What FEATURES do you want to see come to future flagship Lumias

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Lumia's have somewhat been lacking quality features since the 920 days...the 920 debuted ( or at least had wat was mostly brand new to have to most) clearblack display, puremotion hd, qi charging, Carl Zeiss lens, pureview tech, OIS on a phone, great low light capabilities, super sensitive touch, and had a really durable design that for the most part didn't need a case in order to stay fresh..( off topic but does anyone else miss having speakers on the bottom? Lol)

But anyway since the 920, all we've seen in Lumia flagships have been higher specs ,almost imitating the petty specs race android has had going on ..( overly high unnecessary ppi that aren't even noticeable, larger screens, and slim designs that can be hard to handle and not to mention weak, and stupid gimmicks like a half working heart rate sensor,and a finger print sensor that isn't even good (apples was fine))...Nokia hasn't really done gimmicks though.the 930 and 1520 pretty much just brought higher resolutions, batteries,screen size and speed..

this isn't a rant because the 930 and 1520 are great...I just wanna hear what ideas you guys might have as to what features we should see with the upcoming Lumia flagships...
3d touch?
Days long battery life?
Solar charging?
Bendable displays?( like a phone that can be bent into a curve so it can be worn as a smart band?)
Basically stuff that'll could change up the smartphone game

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Those features you mentioned were real game-changers (courtesy of the 920/1020) that only recent flagships on any OS, has started to surpass.... two years later!!! Innovative is good but if ain't practical it becomes a gimmick

Surely all the specs will be bumped up, but the real innovation I see is not what the flagships can do on its own but how it can transform itself into a PC with the right peripherals... my fingers are twitching already..

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Some kind of game changing battery life innovation, like week long battery. Shatter proof display. I've never broken mine but I'm constantly worried about it. And even though some phones already have it, a water proof WP would be nice.

Finally DO NOT remove built in wireless charging or Glance going forward!

BIackGoId

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I'd like a flagship that had a curved display like the S6 Edge except NOT as curved, only slightly curved just enough to give you that edgeless look.
-Iris Scanner.
This has been buzzing very slightly, if the next flagships came out with this, Microsoft would be on fire. If they wait too long, Apple or Android is gonna beat us to it and add it onto one of their flagships and then they'll get all that credit.
This is a huge step above face recognition, or a fingerprint scanner. This is an IRIS Scanner. Meaning it'll scan your eyes. If you've seen any Sci-Fi movies you already know how crazy this is gonna be. So with that being said...

-We don't need or want a fingerprint scanner.
The second Microsoft announces a flagship with a fingerprint scanner every apple/android is gonna run their mouth about Microsoft copying who. Its stupid, but hello!? IRIS SCANNER.

-3D Touch.
I don't know if this will even be necessary, but **** it. I don't even care if Microsoft's Cityman will cost more than a brand new iPhone, they need to go all out and give us a crazy flagship.
Just look at how hot the Lumia 1020 was! There are so many videos on YouTube of people playing with the camera, there was so much coverage on it. People were going crazy. 41 Megapixels? Do you remember how astounded you were when you first saw the announcement/advertisement?!
Imagine how things will be with 3D Touch, or the Iris Scanner. We need this.

-Remote Play.
Sony has it with their phones, they can use Sony Phones to display their PS4 game as they play it and all that (like using it as the tv), why can't we do that with Xbox One and Windows Phone? I already feel like the two lack companionship. You can't connect them directly and do anything besides charge your phone. All you can do is the same **** you can do with Apple or Android, load up the Xbox app and do the typical SmartGlass crap.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Battery life, battery life, battery life.

WiFi direct

USB 3.0 connectivity.

Make wireless charging universal; meaning it supports both Qi and PMA standards.

Chromecast support along with Miracast.

Higher internal memory. 32GB is starting to become the low end (at least when compared to iPhones).

I think the 5" screen size for non-phablets is just right. No more than 6" for phablets.

A greater range of colors but not the neon green, yellow, or orange. Maybe match the color choices SP3 and Surface 3 users can get with the type cover.

Bluetooth remote capable.

anon(8141431)

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
my ideal phone will have

a 5 inch awesome OLED display with deep blacks , great viewing angles and wonderful sunlight readability.
Metal side with a smooth, soft polycarbonate back.
A flush camera which is awesomer than awesomest out there.
A front facing camera which'll make me look like an angel.
Faster than the fastest phone.
Slim with an awesome feel-in-hand
great battery life.
Just bright enough for the moment. Not too dim, not too bright.
128 GB of storage with SD card support.
NFC, Wireless charging, Dolby Support etc.

And of course, Windows Mobile

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Combine all the great Lumia features; Glance, sunlight readability, wireless charging, removable battery, SD card support. Great battery life, even at the expense of some added thickness. Support for Windows hello. Waterproof would be awesome. Even though phones keep getting bigger, I'd like to have a version with a 4.5-5" display.

Eabin Sai

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Want a dedicated notification led light or at least instead of that Ms logo on back it can have a led light in that logo it will be cool..and usb port to plug pen drive directly like in Nokia N8 phone

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, notification light would be good! Especially if it was RGB and could be different colors for different apps.

Would also like an IR port so we could have a universal remote app(s).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo