Is x2x better than x3x in terms of quality?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I hear alot of complaints about the hardware of the new generation of Lumias, especially the 830.....is it true?

Not sure how long you've been on this forum but it's easy to get caught up in people's complaints if you just hang out on here.

The x20 series had many defective handsets as well. Lots of 920s, 720s and so on. Defects are a fact of life when dealing with mass production.

Akbar Nazeer

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi friend i don't know about other Lumia series phone because L830 is ma first ever windows phone. I bought the device from Dubai when i visited there and now am staying in India. The device was working really good for 2 months and suddenly without any reason the camera stopped working and getting error as " something went wrong". At first i thought just a reboot is enough but sadly it didn't worked out. then i rushed to search in google to find the solution and found that many are facing the issues and only giving to Nokia care will work. But giving the to phone to Nokia care is like wasting a hell lot of time man. very worse service centers and no proper good service.

Then they re-flashed the firmware but it didn't helped and opted for camera replacement .Since am not Under country warranty they told me it will cost 170$ to change the camera. I was shocked to hear that . And the service team only told me that many L830 devices are registering this complaint and soon they are stopping the L830 model.

And the real worse part is many people here don't like to hear problems or complaints about the devices they own. They will find it beneficiary soon because the camera problem is reporting by many users recently. I don't know why this community is like this people are not ready to here the problems what others are facing with the same **** device.

Before coming to Lumia i had owned a Huawei device Ascend p1 that too bought from Dubai on 2013 . Still now its working real good but i had enough with the android and thus came to Windows , now i regret choosing the L830 because of its delicate hardware.

Main issues that i have faced

- very weak haptic feedback on screen buttons.
- Speaker distorts at high volume levels.
- Headphones with higher impedance values (>16 ohm ) wont work it will sound mono.
- Sometimes will get weak signals.
- Sleek light bleeding is there in the display but will notice only at pitch black surrounding (when turned off all the lights).

all of the above probs we can suppress.

The worst part is the death of my main camera.:angry:... Many are registering the same camera complaints and no proper response from Microsoft regarding the issues. It will occur without any reasons and after some months of usage.

If you can wait then it will be good that you can own the next line of Lumia phones or else switch to iphone or current Android phones because almost every proprietary Microsoft things are now released to other platforms.

I have supported the windowsPhone OS by purchasing the Lumia and what in return i got is a failed device and no proper response or support from Microsoft.

L830 is a very beautiful device in hand and very neatly built phone but with lots of issues.

Now its up to you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad