Glance... Yes, No, I Don't Care?

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
You can set it in 3 different ways:
Always on;
Interval - it'll remain on for 15 minutes each time it is activated;
Take a peek - it'll be on for 15 seconds each time it is activated.

No matter what setting you use, Glance will always turn off when the proximity sensor is covered (like when the phone is on your pocket) so no battery is wasted.

If always on doesn't burn too much battery, I would like it better than a BlackBerry like LED. I understand why Glance isn't on AMOLED screens now as you could get burn in on them.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If always on doesn't burn too much battery, I would like it better than a BlackBerry like LED. I understand why Glance isn't on AMOLED screens now as you could get burn in on them.

Lumia 820, 822, 925, 928, 1020 are AMOLED and have Glance. In fact, even Nokia 808 had an AMOLED panel and had similar functionality...

On my 925 I have Glance set to always on and have not experienced any image persistence! XD

Edit: There are measures built into glance to prevent AMOLED/LCD image burn-in.

FWIW my phone used to freeze on the carrier splash running DP. Had the T-Mobile logo for for at least 4 hours, no damage.

4 hour rule? Haha

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
929 (aka Icon) is just like the 930, minus 1 thing...double tap to wake.

(mumbling about Verizon executives and their lineage)

I thought the Icon had DTTW.
I remember going through settings and asking my friend if she wanted it enabled on her Icon...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
929 (aka Icon) is just like the 930, minus 1 thing...double tap to wake.

(mumbling about Verizon executives and their lineage)

I thought the Icon had DTTW.
I remember going through settings and asking my friend if she wanted it enabled on her Icon...

It is not showing as having DTtW on these lists: FAQ - Which features does my Lumia phone support? - Microsoft - Philippines

All I can say is Vzw Gimped the 930 as bad as AT&T did the 1520. This is why carriers should not ever have a hand in phone design. They actually think they are "making improvements in the customer's best interests."

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
All I can say is Vzw Gimped the 930 as bad as AT&T did the 1520. This is why carriers should not ever have a hand in phone design. They actually think they are "making improvements in the customer's best interests."

I'm sure they don't really care about their customers, outside of how much more they can gouge them for each month.

Verizon has a long and glorious history of this sort of thing, predating smartphones even. Rat finks.

/streams more video on unlimited LTE just because/

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Well after using glance for this long (started with 920) I can't go back to a device without it, one of the reasons I chose the 830 over the 930.

Gaming Life

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Pankaj, out of all the Lumia devices you had since windows phone 8, what rank would you give to the 830? Do you believe that the 830 is better than the 930? And do you feel slowness in the 830 compared to any other Lumia device you had?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Pankaj, out of all the Lumia devices you had since windows phone 8, what rank would you give to the 830? Do you believe that the 830 is better than the 930? And do you feel slowness in the 830 compared to any other Lumia device you had?

I PM'd you, didn't want to hijack this thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs