View Poll Results: Glance... Yes, No, I Don't Care?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have got to have my Glance and can not live without it.

39 68.42%
  • I can't stand Glance I wish you people would stop talking about it.

1 1.75%
  • I don't even know why I'm voting in a Glance poll, I don't care either way.

17 29.82%
05-09-2015 04:39 PM
91 1234
tools
    I used to think it was awesome... I also was assuming they would evolve it like Active Display on the Moto X line where you can actually tap on a notification and get more info. That was by far my most favorite feature of the Moto Xs.... The hardware stopped me from using it... bad battery/camera...

Alas they never improved it so I no longer really care about it.
    snowmutt likes this.
    05-06-2015 02:41 PM
    Glance.

Do you love it? Need it? Won't buy another phone without it?

Hate it? Don't want it? The OS should get rid of it?

What's that? Meh...
    Glance was implemented better on the Symbian / Nokia 808. Glance on WP is still pretty responsive, at least with the Lumia 925 that is ...
    Got to love the weather peeking feature on Glance! Gave me hope in MS and the future of WP :')
    RumoredNow and snowmutt like this.
    05-06-2015 02:51 PM
    I recently purchased an iPhone and will be returning it-- (one) on the list of reasons for returning is that it doesn't have Glance. I confess though that I didn't really appreciate Glance until I didn't have it. But I appreciate it now!
    RumoredNow and snowmutt like this.
    05-06-2015 03:38 PM
    I really don't know how to vote on this poll because it seems so "all or nothing" on the choices and I just don't fit in any of them. I like glance, a lot more than I expected to, but I certainly don't NEED it. But it is nice to not have to even press the power button to see if I've had any missed calls or texts and it's nice to have the rotating images with Glance Background Beta.

It certainly would not be a decision point in getting a new phone, but I do use it and like it on my 920.
    RumoredNow, snowmutt and anthonyng like this.
    05-06-2015 04:01 PM
    I really don't know how to vote on this poll because it seems so "all or nothing" on the choices and I just don't fit in any of them. I like glance, a lot more than I expected to, but I certainly don't NEED it. But it is nice to not have to even press the power button to see if I've had any missed calls or texts and it's nice to have the rotating images with Glance Background Beta.

It certainly would not be a decision point in getting a new phone, but I do use it and like it on my 920.
    So option 3? I don't care either way... :)
    snowmutt likes this.
    05-06-2015 04:25 PM
    Yeah, Option 3 for me as well.... I don't use it, but I want to see it available and supported for those that do. As I use an Icon, I'm certainly not going to not buy a phone because Glance is/isn't supported.
    05-06-2015 04:46 PM
    Glance is now must for me. Every friend that takes my phone and see that screen try to unlock it, but when I explain that it is always-on they got blown up and totally amazed by such a simple thing. ^^
    05-06-2015 04:56 PM
    I don't see the point in Glace, except for the mode that stays on when charging. I can unlock my phone just as fast as pull it out of the pocket, don't see why I would need Glance on. That's my opinion though, and everyone has one.
    snowmutt and RumoredNow like this.
    05-06-2015 05:18 PM
    I didn't see the big deal about glance until I got my Icon without it! Still adjusting.
    05-06-2015 05:22 PM
    I love glance on my 925. I have become so used to it that looking at my wife's 635 makes me miss it so much more.
    05-06-2015 05:29 PM
    I am opposite of everyone so far... as is my life. I had glance, than had a three month trial with the HTC On M8 for Windows, and no longer had it. I found I really did not miss it at all. As a matter of a fact, I found I am so ingrained in the way I use my phone, Glance was almost annoying. Now that I am back on my Nokia, I have it shut off and just let my "muscle memory" take over when I am using my phone.

I love that it is available, and want to see it improved based on the feedback of those of you who do enjoy it. But me? Nah. It won't even be a consideration in my future purchases.

For the record: My son doesn't use Glance except for the clock option. My Daughter loves it.
    05-06-2015 05:44 PM
    I think I have possibly misunderstood glance. I was worried that always on meant that my screen was literally always on, which would drain battery and I was worried about burning images into the screen.

So I've had it on peek - but I've just changed it to always on.

I admit, the flashing led is something I miss from my BB. Being able to know what type of message I just got even when my phone is on silent and without touching it was a big deal to me. Fortunately not a deal breaker - and the glance screen gives more info - but I have to pick it up and tap it to get it.

So not sure yet how I feel about glance. Lol.
    05-06-2015 05:45 PM
    It's a hard one.. It seems like a good idea but I don't find it practical in everyday use.
    05-06-2015 06:35 PM
    It's decent but definitely nowhere near necessary for me...whatsoever...at all.
    05-06-2015 08:36 PM
    In all seriousness I could take or leave glance.
    I can see it as vital for many users.

I've actually had phone problems recently and I believe glance may be the cause.
    So for now it's disabled.
    05-06-2015 09:41 PM
    I want it. It looks pretty cool and is also helpful.
    05-06-2015 09:56 PM
    Face it Steve, you're in denial about your love for BlackBerry. It's ok to have both. They're phones, not wives, you can have more than one.
    No denial, I do love BlackBerry, but as you know I felt pretty hosed by the whole double typing fiasco, I will not support a company that operates like that.
    Laura Knotek and RumoredNow like this.
    05-06-2015 10:30 PM
    Glance - prefer it. Especially as others have mentioned, at night. Bedtime clock-phone is great.

However, it would be sort of tolerable to not have it if double tap to wake (and hopefully, off) is available.

Or be on Verizon and know they are gonna get you somehow. *grumble*

(Have a 520, 928, 929, and also use a few iPod Touch's and Kindle Touch and Fire tablets. I push the wrong button frequently.)
    05-06-2015 10:46 PM
    I quite like Glance. It's a very useful feature I've kind of missed on my LG G3. Not life or death, but a very convenient feature.
    05-06-2015 11:09 PM
    Cannot live without it as I can see the time in the dark without blinding myself (use peek) and the tie into the weather app has made it even more tremendously useful.
    05-06-2015 11:12 PM
    It's decent but definitely nowhere near necessary for me...whatsoever...at all.
    That is one of the most "definitive maybe" answers I have ever read.
    05-06-2015 11:12 PM
    I'm driving an 830 right now... It's a bit slow on the Glance. I have always on. Are you using Peek? I hear that is really slow on 830. I like the always on as it flashes my info whenever I take the phone out of pocket or lift it from where I lay it face down.
    Yeah I use peek.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    05-06-2015 11:28 PM
    Don't have it on my old lumia. But really long for it and wouldn't buy a new lumia without it. It's both cool and useful in many ways: A sudden time check at night while sleeping, when I suddenly wake up, was that my phone that just finished ringing-just have a glance at it.
    05-06-2015 11:29 PM
    I love Glance on my 820. I like it better than Active Display on my Moto X 2014. I like how Glance will show upcoming events from my Calendar.
    05-07-2015 12:15 AM
    Only on amoled displays. If i had a notification led, i wouldnt use glance.
    Agree with the only on amoled screens part. Glance on a lcd is pretty pathetic. As for notification leds their time has come and gone.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    05-07-2015 12:23 AM
91 1234