Why wants to Bring Snapchat to Windows phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Re: Bring Snapchat to windows phone

Petitions, Twitter storms, support desk flooding and ranting elsewhere every few hours doesn't seem to be working (quel surprise, when you're dealing with arrogance, they seldom do).
i've said it before, and I'll say it again - follow the money.
There's VC's pouring billions into a company with no monetisation, nor public plan to start generating revenue. That Itchy Spangle dude is writing his own large pay cheque each month with other people's money.
Those investors are the ones to contact and make a case to. And it needs to be a better case than whatever tat Ivory Sphincter has sold them on.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

Things could change, but I wouldn't recommend holding your breath...

In the next 24 months I see an errant new member of Windows Central posting a new thread asking the question:
Whatever happened to Snapchat?

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

In the next 24 months I see an errant new member of Windows Central posting a new thread asking the question:
Whatever happened to Snapchat?

Not just windows phone I can see snapchat getting overtaken by the next new generation of app. We saw it with Bebo years ago then Mr Zukerberg came along with facebook and Bebo became obsolete. Even though Bebo is coming back its not gonna be the same. It happened with Napster getting over taken by iTunes and or Limewire. Ha ha even Limewire got over taken by uTorrent. Snapchat better beware because some truly ticked off windows phone user/developer will overtake them.

Rudy Huyn should develop his own snapchat rival. He has proven that he can do incredible work I have no doubt that he could make its competitor.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

The tech landscape is littered with the corpses of "must have" devices and services that failed to keep up the spirit of innovation that made them what they are. It didn't help that a lot of them urinated money up the wall all day, every day.
You're exactly right - today's Snapchat is tomorrow's MySpace.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

The tech landscape is littered with the corpses of "must have" devices and services that failed to keep up the spirit of innovation that made them what they are. It didn't help that a lot of them urinated money up the wall all day, every day.
You're exactly right - today's Snapchat is tomorrow's MySpace.

That's deep! Very poetic.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

To be truthful, in a matter of days Whatsapp could wipe Snapchat off the face of the earth if they added a feature that is basically Snapchat.

Whatsapp is already on all major and some minor OS phones. Self deleting pictures that you can doodle on would be an easy add.

If I were you people who want Snapchat, I would direct your energy to getting Whatsapp to add Snap like features.

If the flock moves away from Snachat, they will crumble and fall into the waste bin.

I'm surprised one of the already well rooted chat apps haven't set a target on Snap yet.

encorelui2

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site

To be truthful, in a matter of days Whatsapp could wipe Snapchat off the face of the earth if they added a feature that is basically Snapchat.

Whatsapp is already on all major and some minor OS phones. Self deleting pictures that you can doodle on would be an easy add.

If I were you people who want Snapchat, I would direct your energy to getting Whatsapp to add Snap like features.

If the flock moves away from Snachat, they will crumble and fall into the waste bin.

I'm surprised one of the already well rooted chat apps haven't set a target on Snap yet.

Never even thought of it that way, and yet it makes so much sense. Correct me if I am wrong, isn't WhatsApp older on the market than snap hat? We all know I has more users, so they could realistically incorporate a similar or at least competing feature.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Not really since Snapchat is still the incumbent and merely mimicking it's functionality won't do too much to compel users to switch.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

There's VC's pouring billions into a company with no monetisation, nor public plan to start generating revenue. That Itchy Spangle dude is writing his own large pay cheque each month with other people's money.
Those investors are the ones to contact and make a case to. And it needs to be a better case than whatever tat Ivory Sphincter has sold them on.

The monetization is of course information like most social media/interactive apps. They may not keep the content of your 'chats' but I'm pretty sure they know how many you sent, to who, how often, general content etc...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Just a question mods, why do we continue to have this nonsense posted? I mean how many threads do we have to see on Snapchat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss