Galaxy S6 for Windows, would you buy it?

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S6 for Windows, will you buy it?

Yes, I would as I've had no issues with my ATIV S and comments about build quality tend to come from those who've never used a recent Samsung device. Not only that but my ATIV S has had no major issues, camera issues with the dev previews aside, compared to some Nokia/MS Mobile devices.

It would have to be an S6 Edge though.

Laurence_Leong

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site

Why not? It has better resale value, more support center (in my country), better spec...
Great looking too...except it is too pricy for me

I have absolute no hate for android device manufacturer..and why should we??? if window phones family is getting bigger? And you will have 1 more option to choose from when getting windows device.... :)

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
My Ativ S was a problem free, joy to use daily driver for almost 2 years(until I dropped it from atop a 10 foot ladder). Yes I would purchase another Samsung Windows phone. Currently using a 930.

OrangeBerry02

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site

Moved to a Lumia 830 from an Ativ S (as I recall this made Neo158's life complete - /S - at the time!) and it has been an excellent phone EXCEPT now it has developed a minor fault so I've sent it in for repair and resurrected the Ativ S ... to be reminded what an excellent phone it was/is. I'd have no hesitation buying a Samsung S6 Windows Phone but, likewise, would want the Edge.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Moved to appropriate area... I also changed the title since "Galaxy S6 for Windows, will you buy it?" might have people thinking it was actually being released until they read the first post...

Personally, no. As an informal IT help person for people in my life I have handled too many Samsung Galaxy class devices. At one point I briefly owned a Galaxy Nexus. I don't care for the Galaxy line. I feel they use the thinnest amounts of materials possible in all areas and it leaves the devices fragile and cheap feeling in the hand.

NokiaBeast

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I never would have said yes to this question before now, but having held and handled a GS6 edge the other day, I'd say absolutely yes. The build quality and feel in the hand on the edge is far more premium than anything I've seen from Samsung before and the look is unique and beautiful. I'd buy one tomorrow. I'm trying to stay with WP until the WP10 phones hit the market, but damn if this GS6 edge isn't complicating my thoughts right now.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
The galaxy series has since the 3 been IMO very great devices, but id have to say no... The deep black bezels combined with clear lack excellently complement the Windows OS..

The black backgrounds of windows just don't look good on a device with White or grey/silver bezel IMHO...

If I did get one I would keep it on the white theme almost always...
Phones with white or silver/grey or any other color bezel better compliment an OS with backgrounds of colors other than black... And black bezels will complement any OS IMO.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
That is why Windows with the black background on the HTC One m8 don't look right to me... The phone does have a small black bezel that connects it to the metal but the blacks of the actual screen aren't good, so it makes the black backgrounds look awkward...

RoyalX

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
In a heartbeat, but I rather would have a smaller one.

Would be nice to see a Windows Phone feature for the S6 Edge.
Very curious how this will look like.

CB Stuart

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I would get a galaxy s6 for Windows if it wasn't the edge. I don't understand the curved edges and I agree, more ways to break the glass. I would also want to see a bigger battery, as the s6 is only supposed to last 4 hours.

pureview_lvr

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Imagine small live tiles around edges of s6 so ridiculous Samsung cheap plastic asses they can't match Nokia and Microsoft build and classy designs

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Imagine small live tiles around edges of s6 so ridiculous Samsung cheap plastic asses they can't match Nokia and Microsoft build and classy designs
The galaxy s6 & s6 edge are made of glass and metal lol

The designs/build of them are far from cheap

Nokia is the one whose specialty is plastic... High quality plastic, but still nonetheless plastic

Last edited:

pureview_lvr

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
@bo_woods
Don't combine 2 sentences Samsung ******..... Live tiles sutability on edges of s6 and Samsung cheap build compare to Nokia are two things in my words.
World knows Samsung is cheap and poor build phones

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
@bo_woods
Don't combine 2 sentences Samsung ******..... Live tiles sutability on edges of s6 and Samsung cheap build compare to Nokia are two things in my words.
World knows Samsung is cheap and poor build phones

Me... A Samsung ******? I don't even like Samsung.. I only use Microsoft devices

I give credit where credit is due

I didn't even comment/respond to your comment on s6 edge with live tiles.
My whole entire post was directed towards you speaking of Samsung build quality & materials

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos