Downloaded email PDF (and other non-pic) attachment(s) location?

RusG

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Hello Team,

When I'm receiving email with attached PDF and I click download, I could open it with Adobe Reader to see/review it. However after the closing the PDF I can not find the actual file under "downloads" either on my SD card or phone memory. Does anyone knows where to "non-picture" email attachments are getting saved by default in W8.1? I'm using native email app, no 3d party.

Thank you in advance! :winktongue:

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
After much research into this, when you click "download" and it opens in adobe or reader, I does not actually download it to the phone. You can still see it in reader even after you delete the email, but its not actually on your phone.

The only way I have found to actually download a PDF to your phone is to do the following.

1. Open internet explorer on your phone and sign in to outlook.com using your browser.
2. Click the file and select "download". Then select "save"
3. Your PDF will now be in the Downloads folder on your phone.

Hope this helps.

RusG

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your reply. So you are saying I have to open my outlook mail in EI in order to save the attachment and it will not work if I'm using native windows app?

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I don't know of any other way to download it onto your phone. Many of us here have tried and this is the best method we could come up with for the time being.

RusG

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Thank you guys! I guess I'll need to check if there are any 3-d party mail clients I could use. :unhappysweat:

RusG

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Tried several 3d party mail clients, including MetroMail. Unfortunately, did not worked for me. :eck: Even MetroMail (which is very good client) can handle only one attachment saving properly...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster