7.jpgMicrosoft-Lumia-935-Concept-Packs-31MP-PureView-Camera-Quad-HD-Display-475792-8.jpgMicrosoft-Lumia-935-Concept-Packs-31MP-PureView-Camera-Quad-HD-Display-475792-9.jpgMicrosoft-Lumia-935-Concept-Packs-31MP-PureView-Camera-Quad-HD-Display-475792-10.jpgMicrosoft-Lumia-935-Concept-Packs-31MP-PureView-Camera-Quad-HD-Display-475792-11.jpg

Will 935 make it big..!!

*** It may called as Lumia 935/940

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Source? Seems fake to me. It looks like someone went an awful lot to make it seem legit. Don't get me wrong, I'll love such a device. But this doesn't look like real to me. My concerns:
No metallic rim
No capacitive keys
They cant possibly fit 31MP pureview sensor with OIS into such a thin profile.

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
If this was real, it's my worst nightmare from a design standpoint (the significant radius of the corners). Fabula design is much more pleasing.

Also do not understand going with 935 as the name.

Call me crazy, but I think that it would actually look better with more bezel.

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Source? Seems fake to me. It looks like someone went an awful lot to make it seem legit. Don't get me wrong, I'll love such a device. But this doesn't look like real to me. My concerns:
No metallic rim
No capacitive keys
They cant possibly fit 31MP pureview sensor with OIS into such a thin profile.

I too agree with you. But many benefits of this 935 concept is that you can fit high-end specs into very slim bodies..
So its possible to include such a big module camera in a 6.9mm thin chassis

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
If this was real, it's my worst nightmare from a design standpoint (the significant radius of the corners). Fabula design is much more pleasing.

Also do not understand going with 935 as the name.

Call me crazy, but I think that it would actually look better with more bezel.

I agree, a little more bezel might actually look better, and hey, throw in USB 3.1 Type-C. ;)

Lee Power

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Really needs to be a 5" screen OR offer 2 different screen sizes. I have enough stuff to jam in my pockets without phones getting even bigger. Lumia 930 is ideal size for me.

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Here's something I just came across which relates to this thread. Didn't see a point in starting a new thread:

Microsoft Lumia 940 Rumors: Get Ready For The Ultimate Flagship! Upcoming Windows 10 Phone Might Feature Iris Sensor And Dock
Microsoft Lumia 940 Rumors: Get Ready For The Ultimate Flagship! Upcoming Windows 10 Phone Might Feature Iris Sensor And Dock : Trending News : Franchise Herald

........ According to a source of Fudzilla, Microsoft will add some innovative features on its flagship which include a biometric sensor.

While most flagships have a fingerprint sensor, the Lumia 940 will highlight an iris sensor for biometric authentication. The iris sensor is said to work on low light condition as it relies on near-infrared imaging.

Another feature that may lure Android users to switch on this upcoming flagship will be its docking station feature.

Though there is limited information about its dock functionalities, Fudzilla believes that it might feature with connected accessories, or will work as a standalone computer like the Motorola Atrix.

Meanwhile, IB Times added that the upcoming Lumia 940 has the capabilities to detect whether a user is left or right handed with some of its sensor and added applications.

Specs wise, the upcoming Lumia 940 will be armed by a Qualcomm chipset. In a leaked spec sheet, it was revealed that the Lumia 940 will be powered by 28nm Snapdragon 805, but the latest 20nm Snapdragon 810 might be a better choice.

It is also expected to pack a 20MP or 30MP camera with three LED flash.

We'll keep you updated about the Lumia 940 official specs and features. Stay tuned!

If the renders in the OP are accurate, I'd buy it. Looks nice. I think with each generation the exterior of the phone needs to change a bit.

My 800 was square edged, sharp corners but with a beveled along the sides, my 925 was thin yet rounded corners with bevel all around, while my wife's 1320, my secondary 625 both have a flat face to the edges with a half bevel leading to the back and rounded corners.

Now my 930 and my mother in law's 630 have squared off edges + a taper all around with rounded corners.... A style I prefer from the x2x series phones..... But I still like to try out new things and to be honest, those renders do seem a bit on the phone-sexy side of things.

It's kind of going back to the 1320/625 style edge-to-back, but the front is done nicely and the screen takes up much of the area with little wastage. That main camera looks nice too. 30MP? An extra 10 to my 930's certainly won't hurt and it looks formidable compared to my tiny little lens on my 930, while at the same time not being a big honking lens like the 1020.

Not possible to fit such a lens in that sized phone? Anything is possible and a lot has changed since the 1020 era. My 925 had only an 8.7MP yet protruded out of the back of the phone a bit while also being a larger diameter. My 930 is 20MP, doesn't protrude and is much smaller in diameter than the 925's.

I'd say 30mp is very possible. Just looking at the diameter of the lens shown as well as how much it protrudes vs the lens on a 930 & being 20MP.....

Nokia-Lumia-930-PureView-Camera-620x290.jpg

8MP in the front?

Again, very possible as the render showing the front lens looks similar in size as the 8MP that was in my 800.

One thing I did notice though is that these renders do not show any additional microphones like the 930 has for that extra special audio recording you can get.

Last edited:

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Personally I wouldn't buy this, s it seems to obviously ripped off from the look of the iPhone with the radius of the corners, and I don't think the bezelless edges match the phone at all.

I'll wait for whatever Microsoft come up with.

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Personally I wouldn't buy this, s it seems to obviously ripped off from the look of the iPhone with the radius of the corners, and I don't think the bezelless edges match the phone at all.

I'll wait for whatever Microsoft come up with.

You realize everything you mentioned about the radius corners and everything is found on existing Lumias right?
lumia-1320.jpg

If anything, iPhone ripped off Lumias and Galaxys

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't like design of this phone, round corners make it looks cheap in my eyes, asociate me with 640, 535,etc. I would like it with sharper corners, like 830, 1520, etc.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

anon(5725119)

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
QHD is unnecessary, just a battery drain. 1080p is fine for phones. Of course, there's people who demand QHD simply because it's "better".
Screen should be 5 inches as well, and maybe 6 for a 935 XL or something.

EDIT: maybe a 6 inch phone would benefit from a QHD screen. I've never used one. It would have a bigger battery too.

Shobin Drogan

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
QHD is unnecessary, just a battery drain. 1080p is fine for phones. Of course, there's people who demand QHD simply because it's "better".
Well said. I'm really glad to know that HTC and Apple aren't ignorant enough to fall into that "more is better" mindset that Samsung endlessly chases after.
I personally think even for phablets, 441ppi on phones is WAY more than enough.
Also not many people even hold their phones closer than 6 inches to their eyes which makes it all that even more pointless.

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Look at the radius of those corners, no way too large. It looks ... fugly to me.

I don't get it. The radius is almost the exact same as what is shown in the 1320. The only difference is that the 1320 is larger than the rendered 935/40 which would make the radius appear larger than it really is on the 935/40.

Either way, to each their own.

If people don't like the way the 940 looks, there's always the 1030/40 or the chance of the 1530/40.
1030_fan_render_3.jpg

1420736160_lumia-1530-concept-microsoft-needs-to-build-this-469341-2.jpg

Or the Surface Phone
Surface_phone-1200-80.jpg

Maybe they'll come out with the Lumia 3000. It'll be a Microsoft Band-Like device for your wrist, half the size of a normal Band and uses the HoloLens Technology to project your tiles and apps in mid-air which you can interact with right in front of you. Never having to worry about scratching or smashing your display again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05