Bout to jump to IOS...stop me from jumping!

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Only someone who doesn't use or have access to great quality apps would say that. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go spend the rest of the day playing Geometry Wars and Bioshock on my iPhone.

Come back in a year when I can play Halo 5 on my SP3 😊

I've used great apps on platforms, therefore I fail to understand why you think I'm so naive and one-sided. You don't know me well enough to make such an asinine statement.

Spencer Carriveau

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
In what way is Windows Mobile becoming more and more like Android? Nothing about the look of Windows Mobile is anything like Android, its much cleaner looking, has live tiles instead of messy widgets, and we have Cortana, which currently is more capable than Google Now or Siri. Nor does Windows Mobile lag over time like Android or Iphone. Older android devices often do not get software updates(and thus security issues go unpatched) and are left behind to die. All windows phone 8.0 phones were upgraded to 8.1 and 8.1.1 and they will be upgraded to Windows 10 Mobile. I just bought a Microsoft Band to use alongside my Lumia 1020, which is currently running build 10080 of the windows 10 technical preview for phones(windows mobile). I could not be any happier(aside from the bugs such as the one that randomly opens the shutter on the camera and causes the phone to heat up).

Tareq27

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
We're not in the world of apps anymore. We're in a world of services. With major companies offering cloud-based services accessible everywhere, services will be dominant over apps in the near future. Apps are also limited in functionality.

Now that I've switched your perspective, it's night-and-day why Windows is superior.
Of course not , it is not even near being that .... At least right now ... But I hope that is the case later ....maybe in two years but not now.

Tareq27

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
And yeas switch to IOS , as soon as I have the money for that im switching... I will of course buy a used Lumia 920 ( really cheap now ) just to keep In touch with my beloved platform ... But man the experience on IOS is so perfect right now it keeps tempting me.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Plus you have to use iOS which I can't imagine anyone really thinks is a good OS other than as an app launcher.

That's a good point. IOS is really an app launcher when you think about it. That's one of the things I LOVE about WP... It is truly mute of an OS. Like the way it integrates and does things. An example being how Cortana reminds me that I need to leave now for an event or reminds me to pick up X when I go to Target.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
And yeas switch to IOS , as soon as I have the money for that im switching... I will of course buy a used Lumia 920 ( really cheap now ) just to keep In touch with my beloved platform ... But man the experience on IOS is so perfect right now it keeps tempting me.

I cant lie. It does look pretty sweet though. In fact, 8 talked an older co worker who had android into an iPhone 6 Plus. She had an iPhone before and figured it would be the best thing for her (she would always complain about the complexity of Android...she was just use to iPhone and not tech savvy).

That price though stopped me right in my tracks. I just can't justify that much money for a phone. I cant!

Last edited:

kklemn

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Allow me to kick this off by saying that I love love love MS products. I have a SP3 that i wouldn't part with for anything. I love Nokia products. In fact it was Nokia (and hence WP)that got me back into the MS camp a few years back. When I first used WP back then the OS was minimalistic, user friendly, and just unique. Now its so android-like and from what I'm reading on this site, W10 is not going to change that.

Its IOS that now seems to be the minimalist alternative. I've never owned an iphone but what I appreciate about IOS is that Apple knows exactly what it is and doesn't change it for anything. The dominance of Android and the slight emergence of WP doesn't matter to Apple. IOS is not changing and for minimalists...that's great. I cant believe it either....for the first time im actually thinking about switching to IOS. Why?

As a MS enthusiast IOS literally has everything I need now...partially thanks to MS. Nadella might be increasing MS market share by allowing MS software on IOS but all that means is that I can switch without pain. Office, onenote, and all those goodies (even maybe cortana) is there.

Second, I'm tired of not having the latest apps. True WP has great 3rd party apps. But I'm tired of a Netflix app that won't work and an ESPN app that is buggy, etc. Overall, I just want access to the apps that everybody else has access too (stores, stadiums, etc.) I don't care if I don't use them right now...i might if I had the chance. Every commercial or store I walk into has an app that doesn't support WP. You know its bad when I visited a church's website last year and was excited that they had an app for WP. Why was that exciting? It should be the norm.

Brining this to a close...the only thing I'm certain I would miss is the camera, Cortana (who is coming to IOS), audio text messages on my bluetooth, and a perhaps something else I'm not thinking of right now.

I'm on a cliff here somebody stop me! Give me some good reasons to stay on board. Really I want them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa