Snapchat for windows mobile

fekish

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

I just read an interesting article about Snapchat owner. But i can't find an app on windows store as an alternative to snapchat... Because i have a feeling that my region doesn't prioritize once more correctly the apps (same happened with youtube) can you please advice any good apps to test snapchat, and finally understand what is this hype about?

Thanks

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

I just read an interesting article about Snapchat owner. But i can't find an app on windows store as an alternative to snapchat... Because i have a feeling that my region doesn't prioritize once more correctly the apps (same happened with youtube) can you please advice any good apps to test snapchat, and finally understand what is this hype about?

Thanks

Hi there,
Im sorry to bring the news that as you have read about his vendetta about WP, there is no app for Snapchat, we had 6Snap until they suffered a leak, resulting in a huge number of leaked pictures (because of the way 3rd party apps handled it, im sure it happened on iOS and Android) they then clamped down on all 3rd party apps, the recent app to read the news or feeds by Rudy was also taken down.

fekish

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Ok thanks 😊 ... I suppose i should be embarrassed for not knowing? :) i am just an average user, that i do not follow everything that is goig up in Windows store, and do not want to spend so much my time to be honest.. And this is unfortunately the huge disadvantage of windows for the average user. Is too complicated to know which app to download..

My region has so few reviews in Windows store that i never understand what are the good apps... Windows should change this setting and show global reviews...

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Ok thanks 😊 ... I suppose i should be embarrassed for not knowing? :) i am just an average user, that i do not follow everything that is goig up in Windows store, and do not want to spend so much my time to be honest.. And this is unfortunately the huge disadvantage of windows for the average user. Is too complicated to know which app to download..

My region has so few reviews in Windows store that i never understand what are the good apps... Windows should change this setting and show global reviews...

No problem, it is after all why we have the forums too. I do not blame you because our priorities vary from person to person.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Hi there,
Im sorry to bring the news that as you have read about his vendetta about WP, there is no app for Snapchat, we had 6Snap until they suffered a leak, resulting in a huge number of leaked pictures (because of the way 3rd party apps handled it, im sure it happened on iOS and Android) they then clamped down on all 3rd party apps, the recent app to read the news or feeds by Rudy was also taken down.
To clarify, it wasn't 6Snap that leaked, that app is in the clear. But SnapChat blocked it anyway.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I read some articles recently about the SnapChat owner as well... None of them made me want to try his ware.

Like the ones where he and his partner squeezed out the third person who helped innovate the idea and who did most of the heavy lifting for coding the App. And now this third innovator is shut out just before they start making money from investors.

Or the articles that explain how SnapChat keeps taking in more and more investor money without any real plan to monetize the product and pay these investors back. Add in all the reports of the man running around spending all that investor cash while behaving like an overly privileged brat.

Some other articles have explained all the difficulties of how their business model is actually designed to prevent monetization of the product and it appears to be a bubble that will burst sooner rather than later as imitators encroach on the SnapChat user base with better product.

I've read about Ponzi schemes as well. Never wanted try one of those either.

fekish

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Its just ann app that is free on other platforms, why shouldn't one try it? Should everyone stop using facebook because the owner is a bad person? Or apple during steve jobs era?

Last edited by a moderator:

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
It's pretty much a less functional, more popular version of what Cyber Dust does (Cyber Dust supports WP, btw).

...alas, SnapChat's popular, catchy and it's what all the tweenie prost-a-tots are using so it gets to have that over the better service.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Its just ann app that is free on other platforms, why shouldn't one try it? Should everyone stop using facebook because the owner is a bad person? Or apple during steve jobs era?

I don't use facebook, twitter or any social media... It's just not my thing in general. I find it pushy, invasive and overreaching in trying to advise me what my priorities should be.

But in terms of the SnapChat App I was trying to highlight what I saw in the media. I have no idea what article you read that made you say, "Wow, that guy is interesting, I want to try his App." Since you broached the subject I thought it a legitimate topic of conversation.

Sometimes "I, me, myself" don't use things if I think it in any way contributes to something I don't like or find mortally reprehensible (like taking hundreds of millions of dollars with no clear path to making your business profitable to anyone but yourself). I may also want to share my distaste with others. If you are happy with the SnapChat founder and want to try his App - great for you except he specifically fights supporting Windows Phone and denigrates it in the press. But so be it if that makes you more desirous to support him.

Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett