Anyone like a physical qwerty

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
This is precisely the reason I hung on to my 1520. As Belfiore stated, we'll need new hardware for Continuum but I don't feel the urge to do desktop work on a mobile display just yet. Very good day to be a Microsoft fan.

And why I've been buying budget phones, holding out for the day when someone is smart enough to combine the technology that we already have on hand and make it useful like this. Just like PC sales were hurt by laptops and tablets, laptop and tablet sales could someday end up being hurt by Win10 Phones. Imagine that. Puts it right back in Microsoft's pocket.

nTrud3r

May 2, 2015
Visit site
A physical keyboard isn't my type of thing. They either take up valuable screen space or make the phone longer and not-pocket-friendly, or they make the phone bulkier if you're on about a slide-out.

negative1ne

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I had a feature phone (square shaped) from verizon previously.

I switched to windows phone 7.5 LG optimus, with a slider keyboard:
ATT-LG-Optimus-Windows-Phone-7-Smartphone-keyboard.jpg

Got this a few years ago, and I have updated it to 7.8 , and thanks
to the awesome ZUNE music, and the keyboard, i will never switch
or upgrade to another phone, unless it has similar features.

i have yet to find one that is windows phone, that can match this one.

later

Eskibo

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm a Passport user and it's the best regarding productivity. My only problem is apps though - i know android apps can be sideloaded, but they run badly. Skype, mobile banking apps, lync 2013, google maps etc etc all perform horribly.
A windows moible 10 device with a similar form factor as the Lumia 940XL would steal gold!

Mike Dominski

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually wondering if someone were to try and use an iPhone Bluetooth keyboard case and retrofit it to a windows phone if it will actually function since its Bluetooth.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually wondering if someone were to try and use an iPhone Bluetooth keyboard case and retrofit it to a windows phone if it will actually function since its Bluetooth.

Yep, it will work. I'd rather have a WP like the Dell Venue Pro, BlackBerry Passport, or Palm Pre 3

Mike Dominski

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I had a passport for a few months. Keyboard and screen and the look of the phone was awesome. You can't beat the feel of a physical keyboard. Unfortunately the app market was actually worse than windows. Yeah it had amazon and you could install and run any apk but most of the android apps wouldn't even start. Or they were missing features, force closing randomly. It was a mess. I traded it for a oneplus and ever since I've been missing a physical keyboard.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I had a passport for a few months. Keyboard and screen and the look of the phone was awesome. You can't beat the feel of a physical keyboard. Unfortunately the app market was actually worse than windows. Yeah it had amazon and you could install and run any apk but most of the android apps wouldn't even start. Or they were missing features, force closing randomly. It was a mess. I traded it for a oneplus and ever since I've been missing a physical keyboard.

Maybe if Microsoft buys BlackBerry they'll push a WP firmware for the Passport haha.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes to Physical QWERTY.

No to a Surface style Type Cover. Why? You can't use it with the phone simply supported in your hands.

I'm a hunt and peck typist so the size of a physical QWERTY on a phone doesn't hinder me. I still get 30 wpm typing the philistine way. I don't think, even with Word Flow and autosuggest, I come near that.

I've used Portrait and Landscape keyboards of the slider type and fixed Portrait in a Bar form, also the Backflip...

IMHO, the Nokia E7-00 is the schmexiest Form Factor God Michelangelo Phone Designers ever produced. Generous Landscape key sizing, longer, more pagelike line lengths on a Landscape oriented screen and that uptilt to the screen when deployed... *sigh* I never had one but still wish I had one now. Give me that Form Factor with a modern OS and my money is yours.

Nokia-E7-00-7.jpg

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
DVP was one of the last qwerty I enjoyed. Its better for typing. Before that, I had sidekick, which was King of qwerty to me, better than BB phones

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Physical keyboard ist stupid. Most people speak at least two languages (native+English). nuff said
I'm bilingual and physical keyboards don't hinder me in any way. Turn off auto-correct and you're done. Same can be said for virtual keyboards, or are they stupid too?

Sent from my LG G3 via Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05