06-22-2015 07:36 AM
27 12
tools
    What if MS announced S6 for Windows this summer, will you get it? Or you will wait till MS releases the next big thing.
    05-26-2015 07:41 AM
    Yes, I would as I've had no issues with my ATIV S and comments about build quality tend to come from those who've never used a recent Samsung device. Not only that but my ATIV S has had no major issues, camera issues with the dev previews aside, compared to some Nokia/MS Mobile devices.

It would have to be an S6 Edge though.
    05-26-2015 07:45 AM
    Why not? It has better resale value, more support center (in my country), better spec...
    Great looking too...except it is too pricy for me

I have absolute no hate for android device manufacturer..and why should we??? if window phones family is getting bigger? And you will have 1 more option to choose from when getting windows device.... :)
    05-26-2015 08:12 AM
    Never had good experience with samsung ,so nope !!
    05-26-2015 09:01 AM
    My Ativ S was a problem free, joy to use daily driver for almost 2 years(until I dropped it from atop a 10 foot ladder). Yes I would purchase another Samsung Windows phone. Currently using a 930.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-26-2015 09:11 AM
    Moved to a Lumia 830 from an Ativ S (as I recall this made Neo158's life complete - /S - at the time!) and it has been an excellent phone EXCEPT now it has developed a minor fault so I've sent it in for repair and resurrected the Ativ S ... to be reminded what an excellent phone it was/is. I'd have no hesitation buying a Samsung S6 Windows Phone but, likewise, would want the Edge.
    mary beth hale and neo158 like this.
    05-26-2015 09:53 AM
    Moved to appropriate area... I also changed the title since "Galaxy S6 for Windows, will you buy it?" might have people thinking it was actually being released until they read the first post...

Personally, no. As an informal IT help person for people in my life I have handled too many Samsung Galaxy class devices. At one point I briefly owned a Galaxy Nexus. I don't care for the Galaxy line. I feel they use the thinnest amounts of materials possible in all areas and it leaves the devices fragile and cheap feeling in the hand.
    05-26-2015 11:05 AM
    I never would have said yes to this question before now, but having held and handled a GS6 edge the other day, I'd say absolutely yes. The build quality and feel in the hand on the edge is far more premium than anything I've seen from Samsung before and the look is unique and beautiful. I'd buy one tomorrow. I'm trying to stay with WP until the WP10 phones hit the market, but damn if this GS6 edge isn't complicating my thoughts right now.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-20-2015 06:31 PM
    The galaxy series has since the 3 been IMO very great devices, but id have to say no... The deep black bezels combined with clear lack excellently complement the Windows OS..

The black backgrounds of windows just don't look good on a device with White or grey/silver bezel IMHO...

If I did get one I would keep it on the white theme almost always...
    Phones with white or silver/grey or any other color bezel better compliment an OS with backgrounds of colors other than black... And black bezels will complement any OS IMO.
    06-20-2015 06:49 PM
    That is why Windows with the black background on the HTC One m8 don't look right to me... The phone does have a small black bezel that connects it to the metal but the blacks of the actual screen aren't good, so it makes the black backgrounds look awkward...
    06-20-2015 06:53 PM
    In a heartbeat, but I rather would have a smaller one.

Would be nice to see a Windows Phone feature for the S6 Edge.
    Very curious how this will look like.
    06-21-2015 01:19 PM
    Nah, I prefer my Lumia 1520. I welcome all new OEMs and flagships such as the the HTC one m8, but I personally prefer Lumia hardware.
    06-21-2015 01:29 PM
    Great, a phone with more drop angles at which the glass can break.
    06-21-2015 01:32 PM
    I would get a galaxy s6 for Windows if it wasn't the edge. I don't understand the curved edges and I agree, more ways to break the glass. I would also want to see a bigger battery, as the s6 is only supposed to last 4 hours.
    06-21-2015 01:37 PM
    Imagine small live tiles around edges of s6 so ridiculous Samsung cheap plastic asses they can't match Nokia and Microsoft build and classy designs
    06-21-2015 01:39 PM
    Imagine small live tiles around edges of s6 so ridiculous Samsung cheap plastic asses they can't match Nokia and Microsoft build and classy designs
    The galaxy s6 & s6 edge are made of glass and metal lol

The designs/build of them are far from cheap

Nokia is the one whose specialty is plastic... High quality plastic, but still nonetheless plastic
    Last edited by bo_woods; 06-21-2015 at 04:32 PM.
    06-21-2015 01:41 PM
    I knew that , I said it for overall Samsung phones before s6 lol
    They are cheap plastic and have poor build.
    06-21-2015 01:49 PM
    @bo_woods
    Don't combine 2 sentences Samsung fanboy..... Live tiles sutability on edges of s6 and Samsung cheap build compare to Nokia are two things in my words.
    World knows Samsung is cheap and poor build phones
    06-21-2015 02:04 PM
    S6? No. Note 4 with pen and WP 10; absolutely. My daily driver 1a and 1b is the ICON and the Note 4.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-21-2015 02:09 PM
    @bo_woods
    Don't combine 2 sentences Samsung fanboy..... Live tiles sutability on edges of s6 and Samsung cheap build compare to Nokia are two things in my words.
    World knows Samsung is cheap and poor build phones
    Me... A Samsung Fanboy? I don't even like Samsung.. I only use Microsoft devices

I give credit where credit is due

I didn't even comment/respond to your comment on s6 edge with live tiles.
    My whole entire post was directed towards you speaking of Samsung build quality & materials
    06-21-2015 04:30 PM
    @bo_woods

Then what's wrong with my statement about Samsung build it's cheap and poor as compare to Nokia and MS it's true and who said you responded to my live tiles statement I just said don't merge my two statements that live tiles on s6 edge and plastic cheap build of Samsung

And you made thing that s6 is plastic one from my two statements and you barking on me that s6 is metal and glass lol and bla bla bla bla.............

I even said that I know that s6 is not plastic. my comment is for before s6 devices I even said That.
    And my comment is not limited to s6 it's for all Samsung devices compare with Nokia. You started this meaningless things.

And in whole world you are not only truth one. I also appreciate good and quality things.
    06-22-2015 01:42 AM
    I even said that I know that s6 is not plastic. my comment is for before s6 devices I even said That.
    And my comment is not limited to s6 it's for all Samsung devices compare with Nokia. You started this meaningless things.

And in whole world you are not only truth one. I also appreciate good and quality things.
    Your original statement said nothing about Samsung phones before the s6. You said all Samsung phones were cheap plastic asses. You seem confused about what you're saying.

06-22-2015 01:50 AM
    Your original statement said nothing about Samsung phones before the s6. You said all Samsung phones were cheap plastic asses. You seem confused about what you're saying.
    Thank you lol
    06-22-2015 02:18 AM
    @Mathsisbest

Lol sucker of bo_woods Samsung fanboys . I didn't even refused that s6 is metal and glass .in my second comment I said I knew it.
    I just compared Nokia's build with cheap samsung plastic ones.
    Have I ever said that the s6 is plastic or not...you guys merge that first and second half that was

And how can I refused true things it's not possible.
    It's not a Jurassic age here to things remains unknown.world knows everything.

You are confused one who didn't understand what is going on.. Have you ever read full post....may be not..thats why you barking loudly....i give clarification twice.

Keep crying and barking loudly nobody cares.
    06-22-2015 02:57 AM
    Nope. If i get an S6 I'll buy Android version..
    06-22-2015 03:05 AM
27 12