Glance... Yes, No, I Don't Care?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Glance.

Do you love it? Need it? Won't buy another phone without it?

Hate it? Don't want it? The OS should get rid of it?

What's that? Meh...

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I loved Glance on my 822, but it takes way to long to show up on my 830.

By the time Glance lights up on my phone, I could have pulled out the phone, turned it on, checked the time and placed it back in my picked
Pocket.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am all in with Glance. It is indispensable to me and helps me triage my priorities so well. I test drove a Blu Win HD for a couple of weeks and really missed my Glance.

It makes it painful now to not have it. One of the things I LOVE most about Windows Phone is how it brings what I want to know and need to use so close to the surface... so accessible.

Glance epitomizes that for me. It's like a lifeline to what I need to know right now and requires no more effort than a Glance.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I loved Glance on my 822, but it takes way to long to show up on my 830.

By the time Glance lights up on my phone, I could have pulled out the phone, turned it on, checked the time and placed it back in my picked
Pocket.

I'm driving an 830 right now... It's a bit slow on the Glance. I have always on. Are you using Peek? I hear that is really slow on 830. I like the always on as it flashes my info whenever I take the phone out of pocket or lift it from where I lay it face down.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Don't use it at all, useless for me. I prefer interacting with the phone ��

Glance lets me decide if I need to interact with the phone or put it back in my pocket and carry on. Or get the date or time or battery status quickly, just by looking...

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
The always on when charging is something else I find useful to let me know when my 820 itself thinks it is fully charged when sitting on one of my QI chargers. When the screen goes blank then I know for sure it is properly topped up rather than what the charger thinks.

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm driving an 830 right now... It's a bit slow on the Glance. I have always on. Are you using Peek? I hear that is really slow on 830. I like the always on as it flashes my info whenever I take the phone out of pocket or lift it from where I lay it face down.

I think you can make registry edits to make the sensor's response time faster.

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I loved it on my old 925, but on my 830 it was a big disappointment... So slow to pick up movements and failed so much...

Overall it's one of the coolest features WP ever had and i think it deserves more attention from MS. I do miss it sometimes on the 930

Last edited:

Derewd

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
I think it would be cool to have, but at the end of the day i'm not going to make my phone buying decision on it. I'm perfectly happy with my BLU Win HD LTE phone.

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
My Icon is my first Windows phone, it doesn't have glance, it sounds cool though. As someone posted above, I'd like to see a BlackBerry like notification LED on WP.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Tried for a month or two on my old 928 when it first came out, was kind of meh about it, disabled it, and haven't missed it on my Icon. I get enough distractions and out of sequence interactions through the day, I kind of appreciate my phone can be an inert slab until I interact with it.

I use a Tylt wireless charger at work, situated right between my monitors, so if a toast comes through, I see it out of the corner of my eye.

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Complete waste of resources,battery. I prefer to save my battery for more useful activities.I would turn it off.Its features like glance screen that have me worried about windows 10.How we meant to run all these with. Our mid range devices

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I do like glance and it suit perfectly to my needs, like ,,tap to wake" but i use only glance. Tap to wake seem wasting my battery (1520). Sure, nice features but Nok..MS need to optimise it even more.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb