What Region Are You From?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What Region are you from? Let's see where our user base on the forum is located in terms of phone users...

Vote in the Poll and help represent your Region. Microsoft breaks it down into 6 areas: Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, Middle East and North America.

What special challenges do you think Windows Phone has in your Region or Country? Do you think Windows Phone has any special advantages where you live?

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
What special challenges do you think Windows Phone has in your Region or Country?
Carrier exclusives, lack of flagship device, lack of apps from well-known US businesses (banks, stores, restaurants)
Do you think Windows Phone has any special advantages where you live?
It has a better chance to get noticed, since it is unique, compared to all the Samsungs and iPhones. It is something that could start a new trend, if one likes to be cutting-edge.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
To help clarify the Regions are officially comprised of the following countries...

Africa
Algeria, Angola, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Libya, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia

Asia Pacific
Australia, Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Nepal, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam

Europe
Albania, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, .Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, .Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Uzbekistan

Latin America
Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Columbia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua. Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela

Middle East
Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Palestinian Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen

North America
Canada, United States of America

Is your country left off the lists? How do you get your Windows Phones? Local retailer? Web site? Do you have to import them yourself?

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
LOLz... I'm on the last place on the lists. North America, United States of America.

Despite being the home of the freaking thing, I don't think Windows Phone gets any respect here from the carriers, the citizenry or the blogs. Everybody is all look at my iDroid Galaxy Pad. Faddish to a fault. I hardly ever see a Windows Phone in someone's hands other than my own and I suspect getting Windows Phone hardware may be easier in the third world.

When I was in Italy last year, Windows Phone seemed to be on equal footing with Android and iOS there in terms of visibility and carrier support. Here I feel like I'm carrying around some plague infested item that scares people.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Maybe some day the drudgery of being a Windows mobile fan will fade.

We have a couple of A-devices.
Our hearts really do lay with the Microsoft way of doing things though.

Maybe someone at MS will stand up and slap some sense into people up in the cockpit.

Noman Shaam

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm from Pakistan. I'm using Lumia 532. I'm getting a problem with keyboard. there is no Urdu keyboard in it. we want so.
i love ❤ windows phone. these are good. But so difficult to use.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
To help clarify the Regions are officially comprised of the following countries...

Africa
Algeria, Angola, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Libya, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia

Asia Pacific
Australia, Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Nepal, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam

Europe
Albania, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, .Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, .Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Uzbekistan

Latin America
Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Columbia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua. Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Uruguay, Venezuela

Middle East
Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Palestinian Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen

North America
Canada, United States of America

Is your country left off the lists? How do you get your Windows Phones? Local retailer? Web site? Do you have to import them yourself?

You forgot Trinidad and Tobago :(

Laurence_Leong

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
From Asia Pacific (Malaysia)
First Microsoft physical store (in Asia pacific) is going to open in KLCC(Petronas Twin Tower) this Saturday!! Pretty Excited, Proud to be Malaysian!!

?Non of my friend using Windows phone =_=
? Android have a strong ground here especially with the invasion of mid-range budget phone from China manufactures like XiaoMi, Lenovo and Oppo too
?iPhone, I guess pretty much the same all over the world

Personal opinion
- Implementation of GST and recession of MYR currency rate will have further impact on the sales
- Lumia 640/Xl is good but quite pricy compared to the spec offered by other android manufacture (understand that windows OS might not be resources hungry like android)

Still feeling tough for windows phone to gain ground here.. Although there are almost 1 nokia store in every large shopping mall

There are no telco offer plan for Lumia devices in Malaysia (not that I know)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm from Pakistan. I'm using Lumia 532. I'm getting a problem with keyboard. there is no Urdu keyboard in it. we want so.
i love ❤ windows phone. these are good. But so difficult to use.

I wonder if an intrepid Developer might be able to implement an Urdu keyboard? Have you tried asking in the Developer Forums?
Developers Corner - Windows Central Forums

With approximately 105 million native users that is perhaps not a high enough percentage of world population to put Urdu on the fast track for Microsoft language support, but an indie developer might want to take a run at it. I'm really not sure about the APIs involved so I'm only speculating they will be able to get a keyboard to call up for certain apps like messaging and email... ?

You forgot Trinidad and Tobago :(

Sorry about that... I simply copied the countries over from these lists: Software update for Lumia with Windows Phone 8 - Microsoft - Global

I had to assume you receive Regional Models there and Microsoft does not make a variant for your country or any carriers operating there. However I do now find a Country Variant for Trinidad Tobago accounted for on the registry lists: https://dev.windowsphone.com/en-US/...n/Registry_values_for_carrier-unlocked_phones and even one carrier variant... https://dev.windowsphone.com/en-US/OEM/docs/Customization/Registry_values_for_mobile_operator_IDs

I'll go ahead and add Trinidad and Tobago to the above list...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99