Why don't google provide official apps to Lumia?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
The politics of the tech business come into play here.
Microsoft's "scroogled" campaign didn't help the situation.

Laurence_Leong

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
?Maybe they got enough user on Android and afraid of anyone switching to windows phone?
? Maybe developing an window phone apps won't generate significant profit to them?

It's a competition between tech giant, what else can we do :(

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Its basically because Microsoft has Bing. Google apps on Windows Phone will only give more reason for ppl to try a Windows Phone.
If Microsoft pulled their finger out and promoted Bing in all countries Google could have a problem. If a Billion ppl eventually switch to Windows 10 in 3 years like Microsoft hopes I would be very interested in the search percentage's at that time as Windows 10 comes pre installed with Bing.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I like that ^^^ a lot.

Bing support and Bing Rewards more globally. In the US, Bing gives me perks for searching. Google just gives me ads and incessant whining about how I need to look at the ad, evaluate the ad, love the ad, buy what's in the ad, sleep with the ad, have the ad's babies and join the ad's religious cult of whacked out on consumerism Church of the Unsleeping Advertising Eye.

I used to LOVE Google and tell everyone to use them. Now I avoid them like the plague and advise people to do likewise. Somewhere along the way they lost their identity and got way too pushy and obnoxious and demanding. Money does that to some people and to some companies...

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I am not fond of any google product, I do like bing as my search engine and other microsoft product along with it. No rudeness intended; the day that google provides apps to windows phone is the day when pigs fly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes