Got tired of waiting for apps and games.

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
If I were going to have 1 iOS/Android and 1 Windows device, I'd do it the other way around. I'd use an Android phone or iPhone with a Windows tablet. Both iPhone and Android phone are more capable than a WP, and a Windows tablet is more capable than an iPad/Android tablet.

You're choosing the lesser of both devices!

Exactly! I've had the S6 for 3 days now and already have had 2 Twitter updates when WP is still waiting! I miss the typing accuracy though.

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
My coworker just picked up the note 4... Don't like it one bit! I does run real smooth but not wp smooth ? My 1520 to seems much crisper. And im trying to like the note! I'll just buy another 1520 of eBay till new phones. Maybe s6 is better ill have to go to store and check one out

As much as I love WP I'm pretty disappointed with it atm. I've always previously had Nokia phones but I'm dumbstruck by the sheer number of apps in the Play store! And I've finally got all those local apps I needed. The perfect phone would have WP UI, Android app selection and iPhone background task handling but having said that I'm not regretting the S6 at all.

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I really enjoyed my Android when I first got it too, but it was short lived. Come back in 8-10 months and let us know how it is holding up.

It'll be longer than that unless MS does something incredible with W10. I think they will desktop wise but I have the preview on a spare 925 and it's fairly unimpressive. I will admit one thing though, I miss Cortana badly lol

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Got the Note 4 and like it. Kept my ICON to see how Win 10 will be and guess what, no Win 10 for the 930 and ICON until later. Will keep my ICON incase I start to dislike the Note 4.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Exactly! I've had the S6 for 3 days now and already have had 2 Twitter updates when WP is still waiting! I miss the typing accuracy though.
Have you tried SwiftKey? That's the keyboard I use on Android. It's much better than the stock Google keyboard.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Got the Note 4 and like it. Kept my ICON to see how Win 10 will be and guess what, no Win 10 for the 930 and ICON until later. Will keep my ICON incase I start to dislike the Note 4.

I have both a 925 and 930 so I was lucky to get it on my 925 but ur not missing much as it's buggy AF

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I do have a question though. You know how Lumia has MyFreeApp, is there n equivalent for Android?

Sent from my SM-G920I

Last edited:

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Maybe its just me but between Facebook, twitter, vine, Skype, qik, what's app, and a gambit of other social media outlets, I'm not heartbroken over not having Snap chat. I can create my own live tile for my Navy Federal access, and I like cloud raiders, and AOE better than clash of clans.

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Maybe its just me but between Facebook, twitter, vine, Skype, qik, what's app, and a gambit of other social media outlets, I'm not heartbroken over not having Snap chat. I can create my own live tile for my Navy Federal access, and I like cloud raiders, and AOE better than clash of clans.
Yep and that's fine but there's alot of people who aren't fine with that and MS are missing out from all those people who aren't fine with it. There's not alot MS can do about it either because of Evan Spiegel the ***! Heaps of people are monetising Snapchat and MS are missing out on that too!

Sent from my SM-G920I

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I really enjoyed my Android when I first got it too, but it was short lived. Come back in 8-10 months and let us know how it is holding up.

Same can be said about WP, there is only so much the UI can do to keep your interest over wanting apps that are necessary and notifications that work all the time. If you're a phone enthusiast and NOT A ******, you'll likely get bored of each OS and swap between them until you find the one that meets the most of your needs.

For the guys who just like to attack Android and iOS unnecessarily, its clear where your brand loyalty sits. For the rest of us you can converse about all 3 platforms and accept each has their own advantages/disadvantages, its a matter of civil debates and opinions. Of WPC, AC and iMore...WPC is by far the most sensitive bunch, especially the hardcore fanboys who get angry at every single negative complaint regarding WP. Go to the AC, at least the users can openly admit to faults and bugs without going all ape crap.

Why do i still visit WPC? Because im a mobile technology fan (in general), i really do like WP.

Is Android a better OS? For me, and it looks like boxa may be a fan as well (but that could change).

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm definitely a fan at the moment. I pretty much got the S6 coz I'm one of those people who has to have the latest and greatest lol if MS had of made a flagship I may of stayed but I I doubt it. I'm totally disillusioned with Microsoft's strategy, to the point where I may as well develop for Android and iOS bcoz that's what Microsoft are doing! And as much as I miss Cortana (I don't really coz I have a 925 and 930) she will probably be on Android soon anyway. I don't really have a preference although I like WP UI the best. I just go with whatever works for me, until it stops working for me. That makes me an enthusiast 😉

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Of WPC, AC and iMore...WPC is by far the most sensitive bunch, especially the hardcore fanboys who get angry at every single negative complaint regarding WP.

As someone who frequents all 3 of these forums (and uses all 3 platforms) I certainly agree with this. I do think there's an explainable reason for sensitivity here though: WP is currently the underdog. It's not taken off like we all thought it would. WP fans probably feel like the shortest kid in the class; often picked on and disrespected. I think the fanboys of the other platforms need to cool it as well. My mom used to tell me and my siblings that it takes two to fight!

All 4 major platforms (counting BlackBerry) have their strengths and their weaknesses. We're probably creating the pecking order by our preference, our experiences, and/or current market share.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Same can be said about WP, there is only so much the UI can do to keep your interest over wanting apps that are necessary and notifications that work all the time.
What I was referring too was performance, not UI. I have not seen any Android, regardless of OS version, not get buggy after about the 8-10 month mark. The same applies for Blackberry. But I have a Lumia 920, 928, iPhone 4S and 5 on my desk that performance wise has been top notch since day one.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
What I was referring too was performance, not UI. I have not seen any Android, regardless of OS version, not get buggy after about the 8-10 month mark. The same applies for Blackberry. But I have a Lumia 920, 928, iPhone 4S and 5 on my desk that performance wise has been top notch since day one.
Unfortunately for me, my 920 got the "resuming" bug. I wasn't able to fix it.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

I've seen both WP and Android get buggy, and I've seen both run forever without requiring a reset. Once I got a little over 1,700 hours of up time on my Nexus 5 with KitKat. That's 70 days! On Android, I've only seen buggy ROMs when they're custom ROMs. I've not yet experienced a buggy stock ROM.

I've never had a BlackBerry device, and I've not used an iOS longer than a month or 2 at a time, so I can't speak to those. YMMV on any device.

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

My 930 sometimes got buggy AF! All phones go thru it occasionally but you'll probably see it less now alot of phones are 64bit. My S6 (which is 64bit) was buggy the 1st day but now is as smooth as any WP I've had and I've had a few (520, 620, 820, 925 and 930).

final_fantasy781

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Sadly, I'm going to be moving to Apple iPhone. I'm sorry but I can't help when my brother, being a ****, tells me he can play a game that I've been keeping up on. Like Hearthstone, which went onto Android and iPhone yesterday. I'm sick of having to hear about games I've wanted to play and they avoid Windows Phone like it was a slutty ROM or something. Hearthstone may be developed for Windows Phone but not until a third party developer decides to go behind Blizzard's back in 2018.

I hate iPhone and Android but iPhone needs more supporters than Windows Phone, sort of. Windows Phone and to my Icon, I love you but seriously, there is nothing you can do about this app-gap, and Windows 10 will not make it any better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)