What am I missing out on?

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
So - "app gap" ... "app gap" ... yadda yadda

It's all I hear. Apparently has a Windows Phone user I'm missing out on a whole wealth of apps. They tell me it's like being blind, and suddenly being able to see.

So, please... make me see. What EXACTLY am I missing out on? *heavy sarcasm*

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
So - "app gap" ... "app gap" ... yadda yadda

It's all I hear. Apparently has a Windows Phone user I'm missing out on a whole wealth of apps. They tell me it's like being blind, and suddenly being able to see.

So, please... make me see. What EXACTLY am I missing out on? *heavy sarcasm*

Emulator games.

Also if someone tells you that you're blind to other OS', they're probably the blind one

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Realistically, there is an app gap of sorts. Just looking at numbers, you will find that to be true. But, we all know that a very large number of the apps in the App Store and Google Play Store are redundant copies of other apps or just plain useless. The real issue, in my opinion, is the quality of the apps in the Windows Store. There are some very high-quality apps there, but there are also many more throw-away apps in the store that never see updates...I'm looking at KIK, Snap Chat, etc, etc. Don't get me wrong. I'm really ok with what we have, but the apps in the Windows Store really do need to get to the level of the competitors quickly.

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Emulator games.

Also if someone tells you that you're blind to other OS', they're probably the blind one

That reminds me! There was one app I really wanted for Windows Phone that I used to have on Android. A Nintendo 64 emulator! However, it's honestly not a big deal for me. Windows Phone is enough of a bliss that I'd still use it if it had NO apps other than build in ones.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
A pretty big share of creative apps, games, specific apps like Autodesk, PhotoShop Touch, etc.. , social network apps.. Mostly likely missing the latest version of apps, missing better UI, missing app's features, missing app performance.. Google, Yahoo, etc..
Even Microsoft apps are better on Android and iOS at the moment.

On the other hand Windows Phone owns pretty big share of apps that are exclusive to WP and are perfect while there are no better alternatives on Android for example.

However there is nothing that serious, but things could be improved.

Looking forward to W10 and more Universals apps which win!

I own both so no bias here..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077