Unlocked Lumia 920 from B&H or Blu Win HD LTE from Microsoft Store?

jacobdrj

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
I need a new phone. My budget is up to $200. Both the international version of the Lumia 920 RM-820 from B&H Photo and the Blu Win HD LTE from the Microsoft Store are at this price.

I prefer a better camera, and the camera button, but I like the dual SIM of the Blu Win HD LTE.

Are there any suggestions on which device I should get? Historically, the Lumia 920 has been a great flagship phone, but it is a bit long in the tooth: Only dual core, older chipset, etc. But it has a compass and a gyroscope, and Qi charging and a camera button and 32 GB of onboard memory.

The Blu WinHD LTE has the dual SIM, but an unknown camera, and less memory.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:

YanivC

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
jacobdrj why not an 830 from ebay? Blu is nice but try to stay within the Lumia family if you want to ensure speedy help and services. Case in point, the windows phone tool does not support non lumia devices.

jacobdrj

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Very cool. Was your old 920 from AT&T, otherwise branded, or an internationally unlocked version?
Did your old 920 have Denim? How did 8.1 run on it?

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Very cool. Was your old 920 from AT&T, otherwise branded, or an internationally unlocked version?
Did your old 920 have Denim? How did 8.1 run on it?
The old one is AT&T flashed with Rogers rom. It has 8.1 with denim and it runs silky smooth. Battery even seems better now, I can usually go 2 full days until charging.

jacobdrj

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Same one I got. Shipped with Amber. Updated it via Lumia Recovery to Cyan. Doesn't look like Denim is available. Beautiful phone, much more so than my AT&T Lumia 1520 or my wife's 830.

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Same one I got. Shipped with Amber. Updated it via Lumia Recovery to Cyan. Doesn't look like Denim is available. Beautiful phone, much more so than my AT&T Lumia 1520 or my wife's 830.
Nice. I immediately flashed the Rogers rom again since it does support the AWS band and went straight to denim. I had problems restoring from backup so I am starting from scratch this time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans