Philippine Grab Taxi Users: Heads up!

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
For Windows phone-owning commuters in the Philippines, particularly those who prefer riding taxis, there are currently two online taxi services available through most mobile devices: Grab Taxi and Easy Taxi.

While I have been a frequent user of Easy Taxi (they even sent a personal email stating that I became one of their top passengers and that a token of appreciation would be mailed to me - but it never arrived), I can't help but notice the absence of a Grab Taxi app for Windows Phones.

The app used to be available in the store several months ago, but it has been since pulled out and is no longer available for download.

I contacted the Grab Taxi staff about this first through their Twitter account but I didn't receive any response there, and then by email and here's there within-12-hour email response:

May 12, 22:16

Hi Gian,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are sorry to inform you that our GrabTaxi app for Windows Phone has been removed from Windows Store and has effectively ceased to operate due to technical issues.

Our tech team is currently working on this issue and are trying their best to improve our application to our windows users.

Hopefully, if all goes well, we will update you as soon as possible

We truly apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We hope you have a great evening and we look forward for your continuous support as we are striving to improve and enhance our service to serve you better.

GrabAway!
Manila Support Squad

GRABTAXI PHILIPPINES Office: +63-2-883-7100
2F ACI Bldg., 147 H.V. Dela Costa Street, Makati City, Philippines

Customer Service Hotline:

Sounds like a corporate answer to me. Nonetheless, the email suggests that the Grab Taxi app should be available for Windows Phone users in the future - it's just a question of when.

For those of you in the Philippines (particularly in Manila, Cebu or Baguio), any thoughts on this? Comments and reactions are welcome.:cool:

Note: Contact information in the email is considered public domain.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
So, that's why! I Switched to uber ... Far better service.

Haven't tried Uber yet, though they now accepted my Debit Card as payment method... and also though I've got one "free ride" pending from them.

How was the service? How better was it compared to, for example, GrabCar (Sedan and (what's that Luxury version?) and EasyPlus?

Lee Miclat

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
What's good about Uber is that they send out the driver based on geo location ... Unlike in grab taxi wherein drivers can still be picky and deny u the ride even if they're the one nearest to u (esp. If they don't see the tip amount they like) ... In Uber, drivers can't just pass up on a passenger lest they get a minus score which riders/passengers greatly consider in deciding to accept or cancel the ride.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the information.

Looks like I'll be using Uber very soon then:
I used to be active in Easy Taxi, but the number of drivers seemed to have been dwindling - I was even one of their top passengers. As for GrabTaxi, I just reported a certain driver a few hours ago for accepting my* booking request and then indicating that I was picked up even if he didn't arrive.

All I need to do now is to store up some funds in my debit card.:wink:

*- Actually, my girlfriend's booking request, since the GrabTaxi app for Windows Phones "is no longer published".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss