[Concept] Windows Phone 10 Concept! (New Start Screen, Action Center and "Hubs")

m3tv

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys! This is my concept of how i think and would Windows Phone 10 to look like! I really love (parts) of the IOS and Android Lollipop UI! There are things i would take from both and implement them into our wonderful Windows Phone platform which HAD the best UI but now feels a bit dated. This is a way to keep the taste of windows phone with what i like to call Transparency UI. Take a look and give me some feedback, it's not done yet but i'd live to hear your thoughts. Now without further adieu here's.....
Lumia-1520-Windows-10.jpg

The first part of this re-design is the start screen, my favorite part of windows phones has to be the start screen and i just add a little bit of a mix of the Windows Phone 10 Technical preview transparency with the Windows Phone 8.1 start screen design. Also added a bit of the Material design from Android L.

H.PNG

The Next Part is the new Action Center. With extra Cortana integration, Expandable Notifications and Reply-able Emails and Texts. Also added in a bit of an IOS 8-esque transparency and blurring. Just a tad

A.PNG

Now for THE HUB, which is my Windows Phone version of the IOS Control Center but BETTER with A lot more features. We have the default hub, similar to the regular control center on IOS. You get to adjust your brightness and volume(s), a toggle to turn on/off Wifi without going to Settings. Access to Light, Lock (incase your lock button doesn't work anymore like me) and Calculator (all buttons are customizable). Once you start playing Music or watching a music vi Than you have your Media Hub for all things music with quick access to everything you need! Just swipe to the right and you have your Xbox Hub. A place you can access your Xbox Friends, Xbox Activity, Recent games and Apps, SmartGlass, Remote Control and record your Xbox wirelessly and effortlessly as well as an easy access to your FULL Xbox app with the Launch button at the top right! More Hubs will be coming.

H1.PNGH2.PNGXH.PNG

Thank you for reading, let me know what you think about all of this and maybe even make a User Voice for it? Let me know

Scouseman

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Gorgeous. I really dislike the new tile look on windows 10 because it covers the background. This is what it should look like. hard to believe they came up with a way of having a unified background not broken up by tiles and then decided to cover it up. This is excellent :)

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Gorgeous. I really dislike the new tile look on windows 10 because it covers the background. This is what it should look like. hard to believe they came up with a way of having a unified background not broken up by tiles and then decided to cover it up. This is excellent :)

The new background option is well, OPTIONAL. An option that I personally prefer when done tastefully (which is subjective).You still have the option to use the 8.0/8.1 style UI in Windows 10 for phones. Shadows under tiles? No thanks. There's nothing flat or modern about that.

@ OP, as for the music hub,which is straight from iOS 7+. Something to consider, how would this work with phones with on-screen Back / Home / Search buttons that are set to auto-hide & unhide with a swipe up?

AshBayt

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
My honest opinion here:
I think this guy copied way TOO much from Apple's book. The hub on bottom reminds me a lot of control center or whatever it's called. And the shadows don't fit in with the flat, modern look Microsoft is going for. Sorry but there's nice WP10 concepts out there.

m3tv

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
My honest opinion here:
I think this guy copied way TOO much from Apple's book. The hub on bottom reminds me a lot of control center or whatever it's called. And the shadows don't fit in with the flat, modern look Microsoft is going for. Sorry but there's nice WP10 concepts out there.

Thanks for your input, really appreciate it. Keep in mind everyone's going for flat now a days and shadows can still work with that. But thanks again 😊

m3tv

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site

Thank you! I agree, I don't really like the new Windows 10 start screen. Is personally take this one over the current Windows 10 start screen. 😊