Lumia 640 vs Lumia 640XL vs Lumia 730

Eclairstone

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
I am a Lumia 520 owner from India. I am considering upgrading to a mid range Windows Phone device. I am considering Lumia 640, Lumia 640XL and Lumia 730. But I am unable to decide. Please suggest which should I go for. Or should I wait for the Lumia 640 XL LTE Dual SIM variant launch?

Last edited:

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
The 730 probably has an advantage over the 640 in terms of specs, beter display and 5 mp front camera,but the 640 finds a better balance overall with better rear camera and runs gdr2,better battery..Its less expensive and in my opinion,the 640 is a better build,nice design.The 640 xl is simply too big.Id go the 640.I have mine 1 week,and I'm not disappointed with what I've paid for

Rakesh Rocky2

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I have got 640xl... It sure is big but fits very well with mate finish(except white).. It has got very good battery life and very good camera compared to the other two... If size doesn't matter go with 640xl.

Eclairstone

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
The 730 probably has an advantage over the 640 in terms of specs, beter display and 5 mp front camera,but the 640 finds a better balance overall with better rear camera and runs gdr2,better battery..Its less expensive and in my opinion,the 640 is a better build,nice design.The 640 xl is simply too big.Id go the 640.I have mine 1 week,and I'm not disappointed with what I've paid for

Thanks for the suggestion. I am not a selfie crazy guy. But since upgrading from Lumia 520 which has no FFC, I want to know the quality of the smaller FFC in 640 vs the 5 MP ones in 730 / 640 XL. Can you please clarify?

Last edited:

Eclairstone

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
I have got 640xl... It sure is big but fits very well with mate finish(except white).. It has got very good battery life and very good camera compared to the other two... If size doesn't matter go with 640xl.

Yes, I saw this dummy in a Care Center and checked how it would fit in hand in my pocket. No issues I felt. And as you said it surely has that extra battery life and camera going for it. But how does the camera in 640XL do against that in 730? Any idea?

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. I am not a selfie crazy guy. But since upgrading from Lumia 520 which has no FFC, I want to know the quality of the smaller FFC in 640 vs the 5 MP ones in 730 / 640 XL. Can you please clarify?
I upgraded from the 630 which had no ffc also.the 640 has a 1 mp ffc which is fine in my opinion,probably not as good as the 5 mp on the 730,but if ur not into selfies.then its fine for skype.The rear camera on the 640 is great though, full hd.The Lumia camera app has great features such as rich capture, which takes great pics u can edit and adjust.There are more camera apps that I'm yet to look at

Skittle Milk

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm still rocking a Lumia 925 on T-Mobile. I plan to get the Lumia 640 when it does officially land on TMo. The ONLY reason I'm not springing for the 640 XL is because I'm boring and am sticking to models officially released by my carrier and will continue to do so until TMo hits a WP dry spell like Verizon has until late. If that happens then I will acquire models with bands supported by TMo. And the afore leaked $89 price tag for the 640 on TMo is just way too good to pass up. Enough about me though, if you can scrump up the coin I'd say go for the XL. Size had already been ruled out as not being too huge and its the best of the three spec wise. Better screen, better main camera. Better FFC. And it will be one of the first to receive Windows 10 when it officially launches. If these 3 choices were officially released by T-Mobile, the 640 XL would be a no-brainer for me.

Eclairstone

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
I upgraded from the 630 which had no ffc also.the 640 has a 1 mp ffc which is fine in my opinion,probably not as good as the 5 mp on the 730,but if ur not into selfies.then its fine for skype.The rear camera on the 640 is great though, full hd.The Lumia camera app has great features such as rich capture, which takes great pics u can edit and adjust.There are more camera apps that I'm yet to look at

I'm still rocking a Lumia 925 on T-Mobile. I plan to get the Lumia 640 when it does officially land on TMo. The ONLY reason I'm not springing for the 640 XL is because I'm boring and am sticking to models officially released by my carrier and will continue to do so until TMo hits a WP dry spell like Verizon has until late. If that happens then I will acquire models with bands supported by TMo. And the afore leaked $89 price tag for the 640 on TMo is just way too good to pass up. Enough about me though, if you can scrump up the coin I'd say go for the XL. Size had already been ruled out as not being too huge and its the best of the three spec wise. Better screen, better main camera. Better FFC. And it will be one of the first to receive Windows 10 when it officially launches. If these 3 choices were officially released by T-Mobile, the 640 XL would be a no-brainer for me.

Thanks guys. I have decided to go for Lumia 640! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)